PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Mazda 3 'Blue Tooth'

Charlie S
03-31-2011, 08:17 AM
I wonder if anybody else feels the same way about the factory 'Blue Tooth' system on our Mazda 3 vechles!
I am sick and tired being told that my voice is not clear on the other side or something is wrong with my phone line.
So many times I call in for radio contests and when I am lucky enough to get through, I am told to call again because the line is not clear.
There goes my chance!

Is this a common problem? Did Mazda choose an inferior quality product this time?

E-POTS
03-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Some (not all) people just say i sound far away so i just yell and it does the trick. since the mic is in the center below my line of sight I can't always direct my voice in that direction and pay attention to the road at the same time.

Timotee
03-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Except for a few instances wherein the number was mis-heard (if ever this is indeed considered a word), my BT is fine. Have not come across a clarity issue yet.

Roconne
03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
My BT has been pretty good. The only time people have trouble hearing me is when I'm driving at highway speeds, as they say there is a lot of background noise that makes it difficult to hear me. The voice commands have been pretty good for me as well, no issues there.

McGuyver_3
03-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Used the factory BT setup 1 time and it was fine.

melissa
03-31-2011, 10:36 AM
BT works great for me, except for voice dialing (worked great the first day, then went downhill from there).

Elusivellama
03-31-2011, 11:04 AM
The bluetooth system doesn't like my automated dialing that I programmed into my iphone, where it would first dial the calling card number, insert a pause, press 1 for menu, etc. It seems to skip ahead and not wait for my iphone to complete. On the other hand, the bluetooth music streaming (from aux) is impressive.

dbear
03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
I have a 2011 and BT seems to be fine. At one time I did have to raise my voice a bit, but I think it was during highway driving cause of road noise on a rainy day. But yeah, I think reception can be weird in certain areas too.

I actually never dial out so much, but would like to one of these days to give it a try. I keep forgetting on how to search and stuff with the controls. Love receiving calls while i'm driving though. So convenient.

SomeGuy
03-31-2011, 12:28 PM
I have no issues with mine at all...although I don't use it much except for music (which is ALWAYS used).

dbear
03-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I have no issues with mine at all...although I don't use it much except for music (which is ALWAYS used).

Oh yeah, I use it for mainly music as well and works great except for the fact that it takes a second or 2 to be responsive if i want to go back or skip to the next song. A little annoying, but gotten use to it...

angeltwozero
03-31-2011, 02:39 PM
I've had no problems with the bluetooth, it works great! I'd only use it if noone else is in the car tho. don't really like people listening into my conversation
perhaps it's your phone connection? What phone are you using?

Freakzaz
03-31-2011, 04:02 PM
My bluetooth worked fine. Voice commands were fine too, talking with other people was clear too.

Revolver
03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
OP, did you go through the voice recognition procedure where you list off the 6 phrases?

When I use bluetooth, I have no problems except I have to yell loudly because people tell me I sound like I'm far away. I also found on another forum that their is a TSB related to the mic where they re-route the mic up near the drivers side sun visor. People who had the TSB done said people on the other end can hear much better after the TSB.

I called the dealer last week and I was going to try to get the TSB done, but as soon as I mentioned bluetooth they told me Mazda has a phone number dedicated to bluetooth issues, and to call that number. The number is 1-800-430-0153. The dealer said Mazda will go through a bunch of stuff with me, and if none of it works they will replace the bluetooth module. I haven't called the number yet. I have no problems with the bluetooth except I practically have to scream for people to hear me. I'd like to get the TSB done. I'll keep you posted with what happens when I call the 1-800 number.

Jeff-TheBiz
03-31-2011, 04:37 PM
quick question...

I have seen 2 location for the mic.. and don't ask me why and when the change occured..

but it is either on the roof, by the moonroof buttons.. or in the dash.

The moonroof mic gets much better sound.

Where is yours?

