PDA

View Full Version : All weather mats

FLIPDADY
07-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Mazda has brought out an updated floor mat clip to ensure proper fit of the all weather mats.

bluntman
07-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Is that a seperate purchase or does it come with the mats?

FLIPDADY
07-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Is that a seperate purchase or does it come with the mats?
You get it with the purchase of the mats no charge.:)

bluntman
07-10-2004, 09:40 AM
What about those who\'ve already bought the mats before the new hooks were available?

FLIPDADY
07-10-2004, 01:08 PM
They are supposed to be given to the customers at no extra charge. I know we do.;)

snipe
07-17-2004, 03:33 PM
I went to Westone Mazda today and asked about the All Weather Floor Mats and the clip fro them. I still don\'t have them and I want to get them. Anyways, the parts guy told me that there is nothing wrong with the clip and he hasn\'t heard anything about it. Out of curiosity I ask for a discount and all I\'d get would be 10%. I don\'t think I want to get my mats from that place if they\'re not going to give me the clip.

Xenon
07-18-2004, 12:54 AM
if you don\'t mind holding off, we are still negotiating a final deal with westowne mazda on a service & parts discount.

snipe
07-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

if you don\'t mind holding off, we are still negotiating a final deal with westowne mazda on a service & parts discount.

Hehe, I will definitely hold off for a bigger discount if possible. :)

bluntman
07-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Good news! I just picked up a set of All Weather mats today from Avante Mazda of Toronto. With the \"Club Discount\" the mats were about $89 before taxes. Joe (aka FLIPSPEED) included the clip as promised, but while at the parts counter he put me a little off by saying that you\'re supposed to cut the carpet and insert the clip. I got to my car an noticed that the carpet already had perforations for the clip. It makes sense since Mazda would use the same carpet on the 2.0L models as well as on the 2.3L cars. Installation was a cinch.

Xenon
07-25-2004, 02:41 PM
does that include 2 front ones? or a set of 4?

bluntman
07-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Four mats.

Xenon
07-25-2004, 07:26 PM
that\'s not bad at all....

I\'m assuming that means front and back ones. $89 huh? I think I\'ll visit Avante sometime before winter.

bluntman
07-25-2004, 08:57 PM
They\'re completely useless for winter. The mats lack any sort of \"reservoir\" for snow or slush and they any sort of raised edge to keep anything off of the carpet. I bought them strictly for the summer as I didn\'t like the carpetted mats that came with the car.

Xenon
07-25-2004, 09:26 PM
oic.... question:

The cloth mats have a pad made of a harder cloth to prevent wear from the heel of your foot below the pedals. Are the mats made of rubber? do they have anything that will make them harder to wear from the movement of your heel?

If possible can you include a pic of the mats? (Driver side please)

Soulcrusher
07-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

They\'re completely useless for winter. The mats lack any sort of \"reservoir\" for snow or slush and they any sort of raised edge to keep anything off of the carpet. I bought them strictly for the summer as I didn\'t like the carpetted mats that came with the car.

Man, good thing you mentioned this. I was planning to buy the all-weather mats to use during the winter, but since it\'s not going to help collect the snow and water, I\'ll be better off going to Crappy Tire and buying it there. A bonus will be that it\'ll cost much less, too. I\'m actully quite fine with the stock floor mats for the spring/summer/fall seasons.

Xenon
07-29-2004, 08:48 PM
How are they \"All Weather\" if they are useless in winter :sarc

bluntman
07-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Obviously, the one who named these mats \"All Weather Floor Mats\" had never experienced a Canadian winter.

Xenon
07-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Probably Americans :p

the Japanese know winter... Northern Japan get snow...

Derksen
08-13-2004, 11:46 AM
I got a call that my new clip is in stock. I\'ll let you guys know how it works out.

wtom
08-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Derksen

I got a call that my new clip is in stock. I\'ll let you guys know how it works out.

Consider that your Birthday present from all of us. :D

Happy Birthday, Derek!

Soulcrusher
08-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Now how did you know it was his birthday? Are you secretly admiring him, wtom???? LOLZ, j/k.

Happy Birthday, Derksen. Jeez, you\'re just a young pup :p

bluntman
08-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Birthdays are listed at the bottom of Forum Index.

Xenon
08-15-2004, 08:34 PM
only on the day of though... I think

snipe
10-01-2004, 10:29 PM
So I picked up my All Weather Floor Mats from Westowne finally and the parts guy there was clueless. I aksed him about the clip and he said the mats are fine. I bought them anyways cause I can\'t wait any longer. Then I took him outside and showed it to him. So he decides to basically move the clip over by re-drilling another hole. No way. I left there a bit ticked-off. Right now I just have the mats sitting with no hook. I think I want the hook though because the drive side mat rides up just a little bit.

Flipseed, if I were to drop down by Avante, would I be able to pick up one of the proper hooks?

FLIPDADY
10-05-2004, 01:07 PM
There is an updated clip, the parts guy there probably doesn\'t know what it\'s for. Mazda sent clips to every dealer because they knew there was a fitment issue. Give him this part number and see what he says. If you have a problem come by the dealership and I\'ll give you one.

Part# BTAC-68-685

billyfo
10-05-2004, 05:42 PM
everyone saying that they have clip for the carpet, but I checked the floor, nothing there, only a hole at the carpet. so where does the clip mounted?

bluntman
10-05-2004, 08:04 PM
The clip attaches to the carpet in the floor of the car. The carpet is already perforated for the clip.