PDA

View Full Version : Bluntman.. a.k.a. Mr. MTO

sw0rdfish
05-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Quick questions, my ownership is under my dad and my name, if I go in to get it changed, I shouldn\'t have any problems right? I want to have it in my name only, so I don\'t have problems with the grad rebate... is that going to be a problem?

Also, is SWRDFISH and SWORDFSH both still available as plates?

Thanks in adavance if you know the answers!

bluntman
05-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

Quick questions, my ownership is under my dad and my name, if I go in to get it changed, I shouldn\'t have any problems right? I want to have it in my name only, so I don\'t have problems with the grad rebate... is that going to be a problem?

Also, is SWRDFISH and SWORDFSH both still available as plates?

Thanks in adavance if you know the answers!

To switch it from your father\'s name to yourself, the \"extras\" that you\'ll need are a Sworn Statement for Family Gift and a Safety Standards Certificate.

The Sworn Statement has to be completed with both of you (your father and yourself) in front of a laweyer or a Notary Public. Luckily, many Private Issuing Offices have a Notary in the office so for a small fee (usually $20) you can get this done quite easily. The Sworn Statement is available at these offices too.

Eventhough the car is practically brand new you will still need a Safety Standards Cerficate from a licenced mechanic or a garage (almost all change of ownerships require a Safety Certificate). Go to Canadian Tire, they seem to be the cheapest for getting a Safety done.

Once you have those two things, have your father sign over the back of the ownership to you, get some insurance put into your name, complete the back (grey/black part) of the ownership with YOUR information and take it, the Sworn Statement, the Safety, the insurance information and some money to your closest licensing office.

Your father can transfer the existing plates to you, or you can buy a new set for yourself. However, if you want the old plates there is a form or some sort of letter that you and your father (who then has to be present) must complete that transfers the plate over to you.

As far as the fees go, it\'s $10 to transfer the car, $10 to transfer the plates or if you want new plates $20 plus the sticker, which will be less than $74.

You are exempt from an Emission Test because of the year of the car.

Both SWORDFSH and SWRDFISH are available for order for $212.60. Delivery takes about 6 to 8 weeks. To attach those, that a whole other can of worms. :sarc

sw0rdfish
05-20-2004, 05:31 PM
holy shit! All that?

The car is already under my name... it just has my father\'s on there as well. Furthermore insurance, the loan and every thing else are already under my name. The only reason his name is on it, is because Mazda said the insurance company would accept that... which they didn\'t.

Do I still need to do all that?

bluntman
05-20-2004, 07:19 PM

holy shit! All that?

The car is already under my name... it just has my father\'s on there as well. Furthermore insurance, the loan and every thing else are already under my name. The only reason his name is on it, is because Mazda said the insurance company would accept that... which they didn\'t.

Do I still need to do all that?

I take it the owner ship reads:

swordfish/swordfish\'s dad

If so, then yes. This is why I tell people never to put a vehicle into two names...hassles, hassles, hassles. You will still be able to use the current plates, you and your father will just have to write a letter allowing the transfer of the plate to yourself. It\'s odd, but according to the MTO \"swordfish/swordfish\'s dad\" is one registrant while \"swordfish\" is a completely seperate one and so is \"swordfish\'s dad\".

sw0rdfish
05-20-2004, 08:58 PM
God dammit!!!!

**** it then, Mazda is going to give me the rebate anyway... it was they\'re idea to put both names on it, I\'m not going through all that hassel just to please them

Moderator\'s Edit (Xenon):
Post edited to remove profanity.

Newlook
05-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Crap! I did the same :(

Also in result I get nothing cheaper on my insurance. We pay the same no matter if the car is only under my name or my name+my dad\'s, since they automatically list me as the principle driver of the Mazda.

I was thinking of the name change as well, so I can have a vanity plate on it in the furture when I feel like to spend $200 on that. But now it\'s a lot more to do because of the extra name.... GRRR

bluntman
05-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Crap! I did the same :(

Also in result I get nothing cheaper on my insurance. We pay the same no matter if the car is only under my name or my name+my dad\'s, since they automatically list me as the principle driver of the Mazda.

I was thinking of the name change as well, so I can have a vanity plate on it in the furture when I feel like to spend $200 on that. But now it\'s a lot more to do because of the extra name.... GRRR

You can still buy the plates, but you will have to register them to the RIN that has both your names (you and your father). The system will not allow a set of plates to be attached to a vehicle if the owner of the plate is one of the co-owners of the car that it is being attached.

wtom
05-25-2004, 12:47 PM

Aghhhhhh Crap, is that for real? I am planning to take my dad with me when the group of us go to the dealership next week but if the majority of insurance companies don\'t consider who the car\'s owner is when calculating the premium (I will be primary on the Mazda 3) then I shouldn\'t even bother my dad to come with me.

