PDA

View Full Version : Tint Poll

miggiddy
06-18-2004, 11:41 AM
I know I am referring specifically to Formula One Film (FX Auto and Detailing Shop). But I\'m just wondering what film and percentage people have purchased or plan on getting, thanks.

I couldn\'t fit all of the films obviously, just post it if it\'s not there, thanks again. I can\'t decide on the % now that I have some samples. Ofcourse it\'s really difficult to tell, so I\'ll have to check out what you guys have at the next meet since I have to wait until July 10th now :sarc

Xenon
06-18-2004, 06:45 PM
The 35% Front, 15% rear is the best combination. If you decide on that, then Wayne at FX will recommend the Comfort Stuff. Two reasons:

1. Top-of-the-line film only goes as dark as 20%. Therefore you will have to mix and match films of you go with 35/15. Also, the top-of-the-line stuff actually has a bit of a chrome-ish look to it. If you want straight black, you want the comfort stuff anyways.

2. You\'re probably thinking why not just get 35/20? That\'s because if you get the Comfort 15%, that tint actually has better Heat rejection than the top-of-the-line 20%.

IF you are looking at a mono-tint (aka same tint all around), I recommend 35% all round. Anything darker, the front windows may look a little too dark to cops and you might get into some trouble. For that you can go with the premium stuff.

Hope this helps.

Soulcrusher
06-18-2004, 11:23 PM
That\'s very good and sound info from Xenon.

Newlook
06-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Xenon, what did you end up getting? Comfort 35% and 15%?

Soulcrusher
06-19-2004, 07:42 PM
He probably did. It looks like he got the Comfort 15 for sure and if I were him, I\'d get Comfort for the front windows as well.

Also, to clarify, the Comfort 35 is really Comfort 38. There isn\'t a Comfort 35 available. For some reason, I never asked Wayne why they chose 38%. Maybe when I see him when I do the Llumar bra for the bumper I\'ll ask him.

Xenon
06-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Newlook

Xenon, what did you end up getting? Comfort 35% and 15%?

Yup
15% in the back, 35% in the front. Comfort tint. As recommended by Wayne himself.

SED
06-20-2004, 07:15 AM
I\'ve put Premium film - 35%Front 20%Rear on my Orange hatch. Very pleased.

snipe
06-20-2004, 04:56 PM
You\'re missing Comfort 30%.

I got that all around. Now I\'m thinking I should have went darker. I think it looks a bit too light in the sun.

Xenon
06-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by snipe

You\'re missing Comfort 30%.

I got that all around. Now I\'m thinking I should have went darker. I think it looks a bit too light in the sun.

30% in the front is borderline illegal though. I find anything darker than 35% in the front makes it difficult to see the driver. If that is the case, I think cops might use that excuse too.

Soulcrusher
06-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I have 38% all around and I\'m quite happy with that. When the sun comes low enough where you can see it out of the side windows, this tint reduces the glare so that I\'m no longer bothered by it. With my previous car, I would either move my sunvisor over or use my hand to block it out.

I\'m curious to see how the darker tints are at night, though. I find with 38%, it still reduces quite a bit of visibility. Maybe next Saturday I can find out. :)

miggiddy
06-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Sorry I missed the comfort 30.

I leaning towards Ultimate 38 around. But I\'ll see when I get to the shop. Maybe he\'ll have an M3 done. :)

And I don\'t want to attract attention from the cops. Considering my car is black I figure 38 will look dark enough.

Snipes
07-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Why not just go 20% all the way around. I have a few cop buddies and they say they never pull over for 20% as it\'s not easily noticeable to that of 35%. They will catch you if you have 5% all the way around because it is so dark and that is more noticeable then 20%. Furthermore, if you put that silver tint on then you\'re sure to get nailed because they have been noticing that even though it goes silver half way down and then black to the bottom, the black is almost always illegal.