PDA

View Full Version : READ THIS BEFORE GOING TO THE DEALER!

MarkhamMazda3
05-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Just thought i would put my little review of Markham Mazda on here for everyone to see. I am in no way slandering them or saying they are a bad dealership, just sharing my experience with everyone else:

Here is a nice little breif summary of what i had to go through with them and my mazda 6 in just one year:

1) front doors started rattling after about 3 months, they tested it out using CHFI on the radio and told me that it sounds fine. NO S**T.

2) Went back again and i specified that they should use a cd or something that has decent base or base at all, i go to pick it up, what do i see on the work order? \"tested on FM radio station, works fine\"

3) about 2 months later, i go back same thing

4) go back again about a month after that after having my friend slide in some double sided tape in the part that rattles and get the service manager saying \"oh yeah i hear it. but you should have gotten it fixed here cause now it is not under warranty since you tampered with it\" Friggen Morons

5) Go there to get the mirror replaced since it is rattling, they dont have it in stock, they will order it

6) drop off my car a week later and they call me in the middle of the day telling me they orderd the wrong one

7) drop it off again 3 days later, they call me again, they orderd another wrong one

8) drop it off again, about a week later, the service manager was the one that ordered it this time and HE ordred the wrong one

9) drop it off 2 days later, the service manager finally got the right one, but he is not there and they cannot find it

10) drop it off again and finally get it fixed.

11) Take the Car in for recall on fuel tank

12) get a call saying that there is too much gas in the car and they canot do the recall

13) take it in 2 days later, get a call saying they dont have the part.

The list goes on and on. Lets just say that they will never touch my car again!

Please tell me what you think

M Cube
05-14-2004, 06:59 AM
I just got my 3 from Markham Mazda back in mid April, and when I picked up my car I asked them if they have the 2.3 emblem in stock........ the service guy said yes they are but we can only give you 1 instead of 2......?? I go WTF.........?? They\'re suppose to be one on each side of the car........it seems like they dont know much in there to give me enough confident to let them service my car.........
My car is not due for service yet, but when the time comes I will definitly take my car to some other dealer (like Avante) cuz I heard some good things about them);)

TM3
05-20-2004, 07:19 PM
I go on the Mazda6club forums a lot and I have read TONS and TONS of bad things about Markham Mazda and bad experiences.

I have a Mazda6, so I know that the 6\'s have a lot of problems and some dealers give you a crap time when trying to service something under warranty. However, I haven\'t come across a single positive testimony yet about Markham Mazda.

wtom
05-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TM3

I go on the Mazda6club forums a lot and I have read TONS and TONS of bad things about Markham Mazda and bad experiences.

I have a Mazda6, so I know that the 6\'s have a lot of problems and some dealers give you a crap time when trying to service something under warranty. However, I haven\'t come across a single positive testimony yet about Markham Mazda.

Hmm... is that service dept problems or the entire dealership as a whole?

sw0rdfish
05-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Add Erin Mills Mazda to the list. They just don\'t care about you as a customer... we should start a plus/minus list of each dealership... or a thread on each :P Help out potential buyers, as well as each other on where to go for service.

Xenon
05-21-2004, 06:37 PM
I am really starting to like the Erin Mills Mazda Service. They have been really kind to me, and have always looked after me. Their service department has a totally different attitude than the sales department.

I\'ve mostly been working with Ken in the service department. He\'s great. My brakes are starting to groove, as of right now, since the groove doesn\'t affect my performance, Mazda officially can\'t do anything, but Ken is going to write up a phoney report on my brakes and get my rotor and pad swapped out for me next week.

sw0rdfish
05-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

I am really starting to like the Erin Mills Mazda Service. They have been really kind to me, and have always looked after me. Their service department has a totally different attitude than the sales department.

I\'ve mostly been working with Ken in the service department. He\'s great. My brakes are starting to groove, as of right now, since the groove doesn\'t affect my performance, Mazda officially can\'t do anything, but Ken is going to write up a phoney report on my brakes and get my rotor and pad swapped out for me next week.

What did you tell him? I\'ve dealt with Ken as well, and he\'s not too bad a guy... That being said I don\'t want to give his bosses anymore of my money. If he\'s willing to do my breaks as well though, I\'ll take it back to him and then think about giving their service department a try...

Anyway, how did you get him to hook you up?

Xenon
05-24-2004, 05:14 PM
I basically acted over-concerned. I\'ve been getting hiom to check my car out every week. He noticed that the groove is getting worse, so he\'s going to talk to his manager and get them swapped out.

FLIPDADY
06-10-2004, 04:53 PM
It\'s always worth the trip to Toronto!!