I\'ll be calling my broker soon... arghhh

sw0rdfish
05-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Aghhhhhh Crap, is that for real? I am planning to take my dad with me when the group of us go to the dealership next week but if the majority of insurance companies don\'t consider who the car\'s owner is when calculating the premium (I will be primary on the Mazda 3) then I shouldn\'t even bother my dad to come with me.

I\'ll be calling my broker soon... arghhh
They do take it into consideration...

For example, this was what my insruance company did....
Primary Driver [PD] - Me
Owner[O] - Me
Cost - $3900

PD - Me
O - Me AND Dad
Cost - $3900

PD - Me
Owner - Dad
Cost - $2800

.. So you see they do take into consideration who owns the carm because they assume if it\'s your dad\'s car, you\'d drive under his rules etc... Which is bullshit, but anyway. The problem is that for the car to be ONLY in your dad\'s name, you\'d have to have your dad take out the loan on the car [ I think co-signing your loan is acceptable ], if you plan on taking out the loan yourself... then you can\'t have his name on it. Or pay cash :D

wtom
05-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Thanks sw0rdfish! I called my broker and left a voicemsg around 3pm, still waiting a return call.

I won\'t mind having my dad as the owner of MY car but what disadvantages are there to having someone else own the car you drive?

Newlook
05-25-2004, 10:15 PM

They do take it into consideration...

For example, this was what my insruance company did....
Primary Driver [PD] - Me
Owner[O] - Me
Cost - $3900

PD - Me
O - Me AND Dad
Cost - $3900

This\'s what I was trying to say... it makes no difference.

SourcE
02-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey Bluntman,

Is there anywhere on the web where I can get a listing of all the available vanity plates for Ontario?

If not, why the hell not, it would make a great resource. :p :D

I am in the market for a plate, and instead of coming up with an idea, and running it by the MTO each time only to find out the plate is not available would love to be able to see a listing of what is available.

Any thoughts? :D :D

Thanks,

TheProfessor
02-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by SourcE

Hey Bluntman,

Is there anywhere on the web where I can get a listing of all the available vanity plates for Ontario?

If not, why the hell not, it would make a great resource. :p :D

I am in the market for a plate, and instead of coming up with an idea, and running it by the MTO each time only to find out the plate is not available would love to be able to see a listing of what is available.

Any thoughts? :D :D

Thanks,

For anyone who\'s looking for \"IMAHOMO\" I think Broli has it already :p

Cardinal Fang
02-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Well I did a search and came up with this \"partial\" list:

http://www.whyfor.com/plates/ontario.htm

However the guy that runs the website indicated that the MTO would not give him a complete list without charging him over $2000.00 plus royalties for commercial use.

http://www.whyfor.com/plates/graphics.htm

Caz
02-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

For anyone who\'s looking for \"IMAHOMO\" I think Broli has it already :p

Zing...:D

SourcE
02-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks Fang,

I saw this but then noticed it had not been updated since 2000. :sarc

Broli
02-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Mudda****a!

see, that is why i post so damn much, i have to search every thread to see what you say about me!
i wonder how many i have missed?????

yo blunty?

is BROLI available?
and
MASIV?

TheProfessor
02-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Broli

Mudda****a!

see, that is why i post so damn much, i have to search every thread to see what you say about me!

yo blunty?

is BROLI available?
and
MASIV?

It\'s like hunting for Easter Eggs........except they\'re burns instead :p

Why not get EO MASIV?

Broli
02-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Mudda****a!

yo blunty?

is BROLI available?
and
MASIV?

It\'s like hunting for Easter Eggs........except they\'re burns instead :p

Why not get EO MASIV?

haha,

yeah i was thinkin that 2!

but i have a europlate in my window that says eomasiv
so . .. i was thinking something different, maybe i will get BROLI

but mostly i won\'t get any!
haha

Caz
02-10-2006, 08:32 AM

Sounds like your regular saturday night. :D

Cardinal Fang
02-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Caz

*Holds up 9.5 score card*

Broli
02-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Caz

only cause i am exhausted from friday night freak-a-thons with yo mama!

lol

Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

Originally posted by Caz

*Holds up 9.5 score card*

why what happened?
did u see my package?

