PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the mazda community. Have some questions about my mazda!

ka3ax
02-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Hey guys, i've got an '05 Mazda 3 Sport GT Hatch. Which has been in the accident (not too bad tho). I like the car and already have some big plans for it.

Im fairly new to the Mazda community (you can ask me anything about Honda tho ;) ). So here are my questions (i've looked for them in search but didnt find anything after 20 min of browsing) :

- Are the front bumpers for the '05 sedan and '05 hatch the same? Meaning would a sedan bumper fit my hatch? because im really stuck with finding one for the hatch except getting it from a dealer (which is kinda unreasonably overpriced)

- Are the fenders for '05 sedan and hatch the same or different?

- How do you remove the OEM sideskirts on the '05 mazda hatch? Is the only way to take 'em off the clips is to break the clips?

- Are the parts such as radiator support/ washer fluid tank/ reserve coolant tank the same for all '05 mazdas?

Sorry if thats too much but i've tried to be brief here. Appreciate any help with those.

Mazdy
02-21-2011, 09:42 PM
All i can say is Sedan and Hatch are totally different...Theres some parts that might be actually the same..maybe the emblem? Lol..

Hyperion
02-21-2011, 11:38 PM
- How do you remove the OEM sideskirts on the '05 mazda hatch? Is the only way to take 'em off the clips is to break the clips?

Clips should.... well.... unclip. Shouldn't have to break.

- Are the parts such as radiator support/ washer fluid tank/ reserve coolant tank the same for all '05 mazdas?

I believe the engine stays the same yes.

mzr2.0
02-22-2011, 04:30 PM
hey i'm from winnipeg, and yes the hatch and sedan r diffrent, the bumper on the hatch goes up between the headlights and grille , where as the sedan runs straight across under the headlights but if u wanna get a good used bumper for a fair price checkout action auto. i believe they r on day street

mzr2.0
02-22-2011, 04:32 PM
oh and yes the fenders r the same only thing really diffrent on the front is the bumper hood and grille