PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Mazda

super_vixen
07-16-2004, 12:05 PM
I\'m probably the only person who has gone here so far on this board. I originally took my test drive at Whitby Mazda, but after going back a couple week later to talk business, the same sales guy who I had dealt with was being a bit too pushy when it came to buying this demo on the lot. Maybe extra commission, I don\'t know. He kept giving me roundabout answer, and didn\'t have any definite ideas on arrival times for cars. Kept saying put down $500 and we\'ll do a search for you. No way! He then proceeded to call me a couple days later asking \"what was up\"...haha nice try!

After pushy man at Whitby, I went over to Ajax Mazda and was greeted by 2 sales people (one is the sales manager there). They were nice and went and got their shipment list and found out exactly when a car with my options was due in. They spent an extra 30 min. after closing with me, which is more than some wil do.
I went in the next night ready to make a deal. The sales manager was gone, so I went with the other guy who had been there the night previous. Took my mom for a drive in one to show her...got my car appraised for trade out of curiosity.
Then he started to write up the deal. I\'m paying cash for my car, so I had hoped they\'d swing me a deal. But he was very adamant that the 3\'s don\'t have a lot of markup and Mazda keeps the price low so there would be very little room to move. After an hour of negotiations with the other manager there, we got something we liked, and signed the papers. By this point it is already an hour after closing (10pm). We and the sales man were cranky and tired. He finally gave me back my keys but had yet to return my ownership from my car. He comes back with a photocopy and then leaves again. My mother, being in insurance says \"he doesn\'t need that\" and then folds it up inside her notebook. He comes back and I ask for my ownership and he says he just had it and starts to shuffle thru his papers on his desk and mumbles something about a photocopy. My mother immediately gets defensive and says \"photocopy? no, where is the original?\" To which the salesguy says \"No, we keep the original because its written as a tentative trade on the contract (not finalized incase i sell before i get the car). My mother says \"no, its not a solid deal, we aren\'t leaving here without that ownership\". By this point my mother is pissed ,and the salesguy is starting to get all bitchy.

To make a long story short -- They don\'t NEED that ownership. If the deal is not final, then keeping it is useless. They can take a photocopy until I find out how I\'m selling it. That and it going to be at least 3 weeks before I get my car, so I don\'t want to be driving around without my ownership (and only a photocopy) on the off chance I get pulled over. It was ridiculous the way this salesman was acting. We did get it back. We also argued the point that if the car sells before then, I shouldn\'t have to go back to Ajax to get the ownership and seeing as how they\'re closed on Sundays, it wouldn\'t always work out. Haha..the Mazda guy had the nerve to say \"well the ministry isn\'t open on SUnday anyways\"...wtf? That is completely irrelevant, you can still make deals on Sundays with prospective buyers.

I was highly unimpressed with him at that point, but otherwise things went ok. He\'s a young guy (probably about my age), so he has a different attitude than most salesman I\'ve dealt with. I\'m almost scared to call him to ask questions, because I might be that \"bitch\"...I just don\'t want anything with this car to go sour because of the situation.

Anyways..thats my rant about that. This happen to anyone else on trade-ins?

FLIPDADY
07-16-2004, 05:09 PM
He\'s gotta be a newbie, if your sale wasn\'t finalized yet then he has no right to keep your original ownership. I would have walked out of there and never came back but that\'s just me. I hope they treat you better when you pick up your car. Your always welcome here at Avante.:D

super_vixen
07-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

He\'s gotta be a newbie, if your sale wasn\'t finalized yet then he has no right to keep your original ownership. I would have walked out of there and never came back but that\'s just me. I hope they treat you better when you pick up your car. Your always welcome here at Avante.:D

Unfortunately there are only the 2 dealers close to me. If I had known that this would happen, I wouldn\'t have gone there. But I know they have the car I want coming in, so I have to stick it out. Its too hard to get the 3\'s now, and I can\'t drive across the GTA to get a car.

Regarding hte ownership, he kept insisting that \"we do it all the time, blah blah blah\" and even had the dealership manager saying the same thing. She finally gave in and gave it back, but he was sure pissed off.

But I\'ll know that if Ajax really pisses me off, I\'m going elsewhere.

midnightfxgt
07-16-2004, 06:09 PM
I wasnt a fan of Ajax... I delt with an East Indian guy who was nice, but pushy and uninformed.. He wouldnt budge on price. I delt with Mark at whiotby and woulda went back in a second if Morningside didnt drop $1600 off MSRP. Where abouts are you? Pickering, ajax, whitby?

