PDA

View Full Version : Injector Seals Fail

Snotrocket
04-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Saturday afternoon I took a drive out to MarnieMazda's house in Barrie to do what we are calling a "NATOR NORTH" install. Being the first install done there it was bound to go off with some hiccups. Let me set the stage... I arrive there and unload all my parts and Dan (MarineMazda) is bragging about his new BBQ and how he did such a great job putting it together. So we decide to fire it up and start the day off right with some delicious lunch... This is where the day started to go wrong.

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu3/snotrocket1983/01f57c59.jpg

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu3/snotrocket1983/db14de4c.jpg

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu3/snotrocket1983/7b0a3473.jpg

LOL! Way to leave your pliers under the burner DAN!!! loll Let the flaming begin.

Lunch obviously took us a little longer then expected so we were a bit behind on our install of the Toyota injector seals putting us in a bit of a rush.. Working while in a rush, bad idea as you will see... Lesson Learned..

Once we got to the point of actually installing the new seals we made the observation that one side of these are slightly flat and the other side is rounded. After doing a quick search the answer wasn't readily available so we went with logic. The CP-e seals sit flat side to the head so why wouldn't these? So we went with that and started slapping things together.. We were then informed that the seals are supposed to go the other way. Flat side to the injector. Unfortunately i needed the car back together to get home for a prior commitment i could not miss.

My question is now as far as i understand it if i have leakage it will show up as false knock? How much knock usually? are there any other tell tail signs? Im thinking i should probably just tackle the whole situation and do the job again tomorrow.... Anyone have any further input?

Fack_Dude
04-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Faccck Mike. Order the Cp-e safety seals and save yourself a few headaches!

Mr Wilson
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Dan mentioned the seal issue........but neglected the plier problem.

Snotrocket
04-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Dan mentioned the seal issue........but neglected the plier problem.

I couldn't let that slide lol

MarineMazda
04-03-2012, 12:25 AM
LMAO yes that dreaded BBQ I swear doing a BT install is 100x easier then building the Freaking Walmart BBQ!!!!

boyracer
04-03-2012, 06:13 AM
^^^ LOL, Dan did forget to mention the pliers incident. That's something Nator North North can start doing. Sacrificing a tool to the tool gods before an install begins.

MarineMazda
04-03-2012, 01:01 PM
The best part is I am going to bring them Back to crappy tire and see if the Warrenty them hahahahaha

On a side note I am currently doing Nator conference txting with Mike so he can change is seal lmao

CelestSpeed3
04-03-2012, 04:50 PM
keep them

they are heat treated now.

Snotrocket
04-03-2012, 10:18 PM
@MarineMazda I think i am going to pop the stocker TMIC back on as i am getting some knock in the 3000-4000... Its either seals are leaking or the TMIC is causing false knock due to its poor fit on the GEN 2...

I need to get my hands on a FMIC anyway.

Not to mention my tenant surprised me by saying she is leaving this month thus didn't receive the rent to pay you for it lol!