PDA

View Full Version : HYPERTECH ECU reflasher, any1 running this? Is it legit?

J_wow86
01-30-2012, 09:04 PM
http://www.andysautosport.com/images/hypertech/hypr_sport.jpg

olgeezer1
03-11-2012, 06:35 PM
What! No one in the GTA or using this forum has any experience w/the Hypertech unit? Kinda hard to believe. I'd also be interested in hearing. Well J_wow86, if you have a look at the U.S. Mazda3Forums I believe under the Modifications threads, you'll find a pretty good discussion there. Basically feedback seems positive. Not large power gains but pretty good for the $ and lots of comments about improved response. One guy ran a datalogger & wideband to check that fuel/air ratios weren't too lean and it checked out OK. I'm going to start looking into it here in Ottawa. Seeing prices around $350. in the U.S. and $450. from Canadian sites.

cwp_sedan
03-11-2012, 06:46 PM
What! No one in the GTA or using this forum has any experience w/the Hypertech unit? Kinda hard to believe. I'd also be interested in hearing. Well J_wow86, if you have a look at the U.S. Mazda3Forums I believe under the Modifications threads, you'll find a pretty good discussion there. Basically feedback seems positive. Not large power gains but pretty good for the $ and lots of comments about improved response. One guy ran a datalogger & wideband to check that fuel/air ratios weren't too lean and it checked out OK. I'm going to start looking into it here in Ottawa. Seeing prices around $350. in the U.S. and $450. from Canadian sites.

Of course we have heard of it. Why no one replied to this thread I'm not sure. If you do a search plenty comes up about the Hypertech.

greatwhiteshark
03-11-2012, 07:24 PM
I have one right now but haven't installed it yet. My car is going to the dealer this week for some service and I'll be installing it after that. I'll be watching my A/F ratios and post my thoughts on the hypertech this week. I not expecting a whole lot from it lol..

olgeezer1
03-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Ordered mine today. Will post impressions in a wk.or 2. "Greatwhiteshark"- will be interested in hearing if you're able to get A/F readouts across the board. Everywhere I inquire it's not supposed to be a problem. Have to look for someone around here(Ottawa) where I can get on a dyno.

olgeezer1
04-06-2012, 11:53 AM
So, initial impression is pretty positive. Using the reg. tune on an '06 2.3 w/ Magnaflow CBE. Install not a problem although I had to go back & forth to the computer for updates a couple of times( not unusual as I understand it). Definitely a stronger pull and better response to throttle input. Tire spin from a rolling 1st gear now a problem(if you want to call that a problem). For the price this is a mod you can actually feel as opposed to intake/exhaust which seem minimal if at all. Also looks like a slight improvement in fuel milage but will need more time to be sure. Will eventually get to a dyno to see where I've ended up and check the A/F ratios.