~JOHN

super_vixen
07-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

I wasnt a fan of Ajax... I delt with an East Indian guy who was nice, but pushy and uninformed.. He wouldnt budge on price. I delt with Mark at whiotby and woulda went back in a second if Morningside didnt drop $1600 off MSRP. Where abouts are you? Pickering, ajax, whitby?

~JOHN

I live in Oshawa...I dealt with Jesse at Whitby (pushy and also my age) and Mark at Ajax, who was nice until the end.

I was able to get tint, all weather mats, $100 off on top of my $600 grad discount.

midnightfxgt
07-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Cool... yeah basically thats roughly what most places were offering. Morningside said $1000 off and my grad discount. Mark in Whitby wouldnt do it, so I left. I liked him better as a salesman, but $1000 is $1000. Maybe for a $100 I woulda stayed lol.

Where did you graduate from? My bets Durham! :p Everyone in the area goes there.

~JOHN

super_vixen
07-16-2004, 08:05 PM

Cool... yeah basically thats roughly what most places were offering. Morningside said $1000 off and my grad discount. Mark in Whitby wouldnt do it, so I left. I liked him better as a salesman, but $1000 is $1000. Maybe for a $100 I woulda stayed lol.

Where did you graduate from? My bets Durham! :p Everyone in the area goes there.

~JOHN

haha..yes I did. I graduated 2 years ago. No sense in spending more money on residence and driving when I can stay local. :)

midnightfxgt
07-17-2004, 12:01 AM
HAHA knew it! :p I just graduated this year... solid school I guess and local. Saved a ton.

~JOHN

super_vixen
07-17-2004, 12:19 AM

HAHA knew it! :p I just graduated this year... solid school I guess and local. Saved a ton.

~JOHN

Graduated from Durham? or from another school?

What program, if you don\'t mind my asking?

midnightfxgt
07-17-2004, 10:17 AM
I just finished a 3yr Computer Systems course. It was OK i guess. How bout yourself?

~JOHN

super_vixen
07-17-2004, 10:40 AM

I just finished a 3yr Computer Systems course. It was OK i guess. How bout yourself?

~JOHN

I graduated from the 3 year graphic design course. It was a hellish course, and I never thought I\'d get a job, but I did.

Dr Butcher
07-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Hmm, come to think of it Gyro has the ownership to my truck right now. What I was told was that the yellow copy of the papers you get when you sign for your car is proof of ownership of your current vehicle. I guess they need the ownership to do a transfer of title for when you trade your car in and pick up the new one. When I went to Morningside, the salesman stapled my ownership to his pile of papers right off the bat. This pissed me off because I thought it was pretty cocky, I didn\'t say I was going to make a deal at any time.... When I got my trade offer I basically walked out. He had to chase me down with his papers and a staple remover to give it back to me...

super_vixen
07-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

Hmm, come to think of it Gyro has the ownership to my truck right now. What I was told was that the yellow copy of the papers you get when you sign for your car is proof of ownership of your current vehicle. I guess they need the ownership to do a transfer of title for when you trade your car in and pick up the new one. When I went to Morningside, the salesman stapled my ownership to his pile of papers right off the bat. This pissed me off because I thought it was pretty cocky, I didn\'t say I was going to make a deal at any time.... When I got my trade offer I basically walked out. He had to chase me down with his papers and a staple remover to give it back to me...

Sounds awfully familiar. I can completely understand, because they did it to my friend who bought a Protege 5 last year, but hers was used, and it was a trade that was a for sure deal. She didn\'t have to wait 2-3+ weeks for her car, so she handed over the ownership until the trade in which was 3 days later.
I had the management at the dealer write up a clause into my contract for the car, basically saying that if I\'m unhappy with the car when it arrives, that I want my deposit back, and also just the general clause about the trade in, incase I sell it privately. But no way in hell do they need that for weeks and weeks in advance. Especially if there is going to be even MORE of a delay beyond the 3 weeks. I\'d be happy to drop off the ownership once my car arrives.

The guy stapled my ownership to his file also, because when I got it back there were large holes thru the middle (also not pleased about that).