E-POTS
03-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Try this:

To get started, press the phone button, wait for the beep, and say, “Voice training.” Follow the prompts to start the
voice recognition learning function.
Source (http://www.mazda.ca/files/BTooth_voiceCommands_en.pdf)

I don't remember if i did this or not, but it couldn't hurt.

Revolver
04-01-2011, 10:08 AM
quick question...

I have seen 2 location for the mic.. and don't ask me why and when the change occured..

but it is either on the roof, by the moonroof buttons.. or in the dash.

The moonroof mic gets much better sound.

Where is yours?

Not sure if this was directed at me, but mine is an early '10 and I believe the mic is in the dash. The TSB I read about re-routes the mic up to the moonroof. That's what I would like to get done.

Jeff-TheBiz
04-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Not sure if this was directed at me, but mine is an early '10 and I believe the mic is in the dash. The TSB I read about re-routes the mic up to the moonroof. That's what I would like to get done.

TSB???

Where? Whats the number?

Revolver
04-03-2011, 11:07 PM
The TSB number that I read was TSB 09-036/10.

I read about it here. (http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/mazda-3-recalls-tsb-ssb/4290-tsb-bluetooth-issue.html)

kramr
04-04-2011, 08:53 AM
My Blue Tooth works fine. People on the other end say it just sounds like on my cell and it is clear. I didn't do the voice recognition process and sometimes it is a pain dialing out but other then that, no issues. Oh, I did have my module replaced as it suddenly stopped working. No phone or music was being picked up off of my BlackBerry. I use it mainly for the music I have on my phone and incoming calls off of my cell. All good!!

JP3
04-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Mine worked fine for the first few months, then started acting up (not very clear or inaudible at times according to the other end, BT wouldn't pickup my phone, etc.) Called Mazda Canada, they reset the system with me and it's been great ever since.

robl
07-11-2011, 12:49 PM
I have a 2011 and BT seems to be fine. At one time I did have to raise my voice a bit, but I think it was during highway driving cause of road noise on a rainy day. But yeah, I think reception can be weird in certain areas too.

I actually never dial out so much, but would like to one of these days to give it a try. I keep forgetting on how to search and stuff with the controls. Love receiving calls while i'm driving though. So convenient.

The 2011's have the mic in the headliner, so the sound should be good.
I also have read that this is mostly an issue for 2010's with the moonroof. I bet that it's due to the shade being open and the sound echoing off of the glass and hitting the mic (just a guess, of course). That being said, when I had my 2010 GT (with moonroof), I had no problems with the voice quality.

Cheers,
Rob.

A6X6L6
09-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Nothing will be as clear as holding a microphone right next to your mouth.

Leafs_Nation87
10-19-2011, 01:57 AM
My BT works awesome....I rarely dial out and if I do I just do it from the phone...with the mic located high up it can be hard to be clear but its much more convenient then having an annoying headset or having stupid wires hanging from a BT device attached to your visor

altec18
12-30-2011, 04:28 PM
No issue with voice clarity. The voice dialing can be a pain sometimes.

rgray
12-30-2011, 09:00 PM
I love the bluetooth ... system works great. Never had any complaints.

ROB_MAZDA
01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
My bt also works great, try speaking in a deeper voice. I enjoy the music part of it and don't really use the phone while driving, bt or not.

Kessly Snipes
02-02-2012, 10:23 PM
No issue with voice clarity. The voice dialing can be a pain sometimes.

Agreed. I wish I could just press the button and say "Call work" and have it call my work.

Impressive
02-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Agreed. I wish I could just press the button and say "Call work" and have it call my work.

That's what Siri is for :chuckle

DualSoul
02-03-2012, 04:03 AM

Er, you can do this...

Hyperion
02-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Er, you can do this...

Lmao. This

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Lactose
06-12-2012, 10:56 AM

Same. But for the most part the voice recog is fine on mine. I havent tried dialing a number since all the numbers I actually regularly call are programmed already and ones I dont I havent memorized anyways.

Only issue I have with the BT setup is not recieving a name from my phone and music info display, however I dont think I'll ever have that on the red display, which is dissapointing (iphone).