PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!

hyper7boy
03-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Hey so I need help fast!! I was just presented the opourtnity to purchase a display unit for the 2010 mazda 3 GT. I currently have a 2010 GS and my display unit only includes the red screen which displays radio, temp etc. the one I have a chance to buy cheap is from a GT with the red screen as well as the coloured screen. If I add this new display unit in will I be able to plug and play the coloured screen or will I have to get more work done to make it work???

PLEASE HELP FAST AS I ONLY HAVE LITTLE TIME LEFT TO PURCHASE BEFORE IT IS GONE!!

The one I want looks like this but currently I only have the red screen. Will the coloured screen work??

http://mazda3revolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/2010mazda3int-6.jpg

Krazy
03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
i don't know much.... but... im sure... u need more work done for the coloured screen to work.......
and.. you don't have the other features to use the GT red screen to the fullest.. it's the same screen we have as GS owners... just that we don't ahve climate control.

hyper7boy
I am looking to see if this part number is compatible with my the 2010 GS trim level. I want it for use of Avg fuel milage, avg. speed and display of other data. This will not be used for GPS..

BBM3-61-1J0-C

Krazy
check if the dash comes with the GPS unit...otherwise.. it won't do anything.

hyper7boy
03-06-2011, 03:31 PM
It just comes with the console with the screens. Nothing else. I don't want it for the GPS. The screen on the one I will be purchasing will not be the colour screen. Just the black and white one.

check if the dash comes with the GPS unit...otherwise.. it won't do anything.

distr0
03-06-2011, 04:33 PM
It just comes with the console with the screens. Nothing else. I don't want it for the GPS. The screen on the one I will be purchasing will not be the colour screen. Just the black and white one.

If it's just the bw screen then there is no gps anyways. Check out this (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?37976-Here-s-A-Wild-Idea-2010-MID-Display-Swap) thread..second page shows it has been done. However, I'm pretty sure whatever screen it was saved on when taking out of the car (avg l/100km, current l/100km, other) from donor car, your stuck with that screen unless you get the GT buttons installed. I believe it was discussed on the link above that it should be PnP.