PDA

View Full Version : Guardian Angel Review

Fack_Dude
03-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey guys,

As some of you know that I have been very fortunate to be chosen to test out the Guardian Angel that prevents overboost conditions or even acts as an methonal or other controler fail safe. The unit was designed by Alex, the owner of Stratified Automotive Controls which is based in Vancouver.

When I received the Guardian Angel I was very impressed how professional the unit looked and how it was very well constructed with detail.

The best place that I was able to install the unit was right on the fuse panel located on the driver side of the vehicle. The power source was very easy to tap into since I tapped into #12 of the engine bar and then grounded the black wire to the panel of the body and ran the warning indictor wire with light through the fire wall and drilled a little hole on the button on the left side of the steering wheel. The vacum line was bypassd through the GA and then connected on to the bpv.

I set the boost peak on the GA at 10psi and then took the car out for a little test drive. During the test drive I noticed that the power was not turning on the unit. After the test drive, all connections had to be reinspected and the problem ended up to be the connector on the ground wire. The ground connector was replaced and the power came back on. I went out for another test drive and the unit worked, when I stepped on the gas and the GA kicked in at 10 psi. It took several runs to dial in the set up on the GA for the proper boost cut off I wanted to achieve for my car.

The GA is a must for every speed owner who wants a piece of mind when driving their car and not to worry about the infamous zoom zoom BOOM!

I rate this cool unit 9.5 outta 10.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/fast_dude/speed3029.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/fast_dude/speed3023.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/fast_dude/speed3022.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/fast_dude/speed3.jpg

rzapata
03-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Cool review sir. :) How did it feel though? Did it just hold 10PSI all the way through? You tried it all the way to redline? Million questions.. :chuckle

MPS
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
wait if yo rate it 9.5 out of 10 where is the .5 ???

Fack_Dude
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Cool review sir. :) How did it feel though? Did it just hold 10PSI all the way through? You tried it all the way to redline? Million questions.. :chuckle

Thanks dude! Basically, when the GA sets the designated boost peak you will feel a mild drop in boost and yes I went pretty much to red line and after you release the gas peddle the GA will reset itself.

Fack_Dude
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
wait if yo rate it 9.5 out of 10 where is the .5 ???

Bluestreak and I spent about 20 mins looking for a bad connection which was causing the unit not to turn on......

Hyperion
03-19-2012, 08:46 PM
I spent about 20 mins looking for a bad connection which causing the unit not to turn on......

"I" you keep on using this word "I", and I'm not sure who :chuckle
:gone

rzapata
03-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks dude! Basically, when the GA sets the designated boost peak you will feel a mild drop in boost and yes I went pretty much to red line and after you release the gas peddle the GA will reset itself.

That's very neat. Thanks! Definitely a must upgrade. :thumbsup

Fack_Dude
03-19-2012, 08:52 PM
That's very neat. Thanks! Definitely a must upgrade. :thumbsup

No problem!

boyracer
03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Well done. Can't wait to get mine.

MPS
03-19-2012, 10:29 PM
so you blame the .5 on the unit when its ur fault :chuckle

Bluestreak and I spent about 20 mins looking for a bad connection which was causing the unit not to turn on......

BlueStreak
03-19-2012, 10:44 PM
It was a minor flaw in the connector.

breakfasteatre
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
It was a minor flaw in the connector.

you have to plug it into the unit ;)

BlueStreak
03-20-2012, 12:17 AM
You guys are asses :P

loki
03-20-2012, 12:35 AM
You guys are asses :P

see, I'm not the only one getting called an ass

TheMAN
03-20-2012, 12:37 AM
hmm.... is that box weather sealed? I think it's also a good idea to put a rubber cover over the adjustment screw that way salt spray/water doesn't get inside the box!

BlueStreak
03-20-2012, 11:12 AM
That's a good point.

Alex@Stratified
03-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the great review Derek! Just to answer the question above - the box is not weather sealed. The electronics inside are conformal coated however for resistance to the elements. That doesn't mean you can drop it in the pool though so placing it in a sensible location where water won't directly pour onto it from the hood (for example) is a wise choice.