PDA

View Full Version : starting the mods

09ms3
06-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Hello folks, looks like the time has come to start modding the car, I have had it for a full 1 and a half months so I am behind already,

Just ordered a Corksport SRI with the cold air box and the motor mount inserts, figured for 35 dollars I would try those before a got a full out motor mount, worse comes to worse I ditch the Corksport MM and am out 35 dollars

let the fun begin :chuckle

Cab0oze
06-12-2011, 08:48 AM
heh have fun :)
I was actually just debating about whether to get the inserts or a whole RMM - are the inserts removable?

09ms3
06-12-2011, 11:04 AM
I believe that the mounts are not permanent, it is two separate inserts that sandwich the stock mount and fill in the open areas making it more ridged, there is no modification to the stock mount itself

Fack_Dude
06-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Don't cheap out! Buy the CP-E motor mount.

Cab0oze
06-12-2011, 02:30 PM
I believe that the mounts are not permanent, it is two separate inserts that sandwich the stock mount and fill in the open areas making it more ridged, there is no modification to the stock mount itself

I know how it works, I'm just curious to know if it is possible to get it back out once you have it in there for a while... like in case I dont like it, need warranty work done, etc.

loki
06-14-2011, 11:32 AM

what he said.

Fack_Dude
06-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I know how it works, I'm just curious to know if it is possible to get it back out once you have it in there for a while... like in case I dont like it, need warranty work done, etc.

If you are worried about your warranty then you shouldn't be moding.

horto
06-14-2011, 12:13 PM
I think if you take out and inspect the stock RMM in all of it's glorious quality, you'll understand why we all replaced ours with the CP-e or SU mount.

Cab0oze
06-14-2011, 05:15 PM
If you are worried about your warranty then you shouldn't be moding.
Since when? I'm not talking about swapping turbos and replacing exhausts... Changing something on that can be reversed if necessary in <30 mins is good to go... i.e. SRI, RMM, etc....
And furthermore, since I got a speed im really only planning to do aesthetics and minor drivability things (i.e. the RMM since its easy and improves shifting and whatnot)

Fack_Dude
06-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Since when? I'm not talking about swapping turbos and replacing exhausts... Changing something on that can be reversed if necessary in <30 mins is good to go... i.e. SRI, RMM, etc....
And furthermore, since I got a speed im really only planning to do aesthetics and minor drivability things (i.e. the RMM since its easy and improves shifting and whatnot)

Dude

Just mod the shit out of it and drive it like you stole it. Lol

09ms3
06-14-2011, 09:44 PM

well I may go that route down the line, just figured since I was getting everything else no harm in getting the inserts as they are so cheap, may be a temp solution but still figure better then nothing

Fack_Dude
06-17-2011, 10:09 AM
well I may go that route down the line, just figured since I was getting everything else no harm in getting the inserts as they are so cheap, may be a temp solution but still figure better then nothing

dude,

Your better off to spend nothing, instead of wasting money on cheap parts!

horto
06-17-2011, 10:31 AM

I think that's how we all started. SRI, RMM and switching to synthetic transmission fluid is a great combination of enhanced drivability and relatively low cost. Sooner or later you'll want an AP or dashhawk to keep an eye on things... then once you flash a stage 1 tune you'll be all :D :D and it's downhill from there.

Cab0oze
06-17-2011, 04:38 PM
I think that's how we all started. SRI, RMM and switching to synthetic transmission fluid is a great combination of enhanced drivability and relatively low cost. Sooner or later you'll want an AP or dashhawk to keep an eye on things... then once you flash a stage 1 tune you'll be all :D :D and it's downhill from there.
lmao im going to need to work on my self restraint it seems...

09ms3
07-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Well the parts finally came in thanks to the postal strike, took about 4 hours to get the SRI/TIP, air box and MM in, overall nothing to complex, however the stock bracket on the air box does not line up to well.

only put about 10km on it so far and keeping it light on the throttle till the ECU resets itself, but a under moderate throttle for a few starts you sure can hear the turbo, and it feels like it spoils up that much faster.

as for the motor mounts, no additional vibration noticed yet at idle, a tiny bit in first when just getting started, but it does feel a bit better changing gears

rzapata
07-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Nice! Pics would be great.. :) Post up how the MM inserts work..

09ms3
07-13-2011, 10:46 AM
here are some pics of the install

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/zum9754/Oakville-20110713-00046.jpg?t=1310568286

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/zum9754/Oakville-20110713-00045.jpg?t=1310568272

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/zum9754/IMG-20110713-00044.jpg