PDA

View Full Version : PMM or TMM?

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 01:18 PM
So.. I've recently purchased the JBR chrome molly mount and installed it today. Before I had an SU 62duro.
The JBR mount has sold me on another mount, but I'm not sure which to get and I will not be purchasing both at once as it's not in the budget right now.

I'll do a review on the 88 duro chrome molly once I break it in a little bit more but it's a world of difference from the SU one. I think I'm addicted to motor mounts now as I was gonna do RSB first. I'm leaning toward the 88 duro TMM as I feel like it will make my transmission feel like butter more so than it does now with bushings, short shifter, and the stiffest RMM.

What do you guys think will make the biggest difference? TMM or PMM? I think it would be the TMM but I just want to confirm before I buy. I figure I won't autox for at least another month or two so I might as well change the everyday driving feel and get the RSB later.

Thoughts?

Fack_Dude
05-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Dont be cheap. Buy all the mounts bro.

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I try and budget my car purchases to one thing at a time but now that I'm reading reviews on MSF I'm finding that if I do just 1 mount I won't get a noticeable enough performance difference because it's offset by the last weak mount. Can anyone who's had just 2 mounts and an OEM mount chime in on this? I just might wait till I can get both in that case.

Fack_Dude
05-07-2012, 01:37 PM
It's easy breezy. Less mounts=less performance you do the math. Like I said dont be cheap.

Mr Wilson
05-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Agreed with fast_dud. No question install is a billion times easier with the PMM, but get both it really is worth it. You'll put a lot of strain on a single remaining stock mount after upgrading two.

Had the PMM in for a couple days before putting in the DMM and the vibes got better with all three in. Get the JBR PMM and TRZ DMM and it isn't that expensive.

boyracer
05-07-2012, 01:38 PM
You will hear every single belt from inside the cabin. I have all JBR mounts in my speed and I love it.

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I need to come to a meet to check these out for myself I think.

What do you guys think of this? Seems like a steal:
http://www.protegegarage.com/1524-trz-transmission-mount-mazdaspeed3.html

Vibes don't bother me at all. I've put about 50KM on the 88duro so far and don't really see why everyone was whining.

Mr Wilson
05-07-2012, 01:43 PM
TRZ is also the easiest install (over JBR/CP-e). Breakfasteatre is running the TRZ TMM.

Fack_Dude
05-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Protege garage stuff is shit. I ran that shit for two years and that stuff fell apart. Again dont be cheap.

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 01:47 PM
It's not PG stuff. It's TRZ stuff. Never read a single complaint about the TRZ RMM so I expect the same from the TMM. If this is half the price and performs 10% less than JBR I will settle for this any day.

Fack_Dude
05-07-2012, 01:49 PM
It's not PG stuff. It's TRZ stuff. Never read a single complaint about the TRZ RMM so I expect the same from the TMM. If this is half the price and performs 10% less than JBR I will settle for this any day.

Doesnt matter. Even the shit pg sells is garabage.

loki
05-07-2012, 01:55 PM
just wait until you can afford both, order and install both at the same time from JBR

Doesnt matter. Even the shit pg sells is garabage.

but the turbo manifolds are sexy!

Booostin
05-07-2012, 01:57 PM
TRZ stuff is good quality

Fack_Dude
05-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Agree with loki on the manifolds. Lol

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 02:22 PM
I may just get the TRZ TMM and JBR PMM as that makes it about 30% cheaper.

loki
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I may just get the TRZ TMM and JBR PMM as that makes it about 30% cheaper.

30% which works out to how much?

just keep it consistent with all JBR.

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 02:43 PM
It's $100 cheaper to go TRZ because it's on sale. So it comes out to 300 shipped instead of 400 shipped. I know a lot of you guys are a bit older so you have a little more of a budget than me in regards to stuff like this as I'm a student with ~40K in student loans and I still manage to blow money on car parts :D

boyracer
05-07-2012, 02:45 PM
30% which works out to how much?

just keep it consistent with all JBR.

I have to agree with loki.

loki
05-07-2012, 02:46 PM
It's $100 cheaper to go TRZ because it's on sale. So it comes out to 300 shipped instead of 400 shipped. I know a lot of you guys are a bit older so you have a little more of a budget than me in regards to stuff like this as I'm a student with ~40K in student loans and I still manage to blow money on car parts :D

breakfasteatre is running the JBR TMM and the TRZ TMM

you'll be fine. No harm in saving money, that's for sure

loki
05-07-2012, 02:59 PM
stop buying useless tow hooks and you'd be able to afford JBR mounts. Just saw your FS thread....

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Ah there's something to be said for aesthetic mods too. I just do all the small things that make a huge visual difference. I'm selling it for more than I bought it for anyway ;)

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Lol. What a scam..

International Shipping At least 7-10 business days $55.00

Total:

Please choose the payment method you want to use to pay the amount of $154.95

JBR it is. Thanks boys.

loki
05-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Lol. What a scam..

International Shipping At least 7-10 business days $55.00

Total:

Please choose the payment method you want to use to pay the amount of $154.95

JBR it is. Thanks boys.

If we lived in the US we wouldn't have this problem, except we'd be living in the US

*sigh*

It's always a good deal until you click check out or it shows up at your door and you get hit with tons of fees...

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 04:18 PM
It's usually not so much. JBR charges $15.

It's kind of weird I've never been hit with duties although I hear it mentioned so much.

Mr Wilson
05-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I do! I have hand-cream ready at the door when the UPS guy comes.

Fobio
05-07-2012, 04:22 PM
$ is secondary when you're trying to atch up the Durometer of the bushing. The idea is to properly prioritize why you choose a mod vs. personal predicament: if you have to thinktwice about BUYING anything, then don't buy it. If you can afford to, you won't have to think twice.

A central idea to the Mod Path: don't mod due to sales...it'll screw you eventually. These guys, myself included, aren't made of money: we just budget daily so when a mod comes, we don't have top ask A or B..we buy A, B and C, if it makes sense.

Agreed with fast_dud. No question install is a billion times easier with the PMM, but get both it really is worth it. You'll put a lot of strain on a single remaining stock mount after upgrading two.

Had the PMM in for a couple days before putting in the DMM and the vibes got better with all three in. Get the JBR PMM and TRZ DMM and it isn't that expensive.

+1

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 04:51 PM
I agree with you but we aren't talking about plastic lego pieces vs. JBR mounts. We're talking one well reviewed part vs another well reviewed part that's half the price (or so I thought initially). I am not a race car driver and I don't plan on racing my car daily/weekly/monthly whatever. I just want to improve my driving experience and both mounts will do that for me. I wasn't really ever thinking twice about anything as I'd already done my research I was just asking to see if anyone here would have more input and they did.

Also, in regards to doing both mounts at once - yes that may be easier install wise but I am ok waiting a month and putting more effort in to install later, while having a better driving experience for that month. I can also quite certainly say that my PMM won't give out within a month or two of installing my TMM and if it does and I get really unlucky I'll replace it then and there. My question was basically - if you had to do one right now and the other shortly after, which one would make a more significant difference so I could do that one first.

loki
05-07-2012, 04:56 PM
installing both at the same time vs one at a time makes no difference since it doesn't make either one easier by doing it at the same time

Addison
05-07-2012, 05:58 PM
If we lived in the US we wouldn't have this problem, except we'd be living in the US

:chuckle Too true.

cSPEED
05-07-2012, 06:50 PM
installing both at the same time vs one at a time makes no difference since it doesn't make either one easier by doing it at the same time

Oh. I was under the impression I'd need to support the engine for both the side mounts. I haven't looked into installation yet to be honest but good to know.