PDA

View Full Version : Bad news from my dealership...

wtom
06-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Sales guy called me around 10am and said CP Rail are on a shortage with their trains (?) and my car is delayed. Jason states he does not know where my car exactly is but there is a delay and he has told me to give up to a maximum of two weeks.

F*CK!

Now I\'m really considering going with black (if they still have it on the lot with all the options and trim I want)...

This is ticking me off... it doesn\'t give a good impression for future service either from any Mazda dealership if it takes this freaking long just to get the car in.

Vent mode off.

bluntman
06-28-2004, 11:13 AM
I think the photo in the sales brochure that made me want to buy a Mazda 3 was the one of the black Sport GT, the one at the beach as sunrise/sunset with the hatch open. Black was my second colour choice, orange being my first. My previous vehicle was black so I know how difficult it is to keep clean, but when it does it looks incredible. Go for the black...if it\'s still there.

miggiddy
06-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Damn! Sorry to hear that. Someone here at work has a black sport, looks good, but not as good as my sedan :p Hope they have one in for you.

wtom
06-28-2004, 12:01 PM
bluntman - Yeah two of my friends have black cars and I find them washing it once a week. I don\'t think I\'ll be THAT committed after a few months.

miggiddy mack daddy - I saw pics of someone\'s black Sport before and I agree the Sedan looks better in the black colour than the black hatch.

I did call my sales guy (like the 20th time now since the first time I met him) and asked him what\'s on the lot... shocker; TITANIUM GRAY. Nothing else (in 5-MT, A/C, moonroof, cloth seats, sport GT).

I\'m going to wait for my Blue.

I asked him about MP3 player. He called me back after a few minutes and told me $500.00 + tax ( = $575) for the player and trim panel. Installation will be separate. I think I\'m still gonna order from Trussville instead. Even with 30% of customs/duties/taxes it will only be C$495. jeez...

Soulcrusher
06-30-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by wtom

I asked him about MP3 player. He called me back after a few minutes and told me $500.00 + tax ( = $575) for the player and trim panel. Installation will be separate.

That\'s bullsh*t about the installation. IMO they shouldn\'t be charging you for that. The panel isn\'t that hard to take off and the instructions that came with the mp3 player don\'t seem to be that difficult. I figure that someone with even a modicum of experience with car stereo installations can do it in under 20 minutes.

wtom
06-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Soulcrusher

That\'s bullsh*t about the installation. IMO they shouldn\'t be charging you for that. The panel isn\'t that hard to take off and the instructions that came with the mp3 player don\'t seem to be that difficult. I figure that someone with even a modicum of experience with car stereo installations can do it in under 20 minutes.

The whole price on the stock MP3 player is B$. Definitely shouldn\'t be charging but at least it\'s optional; they could be even more lower-life and force the installation on you if you buy any accessory.

I\'m still going to try the install myself... once I get my car and the MP3 player... whenever that will be.

Hopefully it doesn\'t mean I have to give up my July 10 with FX Auto...

sw0rdfish
06-30-2004, 09:56 AM

Hopefully it doesn\'t mean I have to give up my July 10 with FX Auto...

I\'ll have it :D I\'d much rather you get your car in time, but if you don\'t I\'ll take the spot if it\'s that hard to get an appointment. I was gonna call today

dinu01
06-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Or if he doens\'t want it, I\'ll take it too :)

dinu01
06-30-2004, 12:26 PM
I just booked 07/09 at 9AM - Saturdays are booked, but during the week it\'s fine

wtom
07-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by sw0rdfish

I\'ll have it :D I\'d much rather you get your car in time, but if you don\'t I\'ll take the spot if it\'s that hard to get an appointment. I was gonna call today

I\'ll call my dealership on Thursday 8th if I still don\'t have my car and let you know. I will call Wayne to give him the headsup that I wish to let you have the 10th @ 9am instead. Not sure if I\'ll need it but pls PM me your first and last name. :)

sw0rdfish
07-03-2004, 11:56 PM

I\'ll call my dealership on Thursday 8th if I still don\'t have my car and let you know. I will call Wayne to give him the headsup that I wish to let you have the 10th @ 9am instead. Not sure if I\'ll need it but pls PM me your first and last name. :)