One of the main reasons I hate dealers...they always pull out these new useless tactics.

idreamofmazda
07-22-2004, 12:25 PM
I tried to make a deal with Ajax, offer nothing for my trade, and it was hard to leave, as they didn’t want me to go. Ended up making a deal with another dealer. I remember someone stapling my ownership with a stack of papers, before any deal was made, but since I seen so many, can’t remember whom.

Big__M
09-05-2004, 03:11 PM
I\'m from the oshawa area as well. We dont have much of an option when it comes to excellent service. I ended up buying my car from whitby (Todd was the sales guy). I didn\'t get anything off the MSRP, nor did I get any bonuses like tint etc, I even paid cash for the car!!!!!! He did however kindly give me free lock nuts, LOL. I have taken my car to whitby twice for service and I will never go back. Everytime I go there nothing gets fixed and they take their sweet ass time. I have decided to take my car to Ajax for repairs as they have been extreamely good thus far. I love this car but mazda dealers really suck compared to other brands.

snipez
09-29-2004, 01:52 AM
if u guyz/galz dont mind but what did yal pay for ur 3s after taxes???
....todd from whitby he the younger guy chubby build???

Dr Butcher
09-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Big__M
I love this car but mazda dealers really suck compared to other brands.

Until I got my truck in \'96 I\'d dealt mainly with GM cars and their service was pretty sketchy as well. The past couple of years I\'ve had this guy show up to my house selling 4 oil changes for $30 for any model of car through the Hogan dealership. Every time I show up with the family\'s cars I hear the service guy yell \"We\'ve got a door to door!\". With thse oil changes you get \'free\' inspections on various parts of the car, they\'re looking to make money on other things while you\'re getting your oil changed. I took a Chavy Malibu in before I took it out east this summer. After their \'brake inspection\' they said the brakes checked out ok, on the way home from the trip the right front brake pad had worn so badly it was non existant. I had to do a complete front end brake job because the rotor was screwed. Since then I\'ve taken it back and they\'ve told me I need a head gasket because of a \'sweat\' on the outside of the engine..... You go guy! Look for the easy jobs where you can make serious cash and neglect the stuff that can save lives.....

Saphress
10-07-2004, 05:54 PM
I didn\'t like Ajax Mazda too much. The girl was nice that helped me out and stuff but she couldn\'t deal with not much of a mark up. I swear we stood there negotiating for about 2 hours (not including the test drive which we took for a good 45 minutes).... She wanted to mark the 3 up by 900 and no less... and she was getting kinda testy with my buddy cuz he just sat there all cool and calm with a calculator in his hand punching numbers saying \"I know you can do better than that\"... (I almost pissed my pants) he face started turning red and I swear for a 25 year old ... I was gonna see a temper tantrum.

lasciate
11-02-2005, 03:42 PM
I bought my 3 at Ajax Mazda.

I was a tad leery coz this dealership is also owned by the company that owns Ajax Nissan, Pickering Honda and Acura East. Its actually in the old Acura East building..

My deal went well (in and out in about 30 mins) as I was determined to get something done quickly and my trade was super clean (an 02 Acura EL with 36K on the clock). I knew exactly what the EL was worth thru some research and these guys beat my most optimistic expectation...that really helped. If you have difficulty getting a price reduction I\'m not suprised as the car is a real hot seller, N.American sales were up 42% over October 2004. They know you want it so they price it accordingly, otherwise go buy a focus zxr.

The dealership was thorough at delivery and didn\'t mess me around...I like to be quick about these things. Took it in for its first service last w/e with tire rotation and in and out in 36 minutes and on a Saturday too.
The dealerships isn\'t the best looking and parking is horrific but I\'m happy so far..

I\'ve had no problems with the car, except being blue its a target for seagulls.

One thing to watch for is floor mats getting caught under the break pedal...this makes it real hard to stop..

TheProfessor
11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by lasciate

One thing to watch for is floor mats getting caught under the break pedal...this makes it real hard to stop..

How is that even happening.....the mats clip to the floor so they can\'t slide under the pedals. Perhaps yours is not clipped on?

super_vixen
11-03-2005, 10:41 PM
I have the all weather mats, and mine have never stayed on the clip. Mine get stuck under the pedals and on many occassions during acceleration, i have to reach down and pull the mat out, because the pedal (gas) becomes jammed.

Not safe at all.

SourcE
11-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey Vixen,

What car seat did you find to get an extra 10 ponies out of the car......?

I\'m in the market :D

super_vixen
11-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by SourcE

Hey Vixen,

What car seat did you find to get an extra 10 ponies out of the car......?

