PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Mazda3 Car Meet #3

Xenon
06-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Toronto Mazda3 Official Car Meet Announcement

Toronto Mazda3 Car Meet #3
Kennedy Commons, Scarborough (Kennedy Rd. & Hwy. 401)
Saturday, August 7, 2004
4:00 PM

Notes:
A location has been determined for Meet #3. This meet there are plans to have a Westside pre-meet so that all westside members will have the opprotunity to cruise to the official meet together. The Westside Pre-Meet discussions can be posted here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=340).

Reminders:
Bring your camera(s)! (Still and Video!)
Bring an FRS Handheld Communications Radio if you have one. It will be useful during the cruises.
Please Bring a printed sheet of paper with your Real Name; TM3 Handle; Make, Model & Trim of your car; and any mods done to the vehicle.

Location Information:
As per this thread (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=332), location of Meet #3 is Kennedy Commons, a shopping centre located on Kennedy Road, just south of Highway 401. This meeting area is visible from Highway 401.

miggiddy
06-27-2004, 04:13 PM
I\'m guessing an East side meet, well east of Mississauga, may be in the works for the next gathering. That\'s the feeling I got from yesterday. Welcome to the \"Mississauga Titanium Mazda 3.com\" club :D

-RJ3-
06-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey Mig,

I know I saw you yesterday, who were you again

Don\'t tell me what kind of car, because I know there was 5 or 6 of them!!!!

Xenon
06-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by -RJ3-

Hey Mig,

I know I saw you yesterday, who were you again

Don\'t tell me what kind of car, because I know there was 5 or 6 of them!!!!

See Member Profiles (if he put a post there that is...)

Xenon
06-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by miggiddy

I\'m guessing an East side meet, well east of Mississauga, may be in the works for the next gathering. That\'s the feeling I got from yesterday. Welcome to the \"Mississauga Titanium Mazda 3.com\" club :D

Next Meet will be in the East End or Near Downtown Toronto.

miggiddy
06-27-2004, 11:29 PM
RJ3 - My name is Clay, Asian dude :sarc :D with the Black GT without GFX. My girlfriend was with me, bored but there.

East or DT, it should make for a nice cruise there or on the way back. Perhaps we can make the meet a little later than 4.

bluntman
06-28-2004, 08:56 AM
The East End sounds good, then we can go for some Filipino or Chinese food afterwards! :D

miggiddy
06-28-2004, 11:24 AM
Korean bbq :D

bluntman
06-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Sushi!

Xenon
06-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Korean BBQ OR Sushi sound\'s really good to me... I\'d go for either one... :p :D

dredd2099
06-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

Korean BBQ OR Sushi sound\'s really good to me... I\'d go for either one... :p :D

second that!

Newlook
06-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Downtown seems good, but where?
I took Lakeshore Rd. to downtown after the meet on Saturday, and the lakefront was packed with cars and people.

miggiddy
06-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Is it possible to meet in a parking lot in the CNE grounds? Then cruise around?

Newlook
06-29-2004, 12:18 PM

I think you have to pay before you park in any lot at the exhibition ground. And if there\'s anything going on there, you can hardly found a spot that would fit the whole group.

Any ballpark down there?

sw0rdfish
06-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

I think you have to pay before you park in any lot at the exhibition ground. And if there\'s anything going on there, you can hardly found a spot that would fit the whole group.

Any ballpark down there?

If there is nothign going on, we can meet in that long \"street\" that runs between the ball parks and Tip Top Tailor building off lakeshore.... it\'s like a long winding bikepath/road. Problem is if something is going on, it\'ll be full of parked cars

mikespike
06-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Maybe somewhere in the east like scarborough. At 401 and kennedy at the amc.mazda
miata meets are there some times.or at scarborough bluffers park (nice view).

bluntman
06-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey, there\'s an idea...Bluffer\'s Park is really nice. I was there in March for my cousin\'s wedding.

Xenon
06-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by mikespike

Maybe somewhere in the east like scarborough. At 401 and kennedy at the amc.mazda
miata meets are there some times.or at scarborough bluffers park (nice view).

