PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Belt Replacement

mindtweaked
01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Is the accessory belt for a 2006 Mazda 3 GT something that I would have to order through a dealership to replace myself or are they common enough that I could find them at an autoparts store? About how much should one cost and how easy is it to change? Is it as simple as loosening off the tensioning pully and replacing the belt? Thanks.

mindtweaked
01-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Check a partsource on the way home, they stock them but the guy said they are currently on back order. Guess I'll have to go through a dealership.

Chester_Lampwick
01-12-2011, 08:12 PM
2006 doesn't sound that old. I guess it depends on miles, but I wouldn't replace it until it had at least 100,000 kms. I'd probably do the belt tensioner at the same time though, and that'll run $75 - $100 by itself. I'd definitely get that at an autoparts store. Might be worth calling the dealer for comparison.

mindtweaked
01-13-2011, 11:32 AM
It's only at 67k, but I had the last oil change done at a local garage and he noted the belt looked dry and to change it at the next oil change. The partsource guy also confirmed the high pitched whine I've started to hear on the highway in the last month while maintaining speed is probably the belt.

jewopi
03-08-2011, 12:00 AM
i work at partsource, we dont have them but can get them for the next day for anyone from a 3rd party supplier.