PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Winning Blue Sport.

Cdnpara
06-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey.
I pick it up on Thursday from Avante. I can\'t wait.
Good thing is, I only have to wait a week.
Thinking about getting tints done in a month or so.

See you guys around.

wtom
06-12-2004, 04:32 PM
You bastard!!!!!!! I have to wait a month from ordering on June 2nd at Markham Mazda. What trim and options are you getting? Right off the lot?

Oh, welcome to the board. :)

miggiddy
06-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Welcome cdnpara

There is a meet coming up, June 26 I believe.

Xenon
06-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Another Winning Blue Sport! Nice.... I\'m no longer a loner.

Cdnpara
06-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Hey,
Fortunately, i only had to wait a week. The dealership said it was up at their compound, where ever that is. It\'ll be here in a couple of days.
I got the GS, 5sp and A/C. Nothing else other than that. Probably going to get tints one day. But no rush, really.
I can\'t sleep, too excited! I\'ll try and make it to the next meet if I can and say hi.

Later fellas.

xoom
06-13-2004, 09:32 PM
I, too, just recently ordered a Winning Blue Sport GT. I got the A/C but no moonroof or leather. I gave them three choices of colour (blue, orange, and red), and told them I needed the car before the end of August. There weren\'t any available in Canada, so they looked into whats available coming from Japan. Red and orange were only available from the July production run (last one for the 2004s), but the blue was available in the June production so I jumped on that one. So now I have to wait until late July or early August... *sigh*. At least I got the colour I wanted....

Cdnpara
06-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Hey Xoom, what dealership did you go to? I knew I wanted the blue, but when I went to Dufferin Mazda they said that it would be a long wait, seeing as though it was one of the most popular colours.
So I pretty much lucked out with Avante.

I have a question though; does the Sport GS, come with the rear lip spoiler, or whatever you call them? Or does the GT get them only?

Later.

xoom
06-14-2004, 08:49 AM
I went to Scarboro Mazda. They said there were only 2 left in winning blue from the June production batch in the options I wanted (5-speed with A/C). Yeah, I think Avante is pretty good about getting cars and tracking them. When I talked to their sales manager Emmanuel, he said he wouldn\'t match any other dealer\'s price, but he would give you the best possible service on tracking down the car you wanted and letting you know where it is at any given time. About the spoiler, I\'m pretty sure only the GT comes with it.

Cdnpara
06-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Too bad, for some reason I thought the GS got the spoiler as well. I haven\'t seen any pics of Sport without the spoiler.

wtom
06-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by xoom

I went to Scarboro Mazda. They said there were only 2 left in winning blue from the June production batch in the options I wanted (5-speed with A/C). Yeah, I think Avante is pretty good about getting cars and tracking them. When I talked to their sales manager Emmanuel, he said he wouldn\'t match any other dealer\'s price, but he would give you the best possible service on tracking down the car you wanted and letting you know where it is at any given time. About the spoiler, I\'m pretty sure only the GT comes with it.

Hi Xoom sorry about the private msg and my never seeing it until just recently. Glad you got an order through! I did end up buying with four others at Markham Mazda. Winning Blue for me too, very rare to find this colour in any lots I believe.

wtom
06-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Cdnpara

Too bad, for some reason I thought the GS got the spoiler as well. I haven\'t seen any pics of Sport without the spoiler.

Somebody didn\'t do their homework! LOL, correct, the Sport GS does NOT come with the rear spoiler. Congrats either way to have your car soon! You shall be the first person to post pics of the Sport GS... right? :)

Cdnpara
06-14-2004, 01:52 PM
For sure I\'ll put some pictures up.

Not sure if this topic has been exhausted or not, but any tips on the break in period?

Thanks.

xoom
06-14-2004, 02:08 PM
I hear the main things are not to rev or break too hard. And don\'t go at the same speed for too long... its even okay to take it on the highway as long as you vary speeds. This is what I\'ve heard so far.....

wtom
06-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by xoom

I hear the main things are not to rev or break too hard. And don\'t go at the same speed for too long... its even okay to take it on the highway as long as you vary speeds. This is what I\'ve heard so far.....

Same theory here from what I\'ve been reading on both forums M3F.com and TM3.com. Don\'t redline it, change gears at a maximum of 4000RPM, don\'t race the engine, don\'t brake hard, and inclusive of what Xoom mentioned above, for the first 1000kms. :)

Xenon
06-15-2004, 06:27 PM

...I have a question though; does the Sport GS, come with the rear lip spoiler, or whatever you call them? Or does the GT get them only?

Later.

GT vs. GS thing: You get this WITH THE GT ONLY (as in GS doesn\'t come with it):
17\" Rims
Car Alarm
Cruise Control (/w steering wheel controls... GS doesn\'t even get Cruise Control)
Rear Spoiler
Heated Power Mirrors (GS has manual, non-heated mirrors)
Leather wrapped steering wheel & shift knob
6 Speaker Audio.
The option of a moonroof (N/A on GS)
The option of leather (N/A on GS)
... All for just $1200 more. More than worth it in my opinion.

Cdnpara
06-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks Xenon.
I was initially going to get the sedan, thinking it would me more affordable. For me to have chosen the GT, would have brought me over the edge.
But in my opinion, the Sport with or without the spoiler looks much better than the sedan. Just my opinion.

Two more days and its mine. Can\'t wait!

I\'ll post some pics when I can.

laters.

Cdnpara
06-16-2004, 11:32 AM
I pick it up tomorrow! Pretty anxious as you can imagine.
I\'ll take some pics after I get it.

Later.

Cdnpara
06-17-2004, 09:45 PM
I finally picked it up. So far so good.
Still getting used to it, but I\'m loving it.
I going out to take it for another spin!

Later

Soulcrusher
06-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Congrats, man! Now the hard part is to figure out all the little knicks and knacks you want to spend on the car without going broke! :D

sw0rdfish
06-17-2004, 11:46 PM

I finally picked it up. So far so good.
Still getting used to it, but I\'m loving it.
I going out to take it for another spin!

Later

That\'s awesome man! Congrats!!

Enjoy it, it\'s a great little car