PDA

View Full Version : Waxing

MarkhamMazda3
05-13-2004, 04:07 PM
So after washing my 3 about 3 times in 2 days, i think i want to keep that amazing winnign blue colour looking sharp. I went out and bought some wax botu i am not sure if it is a good type or not. I got turtle wax premium or something. It coemsin a green bottle as most urtle waxes do. B ut my friend uses it and he said it is good but his paint seemd to have come off on the cloth the first time he waxed with it, but i hear it is normal. Is it normal and if so, are there any side effects? Any other suggestions for wax?

bluntman
05-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Paint doesn\'t come off after waxing, there\'s a layer of clear coat applied over the paint. Any good Carnuba wax is fine, Turtle Wax, Mothers, Xymol, Meguires, etc.

Nex
05-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Yup, good carnuba wax is good, but if you want the ultimate shine and protection, try Zaino.
www.zainbros.ca

Soulcrusher
05-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Nex

Yup, good carnuba wax is good, but if you want the ultimate shine and protection, try Zaino.
www.zainbros.ca

Did you apply Zaino to your car? And if you did, did you buy the kit that was posted on Zaino\'s website and followed it as per their instructions?

mikespike
06-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Zymol is the best there is. You only need to wax 2 times a year..

miggiddy
06-11-2004, 12:12 AM
I\'ve so far used the Meguiar\'s 3 step on the hood, roof and trunk. This weekend will be the sides. I must say visually I can\'t tell the difference, probably due to the fact the car is new. But it feels completely different, and you can see the water bead off when washing the car.

It\'s time consuming, doing 3 steps, so I\'m warning you now. Altho I\'m considering putting on an extra coat of wax after I get the whole car done :)

I\'m wondering how long the wax will last.

Nex
06-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Soulcrusher

Originally posted by Nex

www.zainbros.ca

Did you apply Zaino to your car? And if you did, did you buy the kit that was posted on Zaino\'s website and followed it as per their instructions?

Yes, and yes! Best there is.

Soulcrusher
06-14-2004, 11:26 PM
You coming out to the next meet? I\'d like to see how your car looks and feels.

rbart4506
07-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by mikespike

Zymol is the best there is. You only need to wax 2 times a year..

I picked up some Zymol\'s Cleaner Wax at Candian Tire a few weeks ago and did the first waxing last weekend. The results were great and it was so easy to use. It went on real easy and buffing off was just as easy...

Rich

midnightfxgt
07-12-2004, 01:47 PM
The \"paint\" that your friend has comming off on the rag is oxidization. Hi paint is probably older, and this will happen over time if paint isnt looked after properly.

~JOHN

Xenon
07-18-2004, 01:40 AM
There is a new Meguires wax out there now.

NXT wax or something, comes in a purple bottle. I\'ve picked up a bunch of samples and an actual bottle of the stuff from DKN. I\'ll be trying in in a few months, when the older bottles of wax are finished.

I still have 1/2 of my Gold Class left and a full bottle of the Eagle One Nano Wax. If anyone has tried this new \"revolutionary\" wax, please post. I\'m interested to see if this stuff works. Supposedly if you was 1/2 the hood with Meg. Gold Class and 1/2 with this new stuff there is a visible difference. It\'s supposed to be that good. But until we try it, I guess we\'ll never know.

MajesticBlueNTO
07-18-2004, 04:35 AM
i waxed my car with the NXT wax back in may (bought it at Target in b-lo). it is real easy to apply and buff off. the finish becomes more reflective, especially if you have a dark coloured car. haven\'t had a chance to compare it with the Gold Class on the same car yet...i used to used Gold Class on the maxima (Majestic Blue is darker than Indigo Blue) and GC was pretty damn good on that.

Xenon
07-18-2004, 08:37 AM
but you do see an improvement? What about covering swirl marks and stuff?

MajesticBlueNTO
07-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

but you do see an improvement? What about covering swirl marks and stuff?

i didn\'t take any pictures, i should\'ve, but it looked better than the day i picked it up.

the improvement is apparent but i\'m willing to say that it doesn\'t last as long as Gold Class, between waxes.

it covers swirl marks and minor scratches well. the day i was supposed to get the clear \"bra\" stuff put on the top part of the rear bumper (the part right by the trunk opening), the wheel on my luggage \"scraped\" over the bumper. long story short, i was trying to get my friggin huge suitcase into the ridiculously small trunk opening (suitcase is about as wide as the trunk opening, so you really have to \"thread the needle\") and it hit the top part of the trunk opening and bounced back. the wheel, which is polyurethane, performed a nice number on the bumper. when i got back home, i washed it down and put the NXT stuff on it, about 2 coats. the NXT stuff hid the scratches pretty well. now that the clear \"bra\" material is over it, you can\'t even notice what had happened.

MZ3_GS
08-08-2004, 07:48 PM
I wax my cars like 4 times a year :sarc , I think any wax will do. U can tell if u need a new coat by watering your car down.

bubba1983
09-21-2004, 04:00 AM
i use P21s.....gooood shit...its up there with zaino and zymol....

super_vixen
10-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Meguiar\'s Wax (http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444189 0123&FOLDER%3C%3EbrowsePath=2534374302192103&FOLDE R%3C%3EbrowsePath=2534374303515768&FOLDER%3C%3Ebro wsePath=2534374303515769&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=253 4374303515769&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395348 027&bmUID=1096647477097)

This is the wax that I use for my car..I\'ve been using it for about 8 months (on my Z24 and my 3 now). It\'s the same wax that a lot of show rooms, and auto shows use and it\'s been good to me :)
It\'s worth it\'s weight in gold (no pun intended)...I waxed my car the day after I got it, because I had to give her a bath...and she is still very radiant.