I\'m up for almost anywhere in the GTA. Anyone has any objections/other ideas?

miggiddy
06-29-2004, 10:54 PM
I\'m good for just about most places. Just wondering if we could make it a little later. Perhaps some of the West siders meet up and cruise to the east side, whatcha think?

Derksen
06-30-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish
If there is nothign going on, we can meet in that long \"street\" that runs between the ball parks and Tip Top Tailor building off lakeshore.... it\'s like a long winding bikepath/road. Problem is if something is going on, it\'ll be full of parked cars

PERFECT! 2 Blocks from my place! Sweet. Let\'s do it.

The key here would be an early arrival. Any time after 10am would seriously screw things up for parking.

miggiddy
06-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Derksen

Originally posted by sw0rdfish

PERFECT! 2 Blocks from my place! Sweet. Let\'s do it.

The key here would be an early arrival. Any time after 10am would seriously screw things up for parking.

So is this going to be a BBQ now?

wtom
06-30-2004, 03:20 PM

I\'ll put in a vote for group car wash! Bring any and all single females for the washing! :)

miggiddy
06-30-2004, 03:59 PM
White t-shirts only:) (day dreaming again)

mikespike
06-30-2004, 07:27 PM
yahhh babby

Xenon
06-30-2004, 07:34 PM
*cough* a little off topic there guys ;)

As for Westside meeting and cruising to the east side for the meet: I\'m TOTALLY UP FOR THAT!!! I think that\'s a great idea. :D

But we still need to determine WHERE the meet is going to be... or we can\'t cruise to it:)

miggiddy
06-30-2004, 08:21 PM

*cough* a little off topic there guys ;)

As for Westside meeting and cruising to the east side for the meet: I\'m TOTALLY UP FOR THAT!!! I think that\'s a great idea. :D

But we still need to determine WHERE the meet is going to be... or we can\'t cruise to it:)

Sorry Dad!:p

billyfo
06-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by wtom

I\'ll put in a vote for group car wash! Bring any and all single females for the washing! :)

group car wash is great, my car is very dirty:D :D

hope I can attend this meet cause last 2 I had to work on Sat late. Anywhere could be great, just has nice view, nice road and a larger parking lots for us.

-RJ3-
07-01-2004, 11:37 PM
What time is this meet? I start at 1pm

IF we can do it early that will be great

Xenon
07-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by -RJ3-

What time is this meet? I start at 1pm

IF we can do it early that will be great

Meets will almost always be after 4 PM I think... Gives us the day to prep the cars and run errands.... and sleep in.

Xenon
07-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Afterall, it is summer... if no one objects to an early westend location meet (like 10 AM) on the 31st, I can have a pool party/bbq at my place in the afternoon if you people want to cool off :D

Just a suggestion. Let me know!

miggiddy
07-05-2004, 09:07 AM
A morning meet would be alright. Still need a location is one thing and I hope where ever we meet that its lot doesn\'t get overly crowded.

wtom
07-05-2004, 12:23 PM

Afterall, it is summer... if no one objects to an early westend location meet (like 10 AM) on the 31st, I can have a pool party/bbq at my place in the afternoon if you people want to cool off :D

Just a suggestion. Let me know!

That would be sweet!!! We can line-up your street with Mazda3\'s! :D

Derksen
07-05-2004, 01:13 PM
31st???? That is a Saturday of a holiday weekend! I\'m bettin that I won\'t be in. We should change up for a different day IMO.

miggiddy
07-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Derksen

31st???? That is a Saturday of a holiday weekend! I\'m bettin that I won\'t be in. We should change up for a different day IMO.

Damn! Good call, altho right now that\'s looking to be my only weekend I don\'t have something planned for yet.

Xenon
07-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Well that\'s what the thread is here for.... What day would you prefer? Delay it one week?

I\'m extremely busy the week of the 24th-25th. :(

So how\'s August 7th?

