PDA

View Full Version : TIP...can you get at it from under the car?

punkwrock
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
I installed it a month ago, but could not get the clamp as tight as i would of liked to(the one at the bottom of the TIP) because it was too cramped. Bringing the car for an oil change tomorrow and wondering if i could easily access it on the lift.

Turok
09-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't think you can, when I was under my car for hours working on my OCC hoses.. I had time to look around under the engine and I don't recall seeing the TIP from under the car, although I could be wrong though.

I've always accessed mine from the top. If you need a ratchet with an extension to tight it down let me know.

punkwrock
09-10-2012, 10:48 PM
thanks! But i don't think i'm gona drive 19hrs from moncton to get a wrench :P thanks for the help! :)

Fobio
09-10-2012, 10:53 PM
you can certainly see it from the bottom. access is another matter. if you tightened the clamp from the top, it's not like you can now loosen it from the bottom anyway...

did you remove the battery when you installed it?

TheMAN
09-10-2012, 11:02 PM
use a nut driver with extensions or a ratchet and socket?

Fobio
09-10-2012, 11:05 PM
use a nut driver with extensions or a ratchet and socket?

I'm pretty sure he's not referring to just the clamp...he's likely referring to how deep/shallow he has the silicone coupler seated on the turbo.

punkwrock
09-10-2012, 11:14 PM
well that TIP seated as far as it could go. It's just the instructions said to put the clamp really tight. I had everything out...Battery and all but still did not have the proper tools for a proper reach. So i dit it with a wrench as much as i could. But i know it could be tighter. You know...one of those stupid little things that is at the back of your mind when you're driving.....lol

Fobio
09-10-2012, 11:16 PM
well that TIP seated as far as it could go. It's just the instructions said to put the clamp really tight. I had everything out...Battery and all but still did not have the proper tools for a proper reach. So i dit it with a wrench as much as i could. But i know it could be tighter. You know...one of those stupid little things that is at the back of your mind when you're driving.....lol

Then take Edwin's advise and use an 18" extension and a ratchet.

punkwrock
09-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah...i'll see what i can do at the dealer tomorrow. They might be able to get at er' quick. Thanks for the help guys.