PDA

View Full Version : Are these LED tail lights worth 450 dollars?

Egyptshun
01-11-2014, 01:54 PM
So I have a very particular taste with tail lights ( and I apologize I don not favour the leaf looking tail lights esp on 1st gen Mz3's) and I finally found these here (http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/product/1126/exterior-lighting--Mazda-3-sedan-black-style-led-tail-lights.html), but I can not seem to find a lower price. I love the LED tail lights but seem to find very few sleek lights like these online. I think my money might be better spent on this short ram intake (http://www.corksport.com/corksport-2004-2009-mazda-3-short-ram-intake-en.html), or this exhaust (http://www.corksport.com/corksport-power-series-mazda-3-exhaust-system.html).

As I understand (I am very new to the car modification world) the exaust would give the most gains, and the short ram intake would give very little or lose some. So I dont know if my money is truly justified on any of these. I'm just kinda sick of the all red tail lights I have

So what do you think, where should my money go for the best initial investment to the car

I own a Mazda 3 04 GX manual, with the only thing put into it is a Eonon GM5151

Kiyomi
01-11-2014, 01:59 PM
start with the intake. tail lights quickly get out of style.
don't bother yourself with the ms3 guys if you don't have one. they tend to stick to their own, aside from a few. :D

Egyptshun
01-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Here is a better look at the tail lights http://www.mazda3club.com/showthread.php?t=50002

Kiyomi
01-11-2014, 02:05 PM
if its your first mod, imo, spend the money elsewhere.
up to you in the end of course.

Egyptshun
01-11-2014, 02:06 PM
start with the intake. tail lights quickly get out of style.
don't bother yourself with the ms3 guys if you don't have one. they tend to stick to their own, aside from a few. :D

Okay, I guess that's what I'm going to get, but would it actually do much for the car? I mean other than a noise will it do much for my mazda 3?

Kiyomi
01-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Okay, I guess that's what I'm going to get, but would it actually do much for the car? I mean other than a noise will it do much for my mazda 3?

not much. more like a little more throttle response and make the car more fun. that's about it. people usually start with this and then they either stop modding or go all out.

Egyptshun
01-11-2014, 02:09 PM
So what do you think my first mod would be on the car. other than the intake because I know eventually I'm going to buy one. Truth be told I just want it to sound nice. I know it wont be worth spending so much money to make it a performance beast because its so old now.

Kiyomi
01-11-2014, 02:12 PM
tint is usually your best bet for looks, then a drop via springs/shocks or coils, then for fun factor a rear sway bar or intake/exhaust.
old means nothing. if your willing to put the time and effort into a car it could be a monster. just not cost effective is all. some of the best cars are the oldest and have a shit ton of work on them with a lot of man hours.

Egyptshun
01-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Truth be told it's just the fact that I'm still a student with not too big of a paycheck coming in bi-weekly. That's why I can't pour in loads of cash into it. And sounds good, I'll be looking into all of that, thanks :)

boo-ninja
01-11-2014, 02:52 PM
i wouldn't spend $450 for tail lights. Your pretty much there for buying an exhaust aside from shipping/taxes/install. I would go that route. I also wouldn't buy any corksport stuff from that web page you linked op. They look WAY marked up!

Egyptshun
01-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Oh, thanks for the heads up on that, I'm still unsure of average prices for this stuff, whats quality vs. what's so cheap it'll fall off the car (Yes I've had an exhaust fall off before...). I'll keep l;ooking around for better ones then.

Kiewan
01-11-2014, 03:21 PM
IMO those tail lights arn't that great, especially not for $450. The housing around the LEDs in the trunk lid doesn't really match the running lights. its probably because of the restricted space in the lid which makes the material look different. If that makes any sense LOL.

Its your preference and money in the end.

sudz
01-11-2014, 08:24 PM
why are the turn signals 500 times brighter than the brake lights? seems like a hazard to me - Hopefully its just the photo. I kinda like those lights - But there's a reason I still have the LED bulbs in my stock tail lights for the past 6.5 years... I could never swallow 400-500 dollars to get GT/Aftermarket Tails.

SKyactivmanny
01-11-2014, 10:18 PM
tint is usually your best bet for looks, then a drop via springs/shocks or coils, then for fun factor a rear sway bar or intake/exhaust.
old means nothing. if your willing to put the time and effort into a car it could be a monster. just not cost effective is all. some of the best cars are the oldest and have a shit ton of work on them with a lot of man hours.

This guy knows whats up :like

trulankan
01-13-2014, 02:02 PM
if they were cheaper then maybe but i wouldnt drop 450 on it. put in an extra $100 and you can get yourself a nice catback or w.e else u want

Sonic31
01-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Heck for $450, if you have a little patience and some mad kijiji skills you can probably get a used cat back, intake and springs.

That being said, after having an intake for a while and not liking it, I found that just gutting your stock airbox gets you pretty much the same results.

Money best spent elsewhere and as mentioned, tails go out of style quick.