PDA

View Full Version : justblaze 2010 MS3 Datalogs

justblaze
07-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I would really like to post my datalogs of my 2010 MS3 with Cobb AP Stage 1+ SURE SRI for some of the resident pros to have a look at but I can't figure out how to attach them. Could some one throw me bone and point me in the right direction?

fywdyl
07-08-2011, 08:52 AM
You might need more posts before you can start attaching logs. I think 100 is the magic number.

BlueStreak
07-08-2011, 09:36 AM
See attached.

fywdyl is probably right, though. I think there is a minimum post count required before you can do that.

On the other hand, you can convert your datalog to an image (leave out the excess portions that aren't WOT), host it on Flickr and attach it here.

justblaze
07-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Great idea. I will post some "images" tonight.

justblaze
07-08-2011, 10:34 PM
These datalogs are of third and fourth gear. They are kinda short, but I plan on getting some more this weekend. Let me know what you think.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/justblaze227/3rdGear.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/justblaze227/4thGear.jpg

fywdyl
07-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Have you updated your AP recently? If not, download AP Manager and update it. You should have a LOT more data points. Can't really tell much from the logs you have right there.

BlueStreak
07-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Other than your long term fuel trims (LTFTs) being quite a bit off, I cannot discern much from that datalog.

justblaze
07-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Here is a log from earlier today. The car seems to be running good. This is the newer map v102. I had to update to get better data logging. The LTFT's and STFT's look a little iffy, but when the cars at WOT they drop to zero so I was wondering if that was normal? It's when I am at partial throttle that the fuel trims seem all over the place. What are good values for lets say WOT, Partial, foot off the gas (coasting) and Idle? Everything else seems to look ok, but opinions are much needed. Gas mileage has been great, averaging 8.3 l/100km to and from work. Is this a sign of running to lean? Any help/tips is greatly appreciated.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/justblaze227/Screenshot2011-07-14at85449PM.png

fywdyl
07-14-2011, 11:50 PM
From your log, it looks like you were WOT for about 2 sec. To do a "proper" log, pick a gear (3rd or 4th), start the log at about 2500 rpm, hold it at 2500 for about 1 sec because it takes about half a second for the AP to start logging and then mash the pedal until you hit redline, then stop the log.

As for LTFT, you want them to be +/-8 at part throttle. At WOT, they should be 0, that is normal as the ECU no longer uses them in open loop. You will need to do a MAF calibration to get your part throttle LTFT as close to 0 as possible, but +/-4 is more than enough, slight changes in temperature or humidity will change the LTFT, so there's no point in getting it to be exactly 0.

As for running lean or not, it depends what you are commanding for your AFRs, you will need to check that in Accesstuner Race (ATR). If you haven't done so already, request a copy from COBB.

BlueStreak
07-15-2011, 11:05 AM
When the ECU goes to open loop, LTFTs go to 0. I believe COBB set the closed loop to open loop transition at 1.0 Calculated load, judging by the datalog here (I haven't started running the new maps and ATR yet). With that said, when the car is in open loop, your AFRs are all over the place.

Have you calibrated your MAF?

justblaze
07-15-2011, 12:37 PM
No I have not calibrated the MAF yet. Still trying to get my head around how it is done.

BlueStreak
07-15-2011, 01:06 PM
MazdaSpeedForums.org has a great how-to.

justblaze
07-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Requested ATR, now just awaiting the email link. In the mean time I'll need to find a PC to run it on seeing how I have a MAC not a PC. Just a small roadblock.

Fobio
07-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Requested ATR, now just awaiting the email link. In the mean time I'll need to find a PC to run it on seeing how I have a MAC not a PC. Just a small roadblock.

chk on msf...there are tutorials on how to run ATR on a MAC...you basically run a VM on the MAC, I believe.

Snotrocket
07-29-2011, 01:16 AM

Contact me as i run ATR on my mac with a fantastic program called Parallels.. I can help you get it for free if you'd like.

loki
08-07-2011, 08:01 PM
when I requested ATR couple of days ago when the link to dload was sent, it said now supports MAC OSX

can anyone else confirm this?

I had already driven to the states to pick up my AP and while I was there picked up a laptop at the same time just for tuning purposes...

If it does run on MAc now (without parallels etc..) then I bought a laptop for no reason...oh well.

Snotrocket
08-07-2011, 08:29 PM
you went and bought a laptop specifically for ATR? lol... I hadn't heard this.. you would think it would be posted on the cobb website somewhere?

loki
08-07-2011, 08:45 PM
you went and bought a laptop specifically for ATR? lol... I hadn't heard this.. you would think it would be posted on the cobb website somewhere?

Yeh I did...time to get serious.

Here's a paragraph from the email sent to me from Cobb

"
You will also need to update your AccessPORT to the LATEST firmware by running the AccessPORT Manager 2.0 software. We now support Mac OSX as well as Windows!!

"

Snotrocket
08-07-2011, 09:20 PM
AccessPORT Manager... not ATR

justblaze
08-07-2011, 09:34 PM
As far as I know ATR still only runs PC. I to will be getting a laptop so I can run the ATR without parallel.

Snotrocket
08-07-2011, 09:36 PM
why is everyone so opposed to running a virtual machine? lol its free on torrents...

loki
08-08-2011, 10:58 AM
why is everyone so opposed to running a virtual machine? lol its free on torrents...

I just want a laptop dammit!!!

Snotrocket
08-08-2011, 12:13 PM
For sale. USB ports not included. Contact me.

http://www.slashgear.com/gallery/data_files/2/7/8/spectrum-zx-laptop.jpg