PDA

View Full Version : Tuning options???

jay jay
02-24-2012, 03:03 AM
Hey guys need some opinions. Im looking at installing a meth kit this spring and im looking for a tune. Now from what I understand there is the big two.
Mspeed and Advance power house. Just wondering who you guys prefer, pro's and cons, that kinda thing.

standsideways
02-24-2012, 05:31 AM
This belongs in the mazdaspeed section FYI.

What are your current mods and tuning soluion?

I doubt you have the mods to warrant getting a meth/water kit.

Also i noticed you said your second gear is gone? Deal will your transmission and maintinance before any mods, and check out Mspeed's section in the sponsors area, Fobio covers everything you will basically ever need to know about your car and performance.

READ READ READ :D :D :D

I think Mspeed offers workshops for learning how to maintain your speed vehicle and they will help you out with understanding the DISI motor, its fueling system(THE weakness), its faults, and what you can do to make sure your DISI 2.3 is running good, and keep it running good.

Then you can worry about power :D

Get yourself over into the mazdaspeed section, its literally a whole other world in there

jay jay
02-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Mods= Cp-e fuel pump, ets intercooler, Cp-e downpipe, Cp-e intake and turbo inlet, turbosmart bov, and second gear was fixed in the fall. So Im pretty sure my mods warrant a meth system and I also live in Ottawa so its a bit far away to attend a workshop. As for a tuning solution all I have is the base maps on my ap.

S.F.W.
02-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Mods= Cp-e fuel pump, ets intercooler, Cp-e downpipe, Cp-e intake and turbo inlet, turbosmart bov, and second gear was fixed in the fall. So Im pretty sure my mods warrant a meth system and I also live in Ottawa so its a bit far away to attend a workshop. As for a tuning solution all I have is the base maps on my ap.

Before you go Meth, a custom map may be better. What are your goals ?

jay jay
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Yes a custom map would be the first step, then a map for the meth would be the second. As for goals, I wanna get all I can get outta my speed without a big turbo. I am mechanically handy and I am ready everything about tuning I can find so I can maintain my speed to a tee.

loki
02-25-2012, 12:07 AM
have you ever produced any data logs?