PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer extended warranty?

Unoriginalusername
06-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Just bought an 08 Mazda 5 GT with the extended warranty, how do we go about transferring that to ourselves from the previous owner?

aris
06-28-2011, 11:32 PM
If I'm not mistaken their is a card in your manual that you fill out and send to Mazda ... If you don't have the manual call Mazda Canada

TriniFyah7
06-29-2011, 07:20 AM
It's very simple. All you need to do is go to the dealership with your ownership and driver's license and tell them you want the warranty transferred into your name and that's it!

Unoriginalusername
06-29-2011, 08:38 AM
It's very simple. All you need to do is go to the dealership with your ownership and driver's license and tell them you want the warranty transferred into your name and that's it!

ok thanks. also, does the bi-annual rust protection work the same way? can the rust maintenance be done at any dealership or just the one they bought it from?

Jeff-TheBiz
06-29-2011, 09:27 AM
The MAP transfer is done at the dealership and cost $35 for the transfer.

Gimme a call, I can do it over the phone if you like.

As for the Rust Protection, you will need to mail the remaining warranty cards and the form to Symtech. The process can be found on the back of the warranty form.

aris
06-29-2011, 09:40 AM
The MAP transfer is done at the dealership and cost $35 for the transfer.

Gimme a call, I can do it over the phone if you like.

As for the Rust Protection, you will need to mail the remaining warranty cards and the form to Symtech. The process can be found on the back of the warranty form.

I guess I was way off on what to do lol