:D

Caz
02-10-2006, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by Caz

lol

Good comeback Broli, if I wanted cum back from you I would just scrape your throat.:D

Broli
02-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Caz

Originally posted by Caz

lol

Good comeback Broli, if I wanted cum back from you I would just scrape your throat.:D

haha,

well, i have heard that one b4,
but if i wanted comeback,
i would tell yo mama to stand up, and watch it drizzle down her legs!

lol

Caz
02-10-2006, 09:49 AM

haha,

lol

It would be hard for her to stand up as she would be rolling on the floor laughing at the size of your unit.:D

Broli
02-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Caz

haha,

lol

It would be hard for her to stand up as she would be rolling on the floor laughing at the size of your unit.:D

rolling on the floor in sheer extascy and laughing about the years she spent with yo little dick daddy, u mean!

:p

Caz
02-10-2006, 10:36 AM

rolling on the floor in sheer extascy and laughing about the years she spent with yo little dick daddy, u mean!

:p

Nice try, after she finished laughing, my mom said it takes longer than 10 seconds to reach \"sheer extascy\"

majic
02-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Caz: funny - original
wud: funny - witty
Fang: funny - most people don\'t get the jokes (doubly funny) :D

Broli: not funny - regurgitates others\' jokes changing \"broli\" to \"yo momma\" :sarc
ds2chan: not funny - needs a hug, blatantly copies jokes; did i mention the jokes that are of his own creation are NOT funny? :zzz

tm3 is so boring, yah i\'m guilty of a punch here and there but damn as someone said, these days the IQ of tm3 combined is probably just above that of a garbage can.. for every 1 good post, there seem to be at least 10 useless posts

where are the mods? admins? is every thread going down to shits due to the \'maturity\' of the crowd here? come on guys.. and you wonder why people don\'t post here anymore.. i guess it\'s the winter blahs - you gotta blame something :sarc

/rant

RedRaptor
02-10-2006, 11:26 AM
I don\'t have a problem with the post whoring, the 16 year old Yo Momma jokes or the \"I lack confidence, so I have to repeat what people are saying to sound smart\" posts, but keep it OUT of the car related posts please! :sarc

Like majic I am tired of reading a useless or repetitive replies to serious car related posts. If you have nothing useful to post on a thread, why even bother? If you want to be a funny guy or sound smart, this isn\'t the place to do it.

All that garbage belongs to the General Discussion Forum anyways, so let\'s keep it there.

Another problem is the \"lurkers\" that are on TM3. Sign up and introduce yourself! Do you really take pride in copying people\'s mods and info without contributing back? And people wonder why I never post pictures of my mods anymore.

Maybe the newer guys don\'t know the history of TM3...but there used to be some quality guys and gals here like:

Dr. Butcher, NewLook, RJ3, ImWitty and etc.

So what happened here? Invasion or evolution?

Someone educate me because this is my first car forum experience.

Red.

Broli
02-10-2006, 11:29 AM
hmmm

fine

majic,
i can\'t help it if i get a shot at me in every damn thread!
i am not instigating anything!
so . . .

yes i agree with you to a point, well not about me being not funny :p

so here is my suggestions,
the DIS thread will start in the general lounge
if someone wants to dis something from another thread, put the dis there with a link to the original, or quote it or just say what thread it is,
specifically use this thread to avoid thread craping in threads where there is good info,
a few jokes here and there are ok, but when the thread turns, well thats when majic comes in and bitches at me :p

general jokes in the general lounge threads are probably ok, basically, see what the thread is about, if it is about something technical, or about a place to get your rims or about how to install something, keep the jokes to a reasonable level

so when people want to take a joke shot at me, throw it there, and i won\'t have to find surprises in every thread and majic will be a happy (well as happy as majic can be) man! :hoho

so. . . use the thread, i will suggest that it be used when i think people are going off topic, and i ask majic to do the same, you see, we can sorta make majic a mod just like this!

*salutes the make majic a moderator campaign*

To the Board: Prepare to be majoogled the hell out of . . . lol

and to put this back on track

hey bluntman?

did you find out about those names for me?
specifically i am interested in Broli, as i doubt that MASIV or EOMASIV have been taken
let me know, if you can\'t check those things, or if that could bring you trouble at work, just mention that, i will leave it there!

Caz
02-10-2006, 11:43 AM
I agree with majic and RedRaptor.
I will keep the insult stuff to the Lounge area.

Broli
02-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Caz

I agree with majic and RedRaptor.
I will keep the insult stuff to the Lounge area.

eh, no worries man!

they are just both tough guys over the internet!
;) ;) :p
lol

btw,

apparently there is a flame thread already, that i seem to have over looked . . .
so we will use that thread to transfer the dis too!

bluntman
02-10-2006, 12:40 PM

yo blunty?

is BROLI available?
and
MASIV?

Yes they are.

Broli
02-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by bluntman