Xenon
07-08-2004, 07:00 PM
How about this:

Meet August 7th, 10 AM, afterwards, we can cruise to my place for a pool party?

(Fill My Street with Mazda3\'s:p)

Or we can ship the pool party, and meet at 4 PM, as usual.

profusion
07-10-2004, 05:26 PM
If nothing pops up ill be there :)

canada3
07-10-2004, 07:48 PM
damn moving to innisfil that day....no more GTA status for me lol...but i dont there is a Mz3 club up there........so I will hang here.......damn red-necks and their mustangs and wife beaters..

Xenon
07-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Alright.... Location....

Where\'s good? It should be in either Central TO or East end.

miggiddy
07-12-2004, 09:50 AM
I\'d like to say somewhere on the waterfront, but it\'ll be a pain to find parking. Should we keep it off the 401 for \'easy access\'? Or someone suggested Dave & Busters, that\'s relatively easy to get to (I think) pending traffic to the cottage.

Xenon
07-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Sorry to bring this back up:

But there doesn\'t seem to be any objection to the August 7th date. If there are no objections by Saturday, July 17th, August 7th will be finalized.

dinu01
07-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Aug 7th sounds good

And I\'m one of those ppl that reads the forum daily but doesn\'t post too much.

I think Tees are better than cards...

miggiddy
07-13-2004, 11:35 AM
oh yeah, the 7th should be fine by me. And I\'m down with the T-shirt idea.

bigfoot0
07-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Hi guys,

New guy here looking to come out to meets. I probably wont be able to make aug 7th, I may be out of town, if not I\'ll be there. otherwise I\'ll catch you all later at future meets.

BIGFooT0
Black sprt GT :D

super_vixen
07-14-2004, 11:27 AM
I\'d like to come out to a meet, but I too have business on that weekend. Hope to catch you on another date!

wtom
07-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Does the poll feature work for mods? Set up a poll with three choices; Jul 31st, Aug 7th, and \"Neither.\"

bluntman
07-14-2004, 04:14 PM
See poll (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=290)

wtom
07-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Thank You B-Man :D

mikespike
07-17-2004, 11:59 PM
I\'m in for aug 7 too. lets find out where it\'s going to be.

Xenon
07-18-2004, 01:27 AM
OK Eastside members:

Where is a good place to hold the meet? Please choose quickly. if there is no location up for debate by July 24th, we\'ll organize one somewhere near Downtown or in the westside again.

dinu01
07-18-2004, 10:04 AM
Hmm... OK.

Here are some ideas.

Ashbridges Bay parking lot - then we can go for a drink at the pub next to it.
Pro: LOTS of space, not far for the Eastsiders and the Westsiders can take the QEW/Gardiner/Lakeshore to get there.
Cons: Sometimes it smells like a swamp. Lake Ontario, what do you expect?

Jack Astor\'s at Scarborough Town Centre
Pro: Parking
Cons: No place to take scenic pics

One of the many strip malls/plazas at 400/7
Pros: Many locations to choose from
Cons: Woodbridge :sarc

Xenon
07-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by dinu01

I like this idea, it is the original meeting spot of the TO members of Mazda3 Forums. I have been there before. The only thing is that the mall can/will be crazy when we have our meet and also, if Jack Astors is open, it may be difficult to park 20 cars together in that lot. We can, however, go to a larger area of the Scarborough Town Center parking lot and have our meet there. I am a bit concerned about security ratting us out and calling the cops. (Similar thing happened to a meet in the Square One parking lot).

Black3
07-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by dinu01

Hmm... OK.

Here are some ideas.

Ashbridges Bay parking lot - then we can go for a drink at the pub next to it.
Pro: LOTS of space, not far for the Eastsiders and the Westsiders can take the QEW/Gardiner/Lakeshore to get there.
Cons: Sometimes it smells like a swamp. Lake Ontario, what do you expect?

