PDA

View Full Version : NEED to know how to remove door panels on the 2012's

zoomahh
02-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Before anyone douses me with gasoline and lights me up, I DID DO A SEARCH ;)
And if there is such a how to then I can't find it. Also, I realize that if one does not do a search for the EXACT words, you get spit....

So if anyone knows if there is a post on this, or if someone has upgraded their speakers on the 2010 - 2012's, could you help me out and lemme know where the hidden screws, secret codeword, special handshake, or sleight of hand one must do to make the door panels miraculously come off?
Thanks guyz

McGuyver_3
02-20-2012, 01:13 AM
There's an entire how to on the m3f forum if I am not mistaken. The big stereo upgrade or something like that its called. I'm on my BB other wise I would look it up for you. I have taken them off before but I cannot remember how to remove them sorry about that

zoomahh
02-20-2012, 06:40 AM
There's an entire how to on the m3f forum if I am not mistaken. The big stereo upgrade or something like that its called. I'm on my BB other wise I would look it up for you. I have taken them off before but I cannot remember how to remove them sorry about that

Thanks Dan, I'll look it up now and see if I can find it. But I'm not doing "SPIT" until I know exactly how to do it. Don't want any pry marks or scratches on my door panels from trying to remove em ;)

zoomahh
02-22-2012, 06:24 AM
I can't believe noone knows how to get the door panels off....How bout Mcguyver...anyone??!!
I would luv to upgrade my speakers but I don't want to destroy my doors :( It CAN"T be just clips holding it on. ....

Jackal
02-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Here you go:
2010+
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2010-mazda-3-discussion/1488-so-you-think-bose-speakers-bad-lol.html

Gen 1
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123639016-HOW-TO-Mazda3-Front-Speaker-Install

Hyperion
02-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Very simple, done it multiple times.
1. Use credit card to remove trim from door grip thing.
2. Pull plastic piece off where tweeter should be.
3. Remove 2 screws in door handle (star screws)
4. Pull door cover off. I like to start on the inside.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

zoomahh
02-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanx guys :thumbsup: gonna do this soon as weather gets better :)

Hyperion
02-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Also,
Behind the door hand on the interior there is a plastic bit you have to pop out with a screw driver, and then there is 1 more screw behind that.