PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Tables

CelestSpeed3
10-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure if I will explain ts right but I'm going to try anyway.

I'm this car a little odd to drive hard around the corners then my 6 was. I find the Speed3 chassis is harding to maintian chassis balance with the throttle while in a corner. Here's what I mean, on my 6 i would go into a corner with about half throttle to maintain speed and use the throttle to fine tune the line. The Speed3 doesn't seem to have the same pedal. I figured there was nothing I could do about it until yesterday. After coming home from the dyno I've reading through every bit of literature on ATR. I also came across the throttle tables and was a little confused.

Neutral APP translation table is the only one that makes sense. 30% is 30% but the other tables don't mame sense to me. In the other tables it says i have to be at 50% pedal position to be commanding the throttle plate at 30%. At 70% the throttle is commanded to open 50%. This doesn't make to much sense to me.

So I just adjust all values in all the tables to match the neutral table. Will this give me the linear throttle i'm looking for.

Fobio
10-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Short answer: no. Long answer: there's a fix for that.

One of the main reasons I started to tune was so I can adjust the throttle...we live in the 21st century. I know this sounds a little spoiled, since back in the day you can manipulate the throttle cable, but now I can do it without opening the hood.

Anyway, there're a few threads on MSF with regards to "smooth throttle" fixes...have a look and search, and I think one of them is stickied.

CelestSpeed3
10-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks Vincent

BlueStreak
10-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Just remember, linear throttle input does not equal linear throttle "feel" as our engines a) have turbo lag and b) do not have a linear torque curve.

CelestSpeed3
10-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I matched the throttle values across the board with the requested to actual in the translation tables.

The car feels great now, i can downshift so much faster than before, the throttle has now become exactly how I wanted it.

I also changed the closed loop exit delay tables with the values you posted on the MSF thread and it seems to have helped the torque feel a bit.