PDA

View Full Version : COBB DP to work with GT2871R?

MS308-john-a
11-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Hey guys, looking to purchase the steedspeed manifold and ATP GT2871R turbocharger upgrade.

Just wanna find out if the COBB downpipe bolts on or do I modify it?

I cant seem to find a picture of the downpipe side of the turbo to even see if it appears the same as the stock turbo.

Thanks in advance!

DamagedGoods
11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
The ATP turbos are bolt on, it should be compatible with any other parts that worked with your K04.

mikey32235
11-11-2012, 11:18 PM
direct bolt on my friend!

MS308-john-a
11-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Perfect!

just wasn't sure because I know the intake I have wont work nor the turbo inlet pipe if im correct because its a 3"

mikey32235
11-11-2012, 11:23 PM
double check on the turbo inlet pipe its a 3 or 4'.. ask fack_dude or Mspeed they will tell u. make sure u do all the essential upgrades before u install the turbo!

MS308-john-a
11-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it!
I hope you dont REQUIRE internals for the set up. I will get to them next summer but I wanted the turbo and manifold first

abstrakt
11-11-2012, 11:41 PM
your deffinatly going to need either internals or the fuel pump itself... if you wanna go BT that is...if you dont upgrade the pump or the internals you will go BIG BOOM..

EDIT: i may have read post wrong but if your talkking about engine internals then i t would probably be a good choice to beef them up but as far as what power the internals can withstand with the BT that would be a question for mspeed seeing as they have worked with BT setups

MS308-john-a
11-11-2012, 11:44 PM
I have autotech internals. and my HPFP pressure is always right where it should be.

MS308-john-a
11-11-2012, 11:45 PM
But are internals enough is the real question? Its a daily driven car too so I need it as reliable as possible!

DamagedGoods
11-11-2012, 11:59 PM
It's all in the tune, you can run BT with a stock engine, and have excellent reliability if you're tuned correctly. Don't just slap it all on and then cheap out on the tune.

Contact Mspeed or a recognized speed tuner when you're have it ready.

mikey32235
11-12-2012, 08:36 AM
you will need a few other things, injector seals, dense ivt-22 plugs, cobb ap tune, proper lines, fmic or tmi, occ, follow the mod path or bt turbo set up page..

AP
- HPFP
- turbo
- depending on turbo - manifold/EWG
- new mounting hardware
- oil lines
- intake + turbo inlet pipe - Depending on turbo, you may need a big 'un
- upgraded BPV
- upgraded intercooler
- downpipe - one piece or two
- injector seals
- one step colder plugs
- maintenance while the car is apart
- might as well get EGR delete (or unplug) + new gaskets (JBR)
- electronic boost controller
- TUNE TUNE TUNE

Other stuff
- mounts
- Overboost protection
- OCC

MS308-john-a
11-12-2012, 09:50 AM
you will need a few other things, injector seals, dense ivt-22 plugs, cobb ap tune, proper lines, fmic or tmi, occ, follow the mod path or bt turbo set up page..

AP
- HPFP
- turbo
- depending on turbo - manifold/EWG
- new mounting hardware
- oil lines
- intake + turbo inlet pipe - Depending on turbo, you may need a big 'un
- upgraded BPV
- upgraded intercooler
- downpipe - one piece or two
- injector seals
- one step colder plugs
- maintenance while the car is apart
- might as well get EGR delete (or unplug) + new gaskets (JBR)
- electronic boost controller
- TUNE TUNE TUNE

Other stuff
- mounts
- Overboost protection
- OCC

Got everything installed except oil lines and a catch can, I have a catch can but the hoses it came with are smaller then whats on the car so I either need fittings and a larger hose or one thats will fit directly. But the above info is very helpful, gives me a sort of check list before I screw something up.

Here is an obvious question but I like to double check... When you say oil lines, its just upgraded oil feed and return right?

mikey32235
11-12-2012, 10:33 AM
yea !

Fack_Dude
11-13-2012, 02:05 AM
It's time for me to buy an STI.

MS308-john-a
11-13-2012, 02:10 AM
It's time for me to buy an STI.

Im not even gonna ask lol

CelestSpeed3
11-13-2012, 05:05 PM
The oil return is included in the ATP kit.

You may want to run a new oil feed line with a restrictor in place.