PDA

View Full Version : SilentJay's Log

SilentJay
11-27-2013, 08:59 PM
I know the log is kind of long, but I wasn't quite sure what to cut out.

4th gear pull, traction ctrl off, didn't quite make it to redline though. What do you guys make of this, other than I should probably trim it? :chuckle

I'm running: short ram intake, tip, internals, forge bpv, cpe tmic, OTS stage 1 @ 91 octane

Reference: deleted

SomeGuy
11-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Where's the pull? Throttle never goes above 30% and wastegate duty cycle is at 0%? and boost barely touches 10psi?

SilentJay
11-28-2013, 06:38 AM
Hmm... I might've put up the wrong one then... Lemmie check.

pwdunmore
11-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Lmao... ohh Jay, you need to go Wide Open Throttle (WOT) by flooring the accelerator and grabbing the wheel the keep it straight as can be.

Steps (some you have done but I writing them all out anyways):
1. Make sure you have enough space on a straight safe place of road
2. Traction control off (hold down 10 seconds, light will stay and not be able to be turned off)
3. Start logging from 2500 rpm in 4th
4. Floor it to 5500-6000 rpm (ideally redline)
5. Stop logging

Angling the wheel on a gentle bend will cause the SWAS(Steering Wheel Angle Sensor) to activate which will give you rich AFR and reduced timing. So try to avoid that if you can because your log won't show the real values we are looking for. SilentJay

SomeGuy
11-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Hmm... I might've put up the wrong one then... Lemmie check.

Haha ok :)

And pwndunmore - 4th gear logs aren't really necessary with a stage 1 OTS map...he should have no problem with traction in 3rd gear and it keeps the speed a tad more legal.

Logging is not recommended on public roads, be careful :)

optiklenz13
11-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Pm Fack_Dude , he knows a place to do logs.. :) SilentJay

Log phail? :chuckle

pwdunmore
11-28-2013, 10:28 AM
4th gear logs are the best way to tell how the engine is running because the engine is under proper load, 3rd gears logs "work" though.

And I do all my logging in Mexico with my submarine radar fully activated lol :P

As Someguy said be careful and don't log/post vehicle speed. Not needed and attracts the wrong attention.

Mr Wilson
11-28-2013, 10:29 AM
fack_ dude only leaves logs....

fywdyl
11-28-2013, 10:34 AM
4th gear logs are the best way to tell how the engine is running because the engine is under proper load, 3rd gears logs "work" though.

And I do all my logging in Mexico with my submarine radar fully activated lol :P

As Someguy said be careful and don't log/post vehicle speed. Not needed and attracts the wrong attention.

Speed's not an issue because we ALWAYS do our logs on a dyno, car's not actually going that fast... ;)

Fack_Dude
11-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Hey silent jay. This will be the best advice I will ever give you about logging. You have to have the balls to do it. I have done over 600 logs in the past four years and I can tell you one thing I didn't care if my car blew up because I would by a new car the next day and their people on this forum who know who I am. Enough being said. The best thing you can do is get a tune and do it on the dyno and call it the day. However, if you feel that you can do these logs and have the money to spend when you grenade the engine. Send me a pm and I will show you how it's done.

optiklenz13
11-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Derek for President..

Stathakos
11-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Derek for President..

+1

SilentJay
01-30-2014, 10:00 PM
Likely not 100% complete log, had to steer a tiny bit in each instance, 2 separate pulls, and probably has some filler columns that need to be removed... Was just hoping this might provide me with a little insight.

SilentJay
02-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Hopefully, 2 slightly better quality pulls

To note, I'm running the OTS stratified stage 1 map now

fywdyl
02-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Jay, I would start the pull/logging at a lower RPM, say 2500, but most of us start it at 2000.

Also... if you can go to at least 6000 RPM at least you have a better idea of the upper end.

I would say nothing out of the ordinary, it's a very conservative map, so tons of room to grow.

EDIT: Not sure which version AP you have, but there's usually a 1 sec lag between pressing the log button and the actual recording of the log. So take that into account when you start a log.

MajesticBlueNTO
02-02-2014, 12:27 PM
i've posted this before in other threads....just start logging when you start driving (or after you start your car). Do your pulls without worrying about when to press the button. Then, when you're done driving (prior to shutting off the car), stop logging.

Once at a pc/laptop/tablet/whatever, go into a csv editor and then chop the big csv into the chunks that have the WOT content. The AP v2 can hold about 10 hours worth of logs.