PDA

View Full Version : COBB PUREBOOST V2.31 maps!

punkwrock
10-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Beware as of right now that the Corksport Stage 1 CS+TIP@91 is actually a stage 2 CS+TIP+IC+HPFP map! I downloaded this and noticed the details on the accessport before flashing the map. Could of been bad. I hope this fix this soon...i want my map! Just figured i would advise the people.

punkwrock
10-03-2012, 10:55 PM
After review the details of the map in ATR it appears to be a stage 1 map....they must of made a mistake in the details.

rzapata
10-03-2012, 10:59 PM
To make sure, open it up on ATR and check the targets. :)

punkwrock
10-04-2012, 09:10 AM
To make sure, open it up on ATR and check the targets. :)

Yeah that's what i did. They just made a mistake in the map details, but the targets are from a stage 1. Kinda happy with the 11.4 afr target they have on it! And i will take the .5 psi of boost no prob! :)

pwdunmore
10-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Just loaded my K&N SRI Map, no issues. Cool Update :) Can't wait to get the other parts for stage 1 :D Gonna do my MAF cal again to see if I can get it at 0%. Gonna drive for a couple of days first though.

SomeGuy
10-04-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm curious now...wish I could get home and open up the maps to see what they changed. Anyone want to give the detailed run down? Seems they've actually lowered boost targets on the stage 2 maps based on the pdf.

SomeGuy
10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Interesting...so basically they took all load compensation on the wastegate dynamics out (0% at all loads), bumped the max loads up to 3.0 and are stricktly controlling wastegate on boost. It also looks like they lowered boost targets slightly (1psi or so) on most of the stage 2 stuff and the wastegate duty cycle table has changed quite a bit too. Finally they've also set AFR's a fair bit higher (11.6 on the map I'm checking out instead of 11.0ish like it was before).

So long story short, nothing ground breaking...a lot of people have done these sorta things in their own tunes already. It's not as though they made a change to ECU logic or exposed some new tables or anything.

loki
10-06-2012, 09:56 AM
I figured they would finally neutralize the load tables making it purely boost based....

full boost is now set to come o at 2500...

they've finally adjusted the LTFT learning breakpoints. Wonder if they finally decided that these make a difference. I been asking about this forever.

there's quite a bit of changes to these newer maps. Interested to see how they perform OTS before I start to play around with them.

SomeGuy
10-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah, they look interesting...will give them a try sometime soon. Although in some ways the load tuning does make a bit of sense, seeing as how it does do a better job at accounting for changes in weather and such.

loki
10-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah, they look interesting...will give them a try sometime soon. Although in some ways the load tuning does make a bit of sense, seeing as how it does do a better job at accounting for changes in weather and such.

If you can nail down and load/boost based hybrid tune then for sure that is the best since you're accounting for a lot more factors.

However, I suspect that the vast majority of people who will just run an OTS map were having difficulties hitting targets so they reduced the variables that would have an impact on boost.

SomeGuy
10-06-2012, 11:07 AM
If you can nail down and load/boost based hybrid tune then for sure that is the best since you're accounting for a lot more factors.

However, I suspect that the vast majority of people who will just run an OTS map were having difficulties hitting targets so they reduced the variables that would have an impact on boost.

Yup, I was one of those OTS people who was having trouble hitting targets (as I'm sure you read in the other threads)....but I eventually figured it out and got the car where I wanted (more less, there's still some room to make more powarrrrr). Once you understand what the loads mean though, it's not all about hitting xx boost target...just use enough boost to hit your load targets :)

punkwrock
10-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Just wondering how some of you dudes are making out with the 231 maps. I took mine off and went back to 210. The 231 made me knock everytime i went through first and 2nd gear. i would knock up to .5 or .7 almost everytime at part throttle going through the gears. It was fine a few days ago when i did a few logs and some 3rd and 4th gear pulls. But then the cold weather hit(6degrees) and it starting running worse.

Fack_Dude
10-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Just wondering how some of you dudes are making out with the 231 maps. I took mine off and went back to 210. The 231 made me knock everytime i went through first and 2nd gear. i would knock up to .5 or .7 almost everytime at part throttle going through the gears. It was fine a few days ago when i did a few logs and some 3rd and 4th gear pulls. But then the cold weather hit(6degrees) and it starting running worse.

You ****ed up your motor bro. Sell the car and move on...

punkwrock
10-12-2012, 09:20 PM
You ****ed up your motor bro. Sell the car and move on...

****ed up motor with a 0.7kr? Never heard of that one before.

S.F.W.
10-12-2012, 09:35 PM
****ed up motor with a 0.7kr? Never heard of that one before.
he's F'n with you

punkwrock
10-12-2012, 09:39 PM
he's F'n with you

Don't worry...i know :P I was just wondering if anyone else has had abit more knock.

SomeGuy
10-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Haven't tried yet...but what mods and what specific map?

punkwrock
10-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Haven't tried yet...but what mods and what specific map?

CorkSport SRI+TIP Stage 1 @91

SomeGuy
10-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Post a log too? Hard to say why you'd get more knock but these maps are a bit more aggressive.

rzapata
10-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Don't worry...i know :P I was just wondering if anyone else has had abit more knock.

If you read stuff on MSF, most people ignore less than 1.0 KR at part throttle. I get knock the same as you do. It's the WOT knock that you need to look out for.

Oh, and let's look at them logs as well.

punkwrock
10-13-2012, 07:56 AM
If you read stuff on MSF, most people ignore less than 1.0 KR at part throttle. I get knock the same as you do. It's the WOT knock that you need to look out for.

How do i input a log on this forum? I heard it was only after 50 posts...if that is true this is my 50th :P

punkwrock
10-13-2012, 08:00 AM

And i know under a 1 KR is usually not anything to worry about. But the KR does happen quite abit more. Once i figure out how to post a log i will put one up.