PDA

View Full Version : Great News!!!!!

Hypothrml
05-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey guys,

Got a call from the dealership yesterday, found out there was a black Mazda 3 GT that just came in for another customer. But the things is he\'s not picking it up because he\'s going on vacation. So, now I\'m picking it up on next week Monday, went from a six weeks wait to a one week, totally awsome news!

The only thing the dealership have to do is put on an aftermarket spoiler for me and I\'ll be set.

miggiddy
05-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Congrats and welcome. ya snooze ya lose
Altho I\'m surprised the dealership let his car go. My dealer held on to mine for 2.5 weeks before I picked it up.

Nex
05-04-2004, 10:10 AM
You got a black one?:( I tried ordering one, but the dealer said they won\'t ship anymore for this year!!! What options did you get with yours?

Hypothrml
05-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Sedan GT leather with GFX package the works, plus added on spoilerand wheel locks. No rust proofing, no extended warrenty total cost $28100.00

If you still want to order a black one you can probably take my orginal order that was suppose to come in mid June. So its a May production car, I know for a fact that two dealership have a black sedan in the May production. I ordered mine at Airport Mazda on Rexdale and Hwy. 27 and the other one is Prima Mazda Hwy. 7 and Martingrove in Woodbridge.

If you hurry, you can probably claim it for yourself, Good luck bro.

Nex
05-04-2004, 10:34 AM
LOL, I thought it was a black GT Sport. I guess dealers are way back ordered for those.
Thanks for the heads up though:)

sw0rdfish
05-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Nex

LOL, I thought it was a black GT Sport. I guess dealers are way back ordered for those.

None for the year?? That doesn\'t make any sense.

Xenon
05-04-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Hypothrml

If you still want to order a black one you can probably take my orginal order that was suppose to come in mid June.

Wouldn\'t that one go to the guy that just lost his car?

Nex
05-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

Originally posted by Nex

None for the year?? That doesn\'t make any sense.

Yup, that\'s what Markham Mazda told me. I don\'t know if it\'s their dealership or not though. So no more Black Mazda 3 Sport GT\'s with sunroof, AC, and auto until next year.

snipe
05-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Hey everyone,

I couldn\'t wait for my Titanium Grey as I found out it was gonna arrive late July, so I picked up the Sunset Orange one. I\'m picking it up saturday. Woohoo, I\'m so happy :)

bluntman
05-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by snipe

Hey everyone,

I couldn\'t wait for my Titanium Grey as I found out it was gonna arrive late July, so I picked up the Sunset Orange one. I\'m picking it up saturday. Woohoo, I\'m so happy :)

Good stuff, that\'s one less Titanium Grey off of the road! :D

sw0rdfish
05-05-2004, 09:31 PM
... it\'s actually one less ON the road... but I agree :D

besides the Orange one is pretty spiffy..

bluntman
05-05-2004, 09:38 PM
What I said, that\'s a double negative isn\'t it? :D

Ain\'t I speakin\' English good?

Xenon
05-06-2004, 05:33 PM
The Orange was a good choice. Personally, I like the Blue, orange and Red the best.

M Cube
05-06-2004, 06:31 PM
I have a Titanium Grey 3 Sport GT........
Have anyone of ya seen a red 3 Sport yet.......??
I wonder how it looks like......:D
I think the red looks pretty cool too......
My favourites are T/G, White and Sunset Orange.....

Xenon
05-06-2004, 06:34 PM
I test drove a red sport GT... Looks nice, I would have bought it, but 1) I like the blue better (plus it\'s unique to the sedan in Canada) and 2) my brother has a Red Lexus IS300 SportCross (I don\'t want 2 red hatches)

M Cube
05-06-2004, 06:38 PM
The colour that I see most is the
1. Titanium Grey
2. Blue
3. White

Xenon
05-06-2004, 07:19 PM
I\'ve seen like 2 Blue Mazda3s... Interesting.... Oh well... Mine wll be another on the road :D

andregt6
05-06-2004, 07:51 PM
The dealer told me white very unlikely and the orange might be a long wait.
But while checking out a dealership in Quebec I saw a white one in person, but not as a GT and it was an automatic.

As for the Orange Sport GT\'s a dealership in Ottawa has a few, but all with moon roofs. I\'d like that, but I dont want the extra coin on my monthly payments.

So we\'ll see.

Wife\'s # 1 pick Blue
My #1 Orange

Then Red or Silver in the Sport GT, 5speed with air.

A.

Xenon
05-06-2004, 08:24 PM
flip a coin to see who wins :p

sw0rdfish
05-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by andregt6

The dealer told me white very unlikely and the orange might be a long wait.
But while checking out a dealership in Quebec I saw a white one in person, but not as a GT and it was an automatic.

As for the Orange Sport GT\'s a dealership in Ottawa has a few, but all with moon roofs. I\'d like that, but I dont want the extra coin on my monthly payments.

So we\'ll see.

Wife\'s # 1 pick Blue
My #1 Orange

Then Red or Silver in the Sport GT, 5speed with air.

A.

Trust me, if you like the moon roof get it. When you divide it up over 4 or 5 years... you don\'t notice it. LAst thing you want is to get it home and go \"I should have got the sun roof\"

andregt6
05-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Ha, more like the first one to come in arrives. :)
I was going to test drive a 2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege in the morning, but reviewing the specs.
I dont think it has cruise control. Thats my reason I upgraded to the GT model.

A.

Originally posted by Xenon flip a coin to see who wins :p

andregt6
05-06-2004, 11:48 PM
You sound like the sales guy... Over 3 years its an extra $40 per month.

I think we\'ll pass, plus I dont think I would fit in there with a helmet on. Gotta solo II it at least a few times until my project car is done.

We\'ll see what happens. Taking it easy, enjoying this buying process. This one is much different then my first car.

A.

Originally posted by sw0rdfish Trust me, if you like the moon roof get it. When you divide it up over 4 or 5 years... you don\'t notice it. LAst thing you want is to get it home and go \"I should have got the sun roof\"

snipe
05-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I\'m thinking eventually I want to go Solo II as well, but not yet.

I just picked up my 3 this morning and it\'s so awesome. One thing though. When I test drove the car, the audio info LCD panel shows that shows you the volume and etc also displayed a bunch of other stuff to the right, like outside temperature and and climate control info, but when I picked up my car today, it doesn\'t show that. I looked all in the manual and can\'t find it. I got the GT w/GFX, shouldn\'t that have it or what is going on. Is it borken or only and extra feature you have to buy?

Also, I noticed that the climate control knobs are different in my car than what is shown on the mazda.ca website? Can anyone shed some light on this?

bluntman
05-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Mazda Canada used photos from other Mazda sites from around the world, so the auto climate controls that aren\'t available in NA are photos from the European/Australian/Asian markets. The same thing goes for the right side of the LCD, the vehicles equipped with automatic climate control use this part of the screen in order to display the ambient air temp and a few other things. For cost cutting measures Mazda decided to use the same screen and to simply disable the other features.

snipe
05-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Cool, so nothing is borken then.

So I\'m guessing the car I test drove was not meant for NA market then. Oh well, no bigge, I just thought I was suppsed to have that. Still all I really want is the 3 and I\'m happy with that. Thanks

Xenon
05-08-2004, 07:07 PM
The car you test drove MUST be for the NA market, or it wouldn\'t be able to be in North America due to our laws.

Note that the Audio display in the 3 is Multi-Function. Make sure you cycle through all the display info screens. Maybe your display is just turned off or something.