Come by and talk to us we\'ll take care of you.;)

www.avantemazda.com

bluntman
06-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey how did you get a photo of my girlfriend?

FLIPDADY
06-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Hey how did you get a photo of my girlfriend?
Francine Dee!! USDM hotness!!:D

wtom
06-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Come by and talk to us we\'ll take care of you.;)

If the ppl there all are like the chick in your pic, I won\'t think twice before I leave my chair. :D

///M3
06-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

Add Erin Mills Mazda to the list. They just don\'t care about you as a customer... we should start a plus/minus list of each dealership... or a thread on each :P Help out potential buyers, as well as each other on where to go for service.

Last week I went for my 8000km service(including oil change) on my Mazda3 at Erin Mills Mazda. Everything started out fine, they took my car in fast(even without an appointment), the guy at the desk was not an ******* but then I went to look at the car while it was in the garage......the guy doing the maintainance was a complete write-off...I got a checklist of all the things he was suppose to check of which he did everthing but check the lights so I let it go but then he started to lube the locks and hinges on the car(which is on the list) and he gets one drop of oil on the bumper so I let it go(I figure it\'s only one drop) and when he finished he parked the car out side and left.....well my brother went to check the car while I was paying and when I came out he showed me a few things....the ****ing mechanic got oil all over my engine cover, the inside of my doors(while he was doingthe hinges), the steering wheel, the shifter and the wheels and I had the car washed the day before ..So I complained to the guy at the desk and he told one of the other guys to wash my car...the entire car was washed by hand and dried including the engine cover and the insides or the doors while the mechanic watched as he was working on another car.....good thing is my car is spottless and the wheels and tires shine like they did when I first got it but that took alomst an hour more out of my day

BTW......Something I learned a while ago--> always stay with your car ALWAYS...some places will say you can\'t but there\'s ways...Be persistant and sometime they will let you go into the garage but if they won\'t tell them to leave the garage door open so U can watch it from the end cause we spend a lot of money on our cars(some more than others) and these *******s treat them like shit and I\'ve seen them do shit to other ppl cars that would piss you off .....also go over the entire car(engine bay, inside, and outside) before you drive off cause U never know

Moderator\'s Edit (Xenon):
Post edited to remove profanity.

Xenon
06-15-2004, 06:36 PM
I asked for the 8000 km oil change at Erin Mills Mazda. They only changed the oil... I complained and they did the rest. But I did that when I was only at 4000 km.

When 8000 km rolls around, I\'ll be taking my car to Oakville Mazda, thank you very much. I already like the service dept. more there than at Erin Mills Mazda.

FLIPDADY
06-23-2004, 09:28 AM
See this type of thing is what gives dealers a bad rep. Just to let all you know not all dealers treat their customers like that. Whatever Mazda Canada recommends to do we do by the book.

SED
06-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi Everyone, let me tell you my story here... about the oil change... I had long discussions with M3F people around this topic before and I was pretty much surprised how I am the only one :sarc paying about 61cad(tax incl) for the oil change (8K maintenance). Have been at the dealer for 16K maintenance last wkd and I have been asked to pay same amount (detailed invoice - all set). Now, when I show them the brochure sent by Mazda Canada they argue I should have showed them that upfront. (being a special offer for some customers...?!?! wtf! On the brochure it says nothing about that, just the oil change price being 26.95 (36 all together tax included)). They told me to show that piece of ****... brochure each time I come for the maintenance... BTW, I am talking about Markham Mazda...

bluntman
06-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Markham Mazda is notorious for having their head up their @$$. They wanted to charge me $40 for a cargo net that\'s only $28.

FLIPDADY
06-23-2004, 05:32 PM
That\'s the price for the sedan cargo net. They\'ve got their parts all mixed up. The sport cargo net is $28.50. :sarc

Soulcrusher
06-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

See this type of thing is what gives dealers a bad rep. Just to let all you know not all dealers treat their customers like that. Whatever Mazda Canada recommends to do we do by the book.

That\'s why I\'m gonna go to Avante :D

suprPHREAK
08-31-2004, 10:33 PM
I went into Markham Mazda one day....I was just stared at like I was about to rob the place ( I was wearing business casual). Not to sound racist, but every time an asian person walked in the door, regardless of age, they were helped in half a second. I was completely ignored (im a whitey). I thought the experience, being there for 20 mins, getting into cars, looking them over, and not a word to me. Ill never go there.

dinu01
09-01-2004, 12:36 PM
I had the same experience at Markham re: desalership staff

The 8K service is 50+ indeed, but no one needs/should get all that useless stuff done. Just get the oil change.

Change the coolant, check the brakes every 40000, change the sparkplugs at 48000 - that\'s what I do