PDA

View Full Version : General Questions about Toronto Mazda3

Xenon
04-21-2004, 04:36 PM
I was just wondering:

How big is Toronto Mazda 3? (Member count)
Do you have any car stickers or anything like that to advertise?
How often do you meet? and Where?

And... open to all members:

Where do you live? What area?

sw0rdfish
04-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Mississauga [ Erin Mills ]

Xenon
04-21-2004, 04:38 PM
I live in Oakville, right near the huge Ford Plant off of Ford Drive south of the QEW. This summer I\'m working at the Toronto Zoo in Scarborough. I\'m in and around Toronto and Mississauga a lot.

I\'m almost always on MSN Messenger (xenon_lawrence@hotmail.com) and I\'m on Yahoo! Messenger too (mazda3_4me). Feel free to add me to your lists.

miggiddy
04-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Mississauga - Erinmills

Xenon
04-21-2004, 04:42 PM
My dealership is Erin Mills Mazda! haha... Have you two (miggidy and swordfish) taken delivery on your 3\'s yet? What model/options did you choose? How long did you have to wait? Which salesperson did you work with?

miggiddy
04-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Ontario Mazda (401/Dixie) - Ian (sales person)
Mica Black Sedan GT
no GFX
Bug deflector

I picked up the car on April 8. It actually only took about 2 - 2.5 weeks to get the car at the dealership. But I had to wait an extra couple of weeks so I could get better financing outside of Mazda.

miggiddy
04-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Where are you located?
I think I was the 15th person to join.
Hopefully we can get a westside meet one of these days.

Xenon
04-21-2004, 04:53 PM
I\'m in Oakville.... according to the member list I was the 12th person to join. Is the member list in the forum the whole club? If so I\'m glad I\'m one of the beginners :P I think I\'m going to have a great time here.

In regards to a west side meet, I\'m definately IN!!!! just let me get my car first haha... I wish they didn\'t take so long :(

sw0rdfish
04-21-2004, 04:55 PM
I work near Ford Drive and Uppermiddle.... near the AMC there.

Xenon
04-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Wow, that\'s close! We\'re going to have some sick meets when the car club gets bigger.

sw0rdfish
04-21-2004, 05:02 PM
I got my car from Erin Mills mazda also...

Careful cuz the ganked me around. I\'ve had a few problems with them.

I don\'t think I had a total PDI donw on the car, they gave me this checklist and tons of stuff that was checked off wasn\'t done. [ coolant level was WAY low, wheel locks were missing, and I\'m pretty sure I haven\'t stopped finding them ]

I dealt with Christa, however she went on leave for personal reasons, and I was passed around to people who couldn\'t care less. All in all I wont be taking it there. I\'ve got a contact at Brampton Mazda, so I\'ll probably deal with them if I can.

I purchased the car on February 25th, and I took delivery about April 2nd after some troubles.

I got a Sedan GT w/ GFX package.

Xenon
04-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish
... I took delivery about April 2nd after some troubles.

What kind of troubles exactly? The mentioned Collant and Wheel locks? or other stuff?

TOmz3
04-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Whats going on guys... Looks like there is 17 members right now. I just signed on not too long ago and the forum has been up for only a month or so.. No one has organized a meet here yet... I\'m sure if we spread the word, and over time, more people will sign up and we can have a good turnout.

sw0rdfish
04-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

... I took delivery about April 2nd after some troubles.

What kind of troubles exactly? The mentioned Collant and Wheel locks? or other stuff?

Well when they first called, they told me the car had 80 Clicks on it... then they claimed it was normal. WELL, I flipped, especially being my first new car ever, I\'ve got the \"they\'re trying to screw me\" mentality. Nex thing you know, my dad and I are in there, screaming and yelling becuase they\'re complete morons and lying. I don\'t have a problem with a car having some Ks on it, but don\'t hide where they came from, or I get suspicious....

Fast forward a few days... WE go in and talk to the GM to get my money back, and go deal with somone else... then the GM tells me.. \"well the car only has 19 KMs on it... not 80... the sales guy was just guessing\".. so i\'ve been in hollering my fool head off, and it turns out that they never even thought to actally check the KMs.

So instead of waiting 3 more weeks, and risk my car I\'m trading in getting messed up or whatever, I decided to just take the car. They claimed to do a full PDI, but I really doubt it. I\'m going to have the car looked at and everything, but to be honest I wasnt\' impressed with the dealership.

bluntman
04-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Which dealership was it? Nevermind...

