PDA

View Full Version : Creaks!!

VertigoM
01-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Ok, I know it's like -20c out today but I noticed my car was creaking like crazy over bumps! I hear creaks from the hatch area on small bumps and when I go over larger bumps I hear a pretty bad creak from under the car somewhere! Is this normal??

Donutz
01-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Normal. This topic has been covered extensively. Try searching; you will find a few fixes, but generally you have to live with it.

bman13
01-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Ok, I know it's like -20c out today but I noticed my car was creaking like crazy over bumps! I hear creaks from the hatch area on small bumps and when I go over larger bumps I hear a pretty bad creak from under the car somewhere! Is this normal??

Normal. This topic has been covered extensively. Try searching; you will find a few fixes, but generally you have to live with it.

:thumbsup

VertigoM
01-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Sorry I should have searched but I'm on my iPhone at the mall. Thanks for the reply. So i guess it's just something I'll have to live with!

VertigoM
01-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Well I searched and I don't think the creak I have under the car is normal. I hear it really loud when I go over speed bumps and it sounds possibly like a suspension issue.

In other news, I just got a rock chip on my windshield on the way home. This is NOT MY DAY!!

WeatherB
01-23-2011, 05:24 PM
It's normal, been covered probably a million times.

It's from the sway bar bushings or from the suspension bushings. It'll improve when the car warms up.

Derek13
01-23-2011, 05:44 PM
+1

VertigoM
01-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Well I guess that puts my mind to ease but that really sucks that this is "normal". Did Mazda do ANY cold temperature testing on this thing?? It sounds so bad I'm embarassed to drive with passengers in my car. It sounds like I'm driving a 1980 Ford with blown shocks or something... sheesh

Donutz
01-23-2011, 10:52 PM
If it's the swaybar bushings you can upgrade them. Get greasable bushings that have brackets with zerk fittings. Grease bushings twice (or more) each year.

Kris"Speed3"CWP
01-29-2011, 05:28 PM
If you think thats bad try driving from Collingwood on Airport road at -24 out side ambient temp!!! the creaking wont stop. anything under -12 your shit out of luck!! this week Mon 24th -current not a sound out of them! Polly-urethane bushings are the best and there is not a thing you can do to stop them from making noise in extreme temperatures. Of course MAZDA did not do cold weather testing on the Speed3, we all got the ZOOM edition for new models and all pictures and test vehicles were none Speed models from desert to Attic. If it makes sense trust me Mazda won't do it your suppose to store the Speed as this is the typical profile of most buyers me not included LOL.

Tokay444
01-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Are the stock bushings urathane all of a sudden?

Kris"Speed3"CWP
01-30-2011, 05:47 PM
on the Speed model they are upgraded bushing and squeak more than standard Mazda 3 bushing and you cannot lube them and there is no fix! As far as what I found out there are Polly Urethane bushings hence the stiffer characteristics versus a regular Sport3

Tokay444
01-31-2011, 09:31 AM
The look pretty rubbery to me.