PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Canada seeks feedback on their motorsports involvement in Canada

RacerJason
03-14-2011, 02:31 PM
I have coordinated a meeting at Mazda Canada hq in Richmond Hill where Mazda motorsports participants can voice their concerns and interest. If you actively autocross, solo, solosprint, or race regionally or professionally in a Mazda then you should attend. If you are unable to attend then we are looking at having the meeting teleconferenced also.

This is not a "meet" in the terms most of you are use to we will be having constructive conversations discussing potential future manufacturer support including everything from:

* Working with Mazdaspeed in the states to secure another carrier so that we don't get dinged with the mandatory $40 UPS charge when you order parts

* An annual Mazda sponsored lapping day at the Mosport DDT perhaps

* Greater involvement in the annual MOM including supplying prizes.

* Possible financial support for professional teams in high visibility series.

* Contingency programs for a selection of series in Canada.

* Perhaps a car corral for the ALMS race at Mosport (I've organized meet and greets with the Mazda Dyson ALMS team previously also)

They are interested in gathering ideas on how to support Mazda's motorsports presence in Canada. Mazda Canada has only opened this door once or twice in the last decade so let us try and finally lay a foundation firstly with motorsports that can support and include enthusiasts once we've cleared the air over racing.

If you actively participate in motorsports in your Mazda and have some valuable ideas or constructive opinions to share then send Mazda an email with your contact information, participation level, etc. This meeting is to occur before the start of race season so hopefully some things can be put in place.

Thanks for your interest and support!

From the Mazda Canada facebook page:

After reading your comments about Mazda Motorsports in Canada, we want you to know that we currently support various Canadian racing events. However, we also know there’s more we can do. Let’s have a meet-and-greet luncheon and talk about it! Please read the attached post, and send your contact info to meetandgreet@mazda.ca if you’re interested in attending. We look forward to hearing from you!

Fobio
03-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Finally...

Count me in!

DDT in the early season...Mosport GP later on!

MajesticBlueNTO
03-14-2011, 02:42 PM
sweet! let's hope something good comes out of this

Donutz
03-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Email sent.

Fobio
03-14-2011, 03:58 PM
This is the facebook page/discussion RacerJason is referring to...

The Greatest Manufacturer Influence In Motorsports? MAZDA, Really | NowPublic News Coverage
(https://www.facebook.com/mazdacanada/posts/187922381231880)

RacerJason
03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Yep, I called them out on it and started the ruckus :D

bman13
03-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Mazda Canada Thanks everyone for your feedback, we have noted the thoughts and requests about our involvement in MotorSports. We are very appreciative of the Canadian teams that choose to race with Mazda vehicles! Zoom-Zoom!

Love that at the end :chuckle

Fobio
03-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Jason, please pass these along...I will bring the driver of this CWP MS3 along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCWTA1LyBIs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkB_zonK5og

Romanm
03-29-2011, 12:08 PM
what is the email address?

SKYMP3
03-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Interesting......will join if dates and fee are good.

RacerJason
04-03-2011, 06:32 PM
what is the email address?

meetandgreet@mazda.ca

sol_searchin
04-03-2011, 11:24 PM
You should ask them to divert funding from the performance division of Mazda and instead put the money toward engineering cars that don't rust in less than 4 years and service. Just my opinion

Flunk
04-04-2011, 10:19 PM
You should ask them to divert funding from the performance division of Mazda and instead put the money toward engineering cars that don't rust in less than 4 years and service. Just my opinion

They claim they've fixed that you know, we'll all know for sure in 2 years or so.