PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on new Canon Rebel T3i

essaarcee
02-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Folks,
what do you guys have to say on the new Canon Rebel T3i. Looks to be an upgrade for Rebel T2i but almost similar specs to 60D. I know 60D has few bit more stuff like fps, and some other features...but which one is a good one w.r.t cost v/s feature?

I know Canon T3i is yet to be released, so we dont have much access to the picture quality etc, but considering there is no change in sensor etc from T2i, it'd be very similar.

stevenma188
02-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Why are you upgrading from a T2i to a T3i? I don't think it's worth it. You should save the money to put towards better lenses or save up for a bigger upgrade to a 7D or something.

jonjon72
02-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Why are you upgrading from a T2i to a T3i? I don't think it's worth it. You should save the money to put towards better lenses or save up for a bigger upgrade to a 7D or something.

+1

Save your money for lenses or upgrade to the next level of body. Currently saving up for a 5D Mark II myself.

essaarcee
02-14-2011, 09:40 AM
i dont own T2i either. Planning to buy a DSLR. leaned towards canon. Not sure if 60D is worth the extra money or just go entry level with T2i/T3i!!!
Was thinking of 60D in the lines that i wont feel the need of upgrade soon in comparison to if i buy Rebel series etc.

I know Nikon d7000 is a good one too..but till now still inclined towards a canon one. I use my friends and like the canon one better (just a personal preference).

stevenma188
02-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Ah gotcha. The ergonomics of the 60D suited me way better than the T2i, which is the main reason I would get the 60D.

Have you considered the Nikon D90? IMO that seems to be the best deal right now for price v performance.

XRSized
02-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm a canon fanboy too but when I was in the market in November the 60D was nothing compared to the Nikon D7000 so that's what I got and I'm loving it so far. Not sure on the price comparisons on the T2i and T3i but the tilting screen is a huge benefit to have if you take high/low shots or if you plan on doing any video. Also I'd recommend getting the body only and then buying a seperate lens, you'll be much happier with it compared to the kit lens. I got the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 lens for my Nikon and it gives great results.

XRSized
02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Also I don't see much benefits of 60D over the T3i, same sensor as far as I know, same screen. Even if there are small details, being your first camera, you probably won't be able to tell the difference. If you can save an extra 100-20 bucks there, that can go towards the Canon 50mm lens which is awesome for portraits and it's on sale for $120 right now.

Freakzaz
02-14-2011, 11:39 AM

+1

Save your money for lenses or upgrade to the next level of body. Currently saving up for a 5D Mark II myself.

+2

I myself own a Canon Rebel XSi and a 7D (though the 7D belongs to my dad). The difference between the two in terms of performance, features, and image quality are quite noticeable, though still not as noticeable as upgrading to a better lens. It's hard to say what you should purchase as you could buy a mid-grade DSLR body (i.e. Canon 60D, Nikon d7000) and upgrade later, or you could buy a better one now and be worry free later. It all depends if you think you will be pretty into photography or not.

essaarcee
02-14-2011, 10:36 PM
so seems like either i get T2i and no point in putting extra money in 60d!!!