PDA

View Full Version : Used MS3 advice.

nuttygent
02-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Hello Mazdaspeed world. Looking at a used 2009 MS3 with approx 60K, anything obvious I should be looking for? Are the turbos pretty robust if no mods have been performed on the vehicle? Thanks a bunch.

Fack_Dude
02-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Check engine compression. There are have a few issues with turbo search on mazdaspeedforums.org

breakfasteatre
02-04-2014, 06:14 PM
2009, first gen.

first gen problems include the high pressure fuel pump, and smokey turbo due to diluted fuel leaking past turbo seals and burning in the exhaust. The diluted fuel eventually ruins the seals and ruins the turbo, causing a smokey turbo at all times. The turbo is warrantied to (correct me if im wrong) 140k kms, and i think 10 years.

when you drive the car, be sure to do WOT pulls, especially like 4th gear from 2500 rpm, will put the most demand on the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) and any problems will show up as severe stuttering (like it feels like hitting a brick wall at speed). This can be fixed, but the next step would be to do a compression test.

when the fuel pump stutters, it is not injecting as much fuel as needed, causing a lean condition. Cylinder 3 flows a lot more air than the other 3 cylinders and more air, in addition to these lean conditions on the stock pump can cause detonation, pistion and cylinder damage, and in turn, low compression.

otherwise, the car is a ****ing beast and im on my second one

Thrizzl3
02-04-2014, 08:00 PM
7yrs or 140k breakfasteatre Check vehicle history to make sure all TSB's were completed.

nuttygent
02-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Did Mazda acknowledge this fuel pump problem? Just to clarify...is the oil being diluted by fuel and if so how is this happening?

Booostin
02-10-2014, 04:08 PM
If your looking at the one from MotionMazda in Orangeville dont buy it

Wes08M3
02-10-2014, 05:49 PM
If your looking at the one from MotionMazda in Orangeville dont buy it

Is there something you know about this car? I was considering trading my GT in for it. I haven't looked at it at all so I know nothing about it at this point...

Booostin
02-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Is there something you know about this car? I was considering trading my GT in for it. I haven't looked at it at all so I know nothing about it at this point...

Yeah the compression in one of the cylinders is bad. I went to check it out myself. It sucks though because it is hard to find 09s now.

Wes08M3
02-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah the compression in one of the cylinders is bad. I went to check it out myself. It sucks though because it is hard to find 09s now.

Oh really? I was going to ask for a compression test. Too bad, it's a good price for the mileage. Figures there's something wrong with it. Oh well, thanks for the heads up.

Booostin
02-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Oh really? I was going to ask for a compression test. Too bad, it's a good price for the mileage. Figures there's something wrong with it. Oh well, thanks for the heads up.

I got excited when I saw it with that mileage too. I am sure something else will pop up in the spring.

Thrizzl3
02-12-2014, 12:22 AM

i bet that dealer wouldn't have brought it up either...

mickey_g
02-12-2014, 12:27 AM
i doubt any dealers would. They probably don't even know themsselves. Thats why getting it inspected is so important before pulling the trigger

Booostin
02-17-2014, 01:32 AM
i bet that dealer wouldn't have brought it up either...

Exactly, gotta do everything yourself these days. I learned the hard way...

nuttygent
02-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Well thanks a bunch for that info, that was indeed the car I was going to check out. That is awfully low clicks to have a cylinder problem.

betterthansx
10-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know the history of the Light Blue 2007 MS3 at Orangeville Nissan? Body looks in good condition and it has 126,000 kms. Any help would be appreciated

Dave_The_BMXER
10-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Well thanks a bunch for that info, that was indeed the car I was going to check out. That is awfully low clicks to have a cylinder problem.

It's weird when I was looking for my speed the lower Km ones I looked at were in the worst shape. I saw an 07 with 34k and it was a pile of rubbish.