Check out this discussion

http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=624

sw0rdfish
04-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Which dealership was it?

Erin Mills Mazda... supposed to be one of the biggest and best. I think they\'re too big.. Lose touch with customers.

Xenon
04-21-2004, 08:22 PM
I just went to Erin Mills Tonight. My car is on the boat from Japan. Delivery in 6-8 weeks... although they haven\'t assigned me a VIN yet... they claim to be searching BC and Quebec to see if they can find the car faster...

miggiddy
04-21-2004, 11:02 PM
When I visited Erinmills Mazda I got a bad vibe. The first time was with my gf, and just by the way they talked to me I wasn\'t impressed at all. The second time with a buddy and they didn\'t even look our way, and it was not like they were packed but more like they just didn\'t want to sell a car. So I knew that when I was truly serious about buying a car I didn\'t even bother with them. I got a referral to Ontario Mazda and have been pretty happy (so far) with the service.

Altho at the dealership I overheard the way one of the salesmen talked to some customers and I would have walked out if I were them. I figure every dealership has their not so good salesmen, to put it politely. I have yet to see how their service dept. is, but have heard from a friend that they have been good, better than Brampton where my friend bought one of his cars and rarely services it there and goes to Ontario instead.

Hope things work out. Oh and apparently Erinmills and Ontario Mazda is owned by the same person/company, as well as some Honda dealership and I\'m sure something else.

Mig

sw0rdfish
04-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by miggiddy

Hope things work out. Oh and apparently Erinmills and Ontario Mazda is owned by the same person/company, as well as some Honda dealership and I\'m sure something else.

Mig

Which one is Ontario Mazda? I\'m leaning towards Brampton because one of my buddies is good friends with a dude that works there in the shop.

Xenon
04-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Well all the paperwork and stuff is done with Erin Mills. If I don\'t like them I\'ll get their 2 free services that they promised me and then move elsewhere. Oakville Mazda is close too. Brampton may be a little far in comparison, but if they do offer better customer service, then it will be worth it.

miggiddy
04-22-2004, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by miggiddy

Mig

Which one is Ontario Mazda? I\'m leaning towards Brampton because one of my buddies is good friends with a dude that works there in the shop.

Ontario Mazda is at the Dixie Auto Mall (Dixie/401)
I haven\'t brought the car in for service yet so really don\'t know what they\'re like via experience. If you got a connection at a dealership that\'s even better, well usually. My family had a friend who worked at a Ford dealer (mechanic) and did everything he could to change parts that were under warranty, the car has run extremely well, over 250K and still going.

bluntman
04-22-2004, 04:08 PM
Avante Mazda of Toronto is tops in my book, and I\'m not saying this to kiss up to Flipspeed either. :D

The Sales Manager (Eddie) went out on a limb for me and got me my 3 (all the options I wanted and in the first colour choice too) within a week. I don\'t want to know what he had to do to get this done for me. Dave, the Business Manager, went over every bit of the car when I picked it up...I think he could sense my excitement. And the Parts (Joe & Dave) and Service (Sussane & Vincent) people have been top notch. I\'ve some dealings with Avante Mazda of Richmond Hill and those guys are just as friendly too!

It\'s just too bad that in both dealerships they stick the Parts guys in a \"dungeon\" (no windows and in the back or downstairs).

sw0rdfish
04-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Avante Mazda of Toronto is tops in my book, and I\'m not saying this to kiss up to Flipspeed either. :D

The Sales Manager (Eddie) went out on a limb for me and got me my 3 (all the options I wanted and in the first colour choice too) within a week. I don\'t want to know what he had to do to get this done for me. Dave, the Business Manager, went over every bit of the car when I picked it up...I think he could sense my excitement. And the Parts (Joe & Dave) and Service (Sussane & Vincent) people have been top notch. I\'ve some dealings with Avante Mazda of Richmond Hill and those guys are just as friendly too!

It\'s just too bad that in both dealerships they stick the Parts guys in a \"dungeon\" (no windows and in the back or downstairs).
What is really too bad is that they\'re miles from me. Wouldn\'t make sense to drive it all the way out there. I\'ll have to keep tryinghere in the west end till one of the dealers stands out

Xenon
04-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Makes 2 of us :(