PDA

View Full Version : Mobil 1 Time-Attack at CTMP Grand Prix track

Dave B
07-13-2012, 01:08 PM
The Mobil 1 Time-Attack 1 day school at the former Mosport grand prix track is coming up on July 28 followed by event 6 of the series the next day.

This is a great way to get on the fastest track in North America with some qualified instuctors. As a special promotion the organizers are offereing discounts for groups of 3 as well as a special lappers rate if you already have a lot of experience on this particular track. Please note that unlike the May DDT school, this school does not have skid pad time on the agenda.

Check out the flyer at http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25704

If you feel comfortable to move on to competition, come and join us the next day for event 6 of the series. You will not find a more thrilling track in Ontario. This is where you really do need 5 th gear.

For more info check out www.time-attack.ca

Lloyd
07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
This is a good program.

Mosport is a very fun, rewarding track. But it definitely is something you want instruction for - it is a high consequences track and you want to work up to it carefully.

Fubawu
07-24-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm signed up for this! Looking forward to it!!

standsideways
07-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Got to parade lap MIR yesterday.

quite the daunting place, videos and watching from the side does the track absolutely no justice at all.

sjd
07-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Got to parade lap MIR yesterday.

quite the daunting place, videos and watching from the side does the track absolutely no justice at all.

Agreed, however I'd done parade laps before and ride alongs in a couple of Canadian Touring cars but nothing prepares you for the first time you drive into turn two. I went into the event with an open mind and forgot about any other track I've driven on. I was at an event instructed by the Porsche club and my instructors were great, they had me focus on the line first before bringing my speed up. I kept improving throughout the day and 200 km/h down the back straight is pretty awesome.

Dave B
08-01-2012, 07:10 AM
For those of you who did attend the school and event, you know how well it went.

For those of you who DIDN'T come, check out http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25818

I especially like the comment about gaining 5 seconds in lap time for the cost of the school as being the cheapest mod out there. You can't beat good instruction.

MajesticBlueNTO
08-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Aaron, you might want to post these on the TorontoMazda3 forum. OTOH maybe it seems boring as there aren't as many turns as the DDT with 2 kinks.:rolleyes (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showpost.php?p=208061&postcount=17)

:pofl hardy har har

some ambassador there...still taking shots at other events outside of CASC OTA?

Fubawu
08-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Majectic, why do you say I don't see it as a shot at other events more just fun ribbing. We run DDT
all the time and for many it is their favorite spot. Though nothing makes your eyes big and heart in the throat
like the GP track. Camera footage only does it half justice.

n00bMeiSter
08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Here's the vids we took.

I tried to catch the tail end of the group but didn't get into the pits quickly enough, so I turned it into a nice solo warm up lap :), then pitted to rejoin the group.
I wonder how much better I could have done if I had been able to join the race school on Saturday.

Alligator Laps (me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxzzerb7T9c

standsideways' Time Attack (2nd Session):
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJPBM_QG5o8
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCL51jMthjs

standsideways
08-02-2012, 01:50 PM

Get over yourself man.

We all know how much you like the DDT okay.

MajesticBlueNTO
08-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Get over yourself man.

i love Mosport GP even more... It's why I bought the track on iRacing...to quasi-quench the thirst to get out to Mosport GP.

I would've gone to the CASC OTA at Mosport GP on Sunday...it's the cheapest event at Mosport GP; however, due to other family commitments during the weekends this summer, the CASC schedule for Mosport GP doesn't coincide with weekends that I am available.

standsideways
08-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Sept 1-2 same thing mir

MajesticBlueNTO
08-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Majectic, why do you say I don't see it as a shot at other events more just fun ribbing. We run DDT
all the time and for many it is their favorite spot. Though nothing makes your eyes big and heart in the throat
like the GP track. Camera footage only does it half justice.

As for me seeing it as a shot at other events...what other series runs DDT 2 kinks? CASC hasn't run that in a couple years.