One of the many strip malls/plazas at 400/7
Pros: Many locations to choose from
Cons: Woodbridge :sarc

Whats wrong with Woodbridge??? I for one would vote for hwy 7 and 400 area. Lots of ample parking space, lots of dudes and buds who would rubberneck and cause collisons with they\'re \'ludes and civic\'s.
I personally don\'t think woodbridge is a \"con\". there is conartists if that is what your referring to. Lets not cut up woodbridge.

I am ok with any meeting place, Hopefully I would be able to make it.

wtom
07-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Here\'s an different approach;

Industrial area, in the back where there are large empty areas where transport trucks deliver goods to those buildings. It\'ll be a very different setting but unique. Background will be light gray buildings and probably delivery areas. I don\'t know of any as I haven\'t actually looked around for them but I have a few friends who took their three cars to such an area across from First Markham Place (Hwy 7 between Woodbine Ave and Warden Ave).

MajesticBlueNTO
07-18-2004, 07:22 PM

Here\'s an different approach;

Industrial area, in the back where there are large empty areas where transport trucks deliver goods to those buildings. It\'ll be a very different setting but unique.

where we wait for Dominic Toretto and his crew to come by...either to jack the trucks or organize a race :p

sorry, just had to ...seen one too many F&F back in the day :hoho

Newlook
07-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Industrial areas.... Go down to the Toronto portlands.... it\'s dead down there, don\'t have to worry about traffic problems.

miggiddy
07-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

where we wait for Dominic Toretto and his crew to come by...either to jack the trucks or organize a race :p

sorry, just had to ...seen one too many F&F back in the day :hoho

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v253/miggiddy/Gif/roll.gifthat\'s killer!

As for Scarb TC I wouldn\'t be surprised if the \'rent a cops\' ask us to leave. But you East siders would know better. Besides if we actaully go into Jack\'s what can they say.

Xenon
07-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Industrial areas.... Go down to the Toronto portlands.... it\'s dead down there, don\'t have to worry about traffic problems.

I think there is a spot somwhere near Woodbine and Hwy 7 I think.... There were weekly car meets there long ago, I don\'t think they are held there anymore. Maybe someday I\'ll cruise around the east end loking for spots.

The ideas that have been presented are good ones. Anyone have any more to share? does any one idea so far strike a chord?

Soulcrusher
07-19-2004, 01:00 AM

As for Scarb TC I wouldn\'t be surprised if the \'rent a cops\' ask us to leave. But you East siders would know better. Besides if we actaully go into Jack\'s what can they say.

That\'s not a bad idea. At 4:00 pm, it won\'t be busy there and for those who would like to stay after the meet, we can eat at Jack Astor\'s and go cruising after we eat. If anyone comes, we can honestly tell them that we\'re going to Jack Astor\'s to eat. We can even make a reservation if enough people commit. This location is right off the 401 and will be very easy to find.

Kennedy Commons might not be so bad either. The parking lot where Chapters and TD Canada Trust is would be ideal. Since the bank closes at 3:00 pm, it would be pretty empty right beside the bank. And again, it\'s right off the 401.

miggiddy
07-19-2004, 09:12 AM
I just want to clarify. What time are we meeting again? I know at some point 10 AM was mentioned. Or are we going with the \'usual\' time of 4 PM?

xoom
07-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Kennedy Commons is a pretty good idea... huge relatively empty parking lot, and right beside the 401. Everyone will be able to see the horde of 3s from the highway.. hehe. But Jack\'s is good too I guess, though crowded it may be.

Xenon
07-19-2004, 09:35 PM
I think both Scarborough Town Centre and Kennedy Commons is good. Sourcursher made a good point about the bank closing.

If you want to combine the two ideas we can meet at Kennedy Commons, then cruise to Jack Astors for a bite to eat.

As for time of the meet, I think 4 PM is best. I did mention 10 AM, but that was only for a westside meet... just in case people wanted to come over to my place (in Oakville) for a swim.