Sal good.. Mig still had his appointment, for oddly enough.... the same day... so I\'m already booked for 9AM on the 10th :D... Thanks though

Xenon
07-03-2004, 11:58 PM

Sal good.. Mig still had his appointment, for oddly enough.... the same day... so I\'m already booked for 9AM on the 10th :D... Thanks though

Finally getting your tint?!? Congrats!!!

miggiddy
07-04-2004, 08:42 AM

Just wondering if you called them to confirm?

wtom
07-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Update, also posted in Mazda3Forums.com;

I just called the \"sales manager\" of my dealership. A little bit more helpful than my sales person...

One of the friends I ordered with on June 2nd is having the same luck as myself. Her car is ALSO stuck at Vancouver port with mine due to a shortage of CN Rail cargo trains.

Dealership will get a report/update by end of this week from CN Rail.

Two friends from our purchase group of five picked their cars off the lot. Myself and two girls ordered cars that were already on the boat in early June (May build dates). One of the girls is picking up her car today.

The remaining two of us are the unlucky duckies...

Grifter
07-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Man, that\'s tough luck, Warren! But just think of how much more appreciative you\'ll be when you get it! :p :p :p

wtom
07-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Grifter

Man, that\'s tough luck, Warren! But just think of how much more appreciative you\'ll be when you get it! :p :p :p

Yeah I totally agree with you. That and FINALLY being able to learn driving standard... hahahaha

miggiddy
07-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Yo wtom!

Any word? Is it still in Vancouver? I might be flying out to Vancouver next week maybe I can pick it up for you and drive it back ;)

Snipes
07-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Hey WTOM, I think that mine is stuck out there as well. I bought mine on June 22nd and the dealership continues to tell me that it\'s stuck in Vancouver and once it\'s on the train it will be 2 weeks before it gets to Toronto. Really starting to piss me off. All I want is my car :)

wtom
07-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Miggidy and Snipes, nope, no news yet. I\'m just going to keep thinking to myself it\'s in Vancouver Port. Don\'t want to upset/disappoint myself like last time, before the news about CN Rail shortage was advised.

I feel the same way, Snipes... all I want is my Mazda3!!! No, miggidy you can\'t touch my car. :)

miggiddy
07-13-2004, 03:26 PM
lol
Ok, if I see her, I\'ll tell her you say hello :p

Sorry to hear you guys are still waiting.

Dr Butcher
07-13-2004, 09:08 PM
I think I\'m in the same \"stuck in Vancouver club\". I signed the papers on mine last week and no news as of yet from Gyro. All I know is that as of Friday the 2nd my ride was out in BC as well.

Hopefully the wait won\'t be much longer. The worst part is that I go on vacation for 2 weeks starting the 27th. My fear is that it\'ll arrive a day before I leave or even worse, while I\'m gone..... :(

Xenon
07-13-2004, 09:12 PM
be careful of that butcher....

Some guy went on Vacation and they gave his car away to someone else... I read that on THIS forums actually....

Dr Butcher
07-16-2004, 12:11 PM
I had some help from head office finding me the exact car I was looking for. The g/f\'s mom works for head office and nabbed me one from the fleet before it hit a dealer lot. I phoned the dealer my car was being shipped to yesterday and it hadn\'t made it onto their fleet yet. I was a bit cheesed because I signed the papers on the 6th. It turns out the g/f\'s mom hasn\'t transferred the vehicle yet. D\'oh! Even worse, she\'s on vacation until Monday so she can\'t even do it until then.... I\'m going on vacation from the 27th until the 8th so now I am resigned to the fact that I more than likely won\'t have my car until the 9th of August at the earliest. All in all I\'ve been waiting for this car since around the middle of June, and this was supposedly the quickest wat to get what I was after....

If you\'re in the east end and hear a strange wailing sound, that\'ll be me......:D