PDA

View Full Version : Cp-e or autotech fuel pump markings

Odin
09-03-2012, 02:40 PM
I bought my speed3 pre-owned a few months ago and after installing the Cobb SRI I've been monitoring my fuel pressure. It's been holding strong at ~1700psi at WOT so I was wondering if there was anyway to tell from the outside if the previous owner installed a cp-e HPFP or Autotech internals? I'm running safe-mode OTS tune until I can determine if my fuel pump needs to be replaced.

Mr Wilson
09-03-2012, 02:50 PM
CP-e pumps normally have a sticker visible on them. Internals you pretty much need to take the pump apart to check.

The stock pump can hold pressure, it just is somewhat of a ticking time bomb as it will go.

SKYMP3
09-03-2012, 04:03 PM
IMO, I doubt the car has upgraded fuel pump seeing that you install the SRI after you bought it and the car is stock when you bought it.
HPFP is not cheap to upgrade, so I would find it weird if the previous owner did upgraded it but has no other mods on it.

loki
09-03-2012, 04:53 PM
My cpe pump hits up to 2000 psi

Booostin
09-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Your pump is stock for sure.

swales
09-03-2012, 08:02 PM
IMO, I doubt the car has upgraded fuel pump seeing that you install the SRI after you bought it and the car is stock when you bought it.
HPFP is not cheap to upgrade, so I would find it weird if the previous owner did upgraded it but has no other mods on it.

I traded my Speed 3 in with the CP-e pump still installed but all other mods taken off.

MPS
09-03-2012, 08:51 PM
You sir are a fool for doing that

swales
09-04-2012, 08:01 AM
You sir are a fool for doing that

and you're an a**hole, what's your point? ;)

I didn't have a stock FP to replace it with and no one wanted to trade + cash so it went with the car, no big deal for me.

loki
09-04-2012, 09:58 AM
and you're an a**hole, what's your point? ;)

I didn't have a stock FP to replace it with and no one wanted to trade + cash so it went with the car, no big deal for me.

Clearly didn't have friends with speeds to make the swap

Oh well

Who cares....

Odin
09-04-2012, 10:38 AM
CP-e pumps normally have a sticker visible on them. Internals you pretty much need to take the pump apart to check.

The stock pump can hold pressure, it just is somewhat of a ticking time bomb as it will go.

Just checked and NO sticker! Looks like I'm stock. Thanks.

mikey32235
09-12-2012, 03:47 PM
lol i would of traded my stock one for ur cpe one plus cash! oh well :P