It may be ribbing but it does no good to the motorsports community to make a snide remark about another complimentary series.

James/ITR and James/RX7 compete in CASC OTA, Sigma, CSCS and I've never seen them make a veiled comment about which series people choose to run.

Fobio
08-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Get over yourself man.

Aaron. It is unfortunate that your pure fun of enjoying the car on a track is being tainted by the manipulative agenda of those who promote CASC. Furthermore, despite your good natured participation in CASC, it appears your efforts are being redirected as propaganda rather than positive encouragement for others to run.

Whether it's good natured ribbing or straight-up passive aggressive posting, posts like the ones Dave insist on being "advertising", are only allowed on TM3 by the good graces of the owner of TM3. The very fact that they promote a series that charges $$$ without being an official sponsor can not be overlooked. The last thing the club needs is a member like yourself, drinking the koolaid and furthering the minor aggravation from the constant post and advertising by CASC's reps.

Remember, no other series advertises on TM3. None are allowed to advertise for free. And if the CASC folks cherish this opportunity for ZERO cost advertising, it would be best that they respect the membership of TM3 as a whole, rather than using your good natured participation as cannon fodder and lightning rod for the displeasure of members...and other PAYING SPONSORS on TM3 who are here for the benefit of TM3, rather than just garnering participation is a series that is trying so hard to figure out its own identity in the changing landscape of amateur motorsports in Ontario.

Malereka
08-02-2012, 05:07 PM
James/ITR and James/RX7 compete in CASC OTA, Sigma, CSCS and I've never seen them make a veiled comment about which series people choose to run.

Once I sell my mustang, my next track car will hopefully be at a calibre to compete against the James's. That way, I too can run any series without having a reason to complain. Once you start going that fast, lapping/tracking is fun any way you can get it.

On topic, TM3 member Fubawu did an outstanding job winning his class over a Cobalt SS at MIR. The time difference was in the thousanths. 101.853 at MIR is a pretty good time, the best MS3 effort I've seen on the changing landscape of amateur motorsports in Ontario.

Fubawu
08-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks, I was really happy with the win. I have to be honest I only have a few days at Mosport GP so towards the end of the day my times were coming down with each lap.
Turn 2 and 4 really make the eyes big.

As for other series, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with other series. I have run other series (Won CSCS Street AWD 2008) and I have yet to see anything as well orgainized as OTA but again who cares if you want to run Sigma, CSCS, OTA or basic lapping days it's all good just keep it at the track!!

Fobio
08-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Once I sell my mustang, my next track car will hopefully be at a calibre to compete against the James's. That way, I too can run any series without having a reason to complain. Once you start going that fast, lapping/tracking is fun any way you can get it.

On topic, TM3 member Fubawu did an outstanding job winning his class over a Cobalt SS at MIR. The time difference was in the thousanths. 101.853 at MIR is a pretty good time, the best MS3 effort I've seen on the changing landscape of amateur motorsports in Ontario.

Ujjwal! The confusion...is all my fault...lol... That is an amazing time for Fubawu. Congrats!

Personally...I'm more interested to help someone like Aaron go fast. Fubawu can more than hold his own... =)

Thanks, I was really happy with the win. I have to be honest I only have a few days at Mosport GP so towards the end of the day my times were coming down with each lap.
Turn 2 and 4 really make the eyes big.

As for other series, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with other series. I have run other series (Won CSCS Street AWD 2008) and I have yet to see anything as well orgainized as OTA but again who cares if you want to run Sigma, CSCS, OTA or basic lapping days it's all good just keep it at the track!!

Congrats on the winning time! My buddy Dave said he met you and that you're a cool guy. Someone like yourself, who have ran different series and can keep the chatter objective is what CASC needs as an ambassador.

To a certain extent, a lot of guys respond a lot better to a friendly challenge to go fast and have fun together. I miss my car and can't wait to put tires to good use rather than spending my efforts marshalling this tracking section and just helping OTHERS go fast.