Nothing says we can\'t hold another meet in the 3rd or 4th weekend of August again in the Westside if people want to cool off in my pool.

jimdragon8
07-20-2004, 08:38 AM
I just picked my car up Friday and ready to go to these meets, Kennedy Commons or Scarborough Town is good for me. If we are at Kennedy Commons, we will get more exposure when people are passing on the highway!!!:) And the parking lot is pretty big. Let me know what you guys decide

Hypothrml
07-20-2004, 02:42 PM
I think we should meet some where in the middle, so it will equal distance for both West and East to travel. Best place that someone already mention is in Woodbridge, in the AMC parking lot.

Snipes
07-20-2004, 02:43 PM
I can not make it to this meet but I know a lot of car meets happen in that area. If it isn\'t he AMC lot it\'s the Costco lot down at Weston and 7 or even the Colossus lot.

dinu01
07-20-2004, 05:07 PM
I\'m also OK to go to 400/7 and meet there.

10AM would have been nice, but 4\'s Ok too

Black3
07-20-2004, 06:34 PM
How about this idea, we should designate 3-4 locations for the meets. Each month decide which meet to attend, at least it makes it kinda fair for everyone.
I would prefer a miday meet in woodbridge, but if not would like to see a meet up in the north city at least once.

Xenon
07-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Hypothrml

I think we should meet some where in the middle, so it will equal distance for both West and East to travel. Best place that someone already mention is in Woodbridge, in the AMC parking lot.

It is unfair to the Eastside members. We have already had two car meets in the Westside. We are planning an eastside car meet to give those people in that area a break. After two more eastide meets, we will have a central one.

Originally posted by Black3

How about this idea, we should designate 3-4 locations for the meets. Each month decide which meet to attend, at least it makes it kinda fair for everyone.
I would prefer a miday meet in woodbridge, but if not would like to see a meet up in the north city at least once.

We\'re planning on doing that as soon as we find suitable locations in each area (West, East, Central/North). So far we have only had west meets. we want to have a designated area in each of the areas and then we will rotate locations.

dredd2099
07-20-2004, 11:57 PM
just to clarify

in KC
u CANNOT see straight thru the parking from the 401 collector
only relatively open lot to see from the road is in between chapters and TD bank
maybe at the side of AMC as well
or maybe u really can and i just dont notice
hehehehee
traffic is goin by at speed on the collectors too for them to notice much anywayz

at 4pm time of meet
parking spots have to be taken to consideration
since most of the businesses there remain open till 6pm

biggest usually open lot is in front of RONA

we usually meet up after business hours
no problems from rent a cops nor cops themselves
police station is right around the corner btw from KC

just an FYI
:)

loriderroo
07-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Alright I\'m down so just so I know that I\'m not totally nuts it\'s and Kennedy Commons @ 4:00pm. If possible a little map would help since I\'m coming in from Cambridge and we\'re all retarded in the 519... something in the tap water. Look forward to meeting y\'all.

Newlook
07-22-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by loriderroo

Alright I\'m down so just so I know that I\'m not totally nuts it\'s and Kennedy Commons @ 4:00pm. If possible a little map would help since I\'m coming in from Cambridge and we\'re all retarded in the 519... something in the tap water. Look forward to meeting y\'all.

I haven\'t been to Kenndy Commons yet. I\'m possitive that you take the 401 East, exit Kenndy Rd. and go straight through the lights when you exit the offramp.

Then, look for the TD bank? Or a bunch of Mazda 3s... :D

Newlook
07-22-2004, 07:00 AM

We\'re planning on doing that as soon as we find suitable locations in each area (West, East, Central/North). So far we have only had west meets. we want to have a designated area in each of the areas and then we will rotate locations.

Might as well, so we don\'t have to go through this \"where to meet\" process every month...

Xenon
07-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by loriderroo

I\'ll post maps and stuff on the first post in this thread when a location is confirmed.... Which it will be by this weekend. Looks like Kennedy Commons is winning.

Since the meet is in the east end, I want to get a West End Mini-meet & Cruise happening. We meet about an hour before the official meet, and cruise into the official meet all in a row. I think that would look good :D

dinu01
07-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Yes, and all the East Side folks, we\'ll need to meet so we can also have a cruise. J/K Not really...

We can meet at McCowan/401 and cruise to KC.

