PDA

View Full Version : Mobil 1 Time-Attack series comes to Mosport DDT May 26-27

Dave B
05-14-2012, 08:28 AM
The CASC sanctioned Mobil 1 Ontario Time-Attack Series sponsored by Toyo Tires is coming to the Driver Development Track (DDT) at CTMP on May 26-27.

This will be the first full weekend of Time-Attack competition this year and this is the last week to register at the discount price. Walk-ins are still welcome but the price goes up

Time-Attack events are now run with lapping all morning divided into 3 run groups; cars in classes GT1 and above, cars in GT2 and below, and a novice group where certified instructors are in the cars at all times. Timed competition runs are in the afternoon with the overall winner decided on PAX scores.

This series is designed for basically any car that wants to run meaning we have a class for anyone with the only restrictions being nitrous oxide or a vehicle height over 63". (Please note we do require roll over protection for convertibles for the safety of our competitors and instructors; see the rule book for more details). You get track time all morning with instruction available and get to fine tune what you learned in competition in the afternoon.

BTW check out http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25161 to get some comments about our recent school.

The organizing club (Oshawa Motorsport Club, OMSC) is willing to offer a weekend membership to those who do not belong to a CASC affiliated club and a $10 one weekend only CASC class C licence is available.

For more information see www.time-attack.ca

Come and use some of the Zoom-Zoom your cars came with.

standsideways
05-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Cant wait Dave!

See ya then!

Dave B
05-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Only a few more days to register at the discount prices.

The Mobil 1 Time-Attack series offers free instruction to novices and close competition in all classes with more competitive clear track runs. This way you can really see if you learned anything in the morning sessions and you will only have similar performance vehicles in your class i.e the guy who spends the most money is no where near the guy guaranteed to win.

Our aim is to find the best driver, not the best car.

Dave B
05-17-2012, 12:23 PM
We are blessed in Ontario with a good selection of road race circuits, better than just about any US state. We are also cursed with crazy slow highway speed limits and draconian fines for being caught at 50 km over. So what is a performance car owner to do if he/she wants to explore the upper limits of what they and their car can do?

You can always go to someone's lapping day and hope the other driver's know what they are doing or...... you can join the Mobil 1 Ontario Time-Attack championship where you get good instruction in a safe environment and then get to try out what you learned against similar performance vehicles.

Pre event discounts are ending soon for May 26-27.

Maybe you would prefer to run at the other tracks we visit. For more info check out www.time-attack.ca

VectorForFood
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
I'd love to take part, long drive from New Brunswick, is there another event this summer?

Is a license from my region sufficient?

standsideways
05-22-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd love to take part, long drive from New Brunswick, is there another event this summer?

Is a license from my region sufficient?

There is 10 events this year
:)

You hold a CASC-NB license?

VectorForFood
05-22-2012, 10:28 PM
There is 10 events this year
:)

You hold a CASC-NB license?
Governing body here is called ARMS, and yes Lapping/Solosport

standsideways
05-23-2012, 02:47 AM
you should be good to go then.

check the casc forums out. ask over there.

VectorForFood
05-23-2012, 11:28 AM
you should be good to go then.

check the casc forums out. ask over there.

Thanks

Dave B
05-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks

I believe your licence is interchangable with the Ontario region Class C licence. When would you be coming to Upper Canada?

BTW for the rest of you, the Oshawa Motorsport Club (OMSC) is offering free weekend membership to those who want to compete (it is a requirement to belong to a CASC member club) and a temporary 1 weekend only Class C licence is available for only $10.

Did I mention that certified instructors are available at no extra cost?

VectorForFood
05-24-2012, 10:34 AM
I believe your licence is interchangable with the Ontario region Class C licence. When would you be coming to Upper Canada?

BTW for the rest of you, the Oshawa Motorsport Club (OMSC) is offering free weekend membership to those who want to compete (it is a requirement to belong to a CASC member club) and a temporary 1 weekend only Class C licence is available for only $10.

Did I mention that certified instructors are available at no extra cost?

I'd be coming whenever there's a weekend i can plan for!

Looking to do some solosport and/or lapping days.

Dave B
05-24-2012, 08:50 PM
I'd be coming whenever there's a weekend i can plan for!

Looking to do some solosport and/or lapping days.

You can check out the schedule at www.time-attack.ca

Rules are there as well.