PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2+ 93 octane tuned, should I go 91?

cSPEED
11-27-2011, 01:17 PM
As title states, car is tuned and MAF calibrated for 93 octane, I usually go with 94 anyway. Gas is starting to rape me a bit though and plus its winter, do you guys think I should tune 91 instead? Save some on gas? Or is the difference in octane accounted for by the difference in price, mileage wise?

loki
11-27-2011, 03:17 PM
As title states, car is tuned and MAF calibrated for 93 octane, I usually go with 94 anyway. Gas is starting to rape me a bit though and plus its winter, do you guys think I should tune 91 instead? Save some on gas? Or is the difference in octane accounted for by the difference in price, mileage wise?

Flash a 91 tune and put in 91 octane.

Don't keep the 93 tune and put in 91 octane

If you're that concerned about gas then pull out the dp and go back to stage 1

loki
11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Its 3 cents extra per litre for 94 octane vs 91 octane.

You'll save $1.50 on a 50 litre tank....

cSPEED
11-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Never said I was THAT concerned about the difference. I was asking because I am not going to push the car in the winter, I doubt the turbo will spool much and I was just wondering whether there is a point in fueling 94 octane when the difference in price, although minimal, will not be contributing to the performance of the car. Pulling out the DP and going Stage 1 is not an option, obviously.

loki
11-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Never said I was THAT concerned about the difference. I was asking because I am not going to push the car in the winter, I doubt the turbo will spool much and I was just wondering whether there is a point in fueling 94 octane when the difference in price, although minimal, will not be contributing to the performance of the car. Pulling out the DP and going Stage 1 is not an option, obviously.

Yup just flash a 91 octane map

Make sure you apply the same maf cal.

cSPEED
11-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the help!