I just wanted to see the GLOW feature :)

Xenon
07-22-2004, 09:14 PM
well there will be a HUGE cruise, as per tradition, after the meet is over.

loriderroo
07-23-2004, 02:04 AM
Sounds good i\'m in for the pre meet for the WEST WEST Y\'ALL. Just give me the time and local and it\'s on like Nam.
Roo

xoom
07-23-2004, 02:53 PM
uh oh.. sounds like a bit of East vs West hostilities brewing. After the meet, the East can race the West for pride and glory. Either that, or we\'ll just park on opposite sides of the parking lot and stare each other down. :p

Snipes
07-23-2004, 02:55 PM
According to a poll that was held in this forum on MZ3 owner location the east vs the west was pretty much equally populated. I think the EAST would take it though JK :)

Xenon
07-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Well it\'s that time of the month.

I would like confirmation from members that the location of the KENNEDY COMMONS, with a 4:00 PM meeting time is alright with everyone.

Any objections should be mentioned my the evening of Sunday, July 25th, 2004. If no one objects we will confirm this spot as our official meet location.

If this location is confirmed, it will be officially announced to Mazda3 Forums and Mazda3 Team and begine the planning of the Eastside and Westside mini-pre-meets.

mikespike
07-24-2004, 12:31 AM
like i said before, the mazda miata club had there meetings there before.
we can cruise after down kennedy road or somewhere else

Xenon
07-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Meet location has been determined:

KENNEDY COMMONS

Westide pre-meet is being organized here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=340).

Grifter
07-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Kennedy Commons at 4pm, gotcha. Sounds good to me! ;)

dinu01
07-28-2004, 09:40 AM
I might bring my cousin - he has a 2000 A4 1.8T and wants to see what a fully loaded 3 looks like (ie: leather seats)

wtom
07-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Where exactly within Kennedy Commons lot? Or will this be determined upon arrival?

Don\'t forget your printed sheet of paper with

Real Name
TM3 Handle
Car Model/Trim/Mods

jimdragon8
07-28-2004, 11:02 AM
I\'ll be there too, can\'t wait.

MajesticBlueNTO
07-28-2004, 05:29 PM
can\'t make it, friend\'s wedding that day....see you guys at the next one (hopefully)

wtom
07-28-2004, 06:06 PM

can\'t make it, friend\'s wedding that day....see you guys at the next one (hopefully)

I believe this is your third strike... :D

MajesticBlueNTO
07-28-2004, 06:09 PM

I believe this is your third strike... :D

will the strikes allow me to get dealer affiliation status? :D

Xenon
07-28-2004, 06:37 PM
haha... sorry dude....

Come to at least one meet, and I\'ll push for an exception.

Soulcrusher
07-28-2004, 09:18 PM

Where exactly within Kennedy Commons lot? Or will this be determined upon arrival?

Real Name
TM3 Handle
Car Model/Trim/Mods

As per previous discussions, the best place is the parking lot right beside the TD Canada Trust building. This is on the same side as Chapters so if you\'re not familiar with Kennedy Commons, just remember Chapters and you\'ll be alright. The lot is not big and once you turn in towards Chapters, you can\'t miss TD Canada Trust.

midnightfxgt
07-28-2004, 11:46 PM
wish I could guys.... but I will be at the GFs cottage in Campbellford. I will come to future meets though.

~JOHN

wtom
07-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

wish I could guys.... but I will be at the GFs cottage in Campbellford. I will come to future meets though.

~JOHN

This is a good reason to miss a meet... hahahah

dredd2099
07-29-2004, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by midnightfxgt

~JOHN

This is a good reason to miss a meet... hahahah

heh
word!

Xenon
07-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Just a friendly reminder from your Events & Promo Co-Ordinator...

Meet #3 is on Saturday, August 7th, 2004!!! Many people have been thinking it was scheduled for July 31st. This is INCORRECT.

The meet was rescheduled for August 7th because of the Civic Holiday Weekend. Many members are planning on leaving town, so turn out would be poor. It was postponed to August 7th so that it could accomodate members\' schedule.