EDIT: to you both and fubawu specifically...I've been running into a lot of NSX's lately, and then I hear about and see fubawu's new toy...wow. I was actually thinking that it might be the perfect car to compete in CASC! lol

Fubawu
08-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Ujjwal I did not know you were on this form, What Ujjwal did not tell you is how he crushed the field again!! Every time I finish a session I think that was quick then I look over at Ujjwals time and he beats me by more then a second! :) This makes it fun and it is important to have this type of classification in each series.

Fobio if you can pick up a NSX do it, everything about the car makes me smile! I can't wait to get to work on it. For the most part I will only be using parts that I sell. It will act as a demo car and makes one hell of a tax break!
Cheer
John

Dave B
08-03-2012, 12:49 PM
[/url]

Wow, I don't remember posting my comment here or any other place outside of a CASC forum !!

Is this becoming the Sigma forum ??

Frankly my comment also referred to the fact that Aaron's video doesn't do justice to what is involved to drive MIR. In car video that shows hand movement might be more informative.

BTW for those of you interested, a number of members on this forum did very well. Here is a link to the results. [url]http://www.casc.on.ca/timeattack_results (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showpost.php?p=208061&postcount=17)

Fobio
08-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Actually, DaveB...this is TM3's Tracking and Handling section, a public forum hosted on the Internet. Just like CASC is...

Here's a funny video of what the Internet is not, by someone named Ted Stevens, you know that famously disgraced, snide silver fox of a Republican Senator from Alaska.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MArU35CklWo

Lloyd
08-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Ted Stevens always calls as it is.

But he might have turned a few too many laps around 2K ;)

lazor86
08-28-2012, 02:32 PM
I heard this from a buddy of mine.......They're having a 20 minute alligator lapping session at noon (follow the leader). No passing allowed, no helmets required and no charge! If anyone is interested, have fun! I'm gonna try to make it out.

By the way, this is at the Mosport GP track.

Edit: On Sunday!

n00bMeiSter
08-28-2012, 02:38 PM
I heard this from a buddy of mine.......They're having a 20 minute alligator lapping session at noon (follow the leader). No passing allowed, no helmets required and no charge! If anyone is interested, have fun! I'm gonna try to make it out.

By the way, this is at the Mosport GP track.

Yup, I was told they will be offering this on Saturday and Sunday.

lazor86
08-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Yup, I was told they will be offering this on Saturday and Sunday.

Both days? Nice. I heard Sunday. That's even better.

Fubawu
08-29-2012, 12:47 PM
ya it is Saturday and Sunday. I will be there competing on Saturday. Wallet will not allow me to do all three Mosport days!!
John

Fubawu
08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
if anyone wants a ride around let me know, I will be practicing all morning on Saturday. Look for the white MS3 2010 with rx7 rims ;)

n00bMeiSter
08-30-2012, 10:51 PM
ya it is Saturday and Sunday.

You do mean the alligator lapping right?

Fubawu
08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
From what I head the alligator lapping is both days.....though Satuday is the busier of the two days
John

Malereka
08-31-2012, 08:17 PM
From what I head the alligator lapping is both days.....though Satuday is the busier of the two days
John

Alligator lapping only on Sunday. 180 for lapping either morning. Steal!

Lloyd
09-05-2012, 12:10 PM
So is it "just" a new turbo John?

Dave B
09-06-2012, 12:21 AM
The results are at http://www.casc.on.ca/timeattack_results

Yes it is that "Lloyd" who won on Sat and placed so well on Sunday. Congrats buddy.

Fubawu
09-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Lloyd dominated Mosport last weekend!!

standsideways
09-09-2012, 05:47 PM
nice results guys.

i didnt make it out because my tires are more than done for the year, and ide rather get the car REALLY prepared for next year.

hope you guys had fun :)