PDA

View Full Version : Going Stage 2 this weekend!

fywdyl
07-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm visiting Jimmy on Sat for an oil change, so I said to myself, why not, might as well pick up a DP and TP and have those installed too!

Grabbed myself a UR DP and a resonated TP. Just want to know if there's anything I should look out for in terms of the tune. Should I flash to a stage 2 map right away? I prob have to do another MAF calibration again right?

Thanks!

BlueStreak
07-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Flash the Stage 2 map for your intake and let the LTFTs settle. Chances are you won't have to as calibrating the MAF has to do with the intake only but it never hurts to make sure.

Let us know how it feels.

That sounded inappropriate...

Fobio
07-06-2011, 10:58 AM
One thing to start...find the appropriate Stg2+ OTS map...or the equivalent beta maps...apply your current MAF calibrations, and other tweaks such as CL/OL transition, and LC/FFS, rev limits etc. ...and away you go. Good luck and enjoy!

fywdyl
07-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Flash the Stage 2 map for your intake and let the LTFTs settle. Chances are you won't have to as calibrating the MAF has to do with the intake only but it never hurts to make sure.

Ha ha, I'm sure the DP will feel really nice.

One thing to start...find the appropriate Stg2+ OTS map...or the equivalent beta maps...apply your current MAF calibrations, and other tweaks such as CL/OL transition, and LC/FFS, rev limits etc. ...and away you go. Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks guys! I'll tweak the OTS map tonight in anticipation of the changes.

WeatherB
07-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Have you upgraded your fuel pump yet?

fywdyl
07-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Have you upgraded your fuel pump yet?

Yep! Did that right after I got my AP.

robl
07-06-2011, 02:52 PM

LOL!

fywdyl
07-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Just came back from Jimmy's after the install. He said that the stock gasket from the TP to stock CBE doesn't fit... so he left it out and said that there might be an exhaust leak. MajesticBlue, did you need to get a gasket for the TP to the stock CBE? Haven't flashed the map yet, so no comments on the feel. Feels about the same right now since I didn't push it or anything, however, at idle, it is SOOOOO quiet now. That's awesome.

loki
07-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Just came back from Jimmy's after the install. He said that the stock gasket from the TP to stock CBE doesn't fit... so he left it out and said that there might be an exhaust leak. MajesticBlue, did you need to get a gasket for the TP to the stock CBE? Haven't flashed the map yet, so no comments on the feel. Feels about the same right now since I didn't push it or anything, however, at idle, it is SOOOOO quiet now. That's awesome.

so that was your car at SP yesterday..knew it looked familiar..

you have a corksport top mount? Jimmy and I were looking at it and I said there's no way it's stock. But I know the CS ones can use back the intercooler grill.

fywdyl
07-10-2011, 11:19 AM
so that was your car at SP yesterday..knew it looked familiar..

you have a corksport top mount? Jimmy and I were looking at it and I said there's no way it's stock. But I know the CS ones can use back the intercooler grill.

Yep, that was me! I was gonna stay to chill out, but then Rich told me it would take like 4 hrs, so I told my friend to pick me up.

Yeah, it was the CS top mount. Love the fact that you can use the stock shroud.

loki
07-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Yep, that was me! I was gonna stay to chill out, but then Rich told me it would take like 4 hrs, so I told my friend to pick me up.

Yeah, it was the CS top mount. Love the fact that you can use the stock shroud.

yeh I went there just to shoot the shit. I think I was there for 2 hours just hanging out trying to learn as much as possible. Plus Jimmy is pretty entertaining! haha

car sounded nice when it was all done and he fired it up!

fywdyl
07-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I prob just missed you then... cuz when I got there the car was fired up... ha ha.