Once again, TM3 Meet #3 is on AUGUST 7TH 2004 and not on July 31st, the date change was previously discussed in this thread.

Xenon
07-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Don\'t forget an FRS Hand-held Radio if you have one!!! They are extremely useful for cruises!

dinu01
07-30-2004, 09:25 AM
I guess we\'ll tune it to \"3\" or \"3.23\" ? :)

Xenon
07-30-2004, 09:21 PM
We always use Channel 3. No Sub Channel.

Mazda3 = Channel 3. :D Just a small homage if you will.

Xenon
08-03-2004, 09:14 PM
I have keep reaching my PM limit with all the Qualifications for the Active Members List.

I will be bringing the list to the meet for members who have qualified for the list. You can fill out your information on the list there.

Grifter
08-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Crapola, I just remembered I have two softball games on that day...I can\'t make it!!!! :( :( :( Sorry guys, I\'ll see you at the next one :(

billyfo
08-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Do I need to register for going the meet? Hopefully I will go for my 1st.

Xenon
08-04-2004, 07:36 PM
You don\'t have to register for the meet, just show up at Kennedy Commons at 4 or if you live in the westside, Courtney park AMC parking lot at 3.

On a separate note:
Can I get someone to show up at Kennedy Commons around 3:30 - 3:45? Stake out a good spot :)

Derksen
08-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey guys, I can\'t make this one. You\'ll have to find another official 3 photographer. I have a tee-off for just after 4pm.

Xenon
08-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Boo you suck. :p

jimdragon8
08-07-2004, 07:59 AM
I am so PO right now. I brought the car in yesterday at 8:00 am to get the odometer fixed, they fixed it and than they said that they needed my second set of keys to reprogram the code on the chip so I can start my car. The dealer is in Etobicoke and I live in Scarborough!! :sarc They finally decide to cut me a new set of keys instead. The service guy calls Mazda Canada and there is no one there to give them a new code :( They originally said that it would be ready by 1 pm. At 2 pm I said that I had to be somewhere. They give me a loaner car with no gas in it!!!

I call them at 4:00 pm, they said that it will be Monday before the car is ready since there was no one there to give them a code!!!! First thing I thought of was, NOW I CAN\'T GO TO MY FIRST MAZDA 3 MEET WITH MY NEW CAR!!! I am very disappointed in how I have been treated, this was my first car and potentially many more with Mazda.

So in short, I will not be able to make it today. I hope next meet, there will be no problems! :)

dinu01
08-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Not good (Derksen and Jimdragon8).

I just plugged my battery charger now and will bring my digicam to the meet.

I\'m willing to take pics, but be aware I\'ll have to email them as I can\'t upload them anywhere BUT on 3forums.

Xenon
08-07-2004, 10:24 AM
I have plenty of space on my Picture Archive for pics...

Unfortunately, the server they are on is somewhat unreliable. They have a down time percentage of about 40%.

IT\'s a free server, so I\'m not going to complain, but I am looking for a new one.

billyfo
08-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Damn, I have to skip this meet also cause I have to work:(

so may be next one, end of this month?

Newlook
08-07-2004, 11:25 PM

Real Name
TM3 Handle
Car Model/Trim/Mods

That\'s why some of you guys got it on the dash... I just read it now :p
Sorry for not paying attention :p

Soulcrusher
08-08-2004, 01:44 AM
LOLZ - I read it, but I was in too much of a rush to take the time to write one up (yeah, yeah, I know - it only takes 20 seconds, but I was one of the last ones to show up)

Next meet, I promise (oh, I do reserve the right to renege on my promise though :p )

BTW, IMO this meet was the best one so far. Most of us went to Jack Astor\'s for dinner and we had a great time! Looking forward to even more people at the next meet!

Xenon
08-08-2004, 12:16 PM
This meet by far was the most successful.

I would like to thank the weather for holding up too. Dinner on the Patio of JA\'s was awesome!

Thanks to everyone who came. I\'ll be posting a summary soon.