I\'m in the market :D

haha...I have an Eddie Bauer car seat that matches my winning blue paint! :D

TheProfessor
11-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by super_vixen

I have the all weather mats, and mine have never stayed on the clip. Mine get stuck under the pedals and on many occassions during acceleration, i have to reach down and pull the mat out, because the pedal (gas) becomes jammed.

Not safe at all.

Okay fine, but he/she did not indicate they had the all weather mats, so I\'m assuming they are the stock cloth ones, and those have never moved in either of our 3\'s.

x_o_k_x
03-19-2008, 10:00 PM
hmmm.. I guess Im the only one that left happy from Ajax Mazda. I had really great experience with them. The guy that dealt with me was like a friend. He even burned me a cd to listen on the way back. Also they installed new windshiled for free and since I could only go 80km/h with new windshiled, he made me a map on how to get onto hwy7 since I live in Ottawa. Car was great, got full tank of gas..Got everything done in 1 day with a good deal on GT

mazdathree
04-20-2008, 06:09 PM
I got my mine from ajax mazda in the summer of 2006 and had no problems dealing with the then sales guy over there....he was quite nice....the only thing I didnt like was that the guy was trying to sell me a demo car that had about 500Km on it....probably because I was going to lease it....I took the car for test drive and found out that it was misused by people and therefore I told him that Im only going to get it if it was untouched and zero milleage on it....and after telling him that he was trying to say that he may not have that colour and combination in the parking lot and all I said is that get me one and only then I'll go for it :chuckle

He had no choice and had to look for it and come back in 10 mins to tell me that he had 2 of a kind in the parking lot :bana2

Anyhow...I got the car from them but didnt service with them since then as I moved to Peterborough (for work reasons) and am getting my car serviced over here in Peterborough

huyzel
05-09-2008, 02:17 AM
I replaced the "Ajax Mazda" plate frames on the wife's car with my MoT plate covers
:)

06GT
05-09-2008, 07:18 PM
i went there in october to look at a "brand new" 2006 mazda3. apparently it had been missed when they were getting rid of the '06's for the '07's. there was an ad in the paper that week for 0% on this 06, when we went, they had no paper work regarding the car even being there and told me the flyer didn't apply to that car. which i thought was weird seeing as it was the only one there and described EXACTLY in the flyer (which was posted everywhere in the dealership.) anywho. talked to a guy and a manager about my trade in value. here's where it got fun.

1st - $600.00, i laughed.

2nd - $1000.00, i laughed again.

3rd - $1500.00, told them that cobourg honda offered me $7500.00. said they would see
what they can do.

4th - $1800.00. said that was the best they could do. informed them that that was a difference of $5700.00.

5th - $2000.00, told them that was not good enough. they said it was the absolute best they could do. so i said thanks, but i will by used. they said to hold on.

6th - $2200.00, said they could go no higher than that, so i said i still couldn't do it, for the difference in the cars. told i appreciate the effort, but i will buy the other one. they told me all the problems with buying a used one. i told them i would take my chances. they said to hold on.

7th - $2600.00, this was the best they could do......again... told them no thanks and finally left. don't know how the best they could do, get's you 4 different prices.

the difference in the cars was this-

'06 GT - tint, bug deflector, 17's, GFX kit, leather, moonroof, 6-disc, 37,000kms
give me $7500.00 on trade-in.

'06 GS - 600kms
give me $2600.00 on trade-in.

i went used...

Donutz
05-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I replaced the "Ajax Mazda" plate frames on the wife's car with my MoT plate covers

Nice mod! jk!

I called Ajax about a used MSP6 they had listed. The sales guy called me back and left a voicemail saying he was available and to call him. When I called back and got put through to his vm, so I asked a few questions about the car; I never heard back from him. I even followed up w/ an email.

I assume they didn't want my business. D!nks.

Jeff-TheBiz
05-10-2008, 09:34 AM
3rd - $1500.00, told them that cobourg honda offered me $7500.00. said they would see
what they can do.

Why not just bring your car to Cobourg Honda and sell it directly to them without buying a new one.

Even if you say just gimme $6000 for it, and keep the other $1500, you are $3000 better than what the other guy offered.

06GT
05-12-2008, 06:13 PM
i ended up dealing with honda. and now i have my 3. so it was all good. just kind of annoying when i went to ajax.

2007mazda3boy
05-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Well I do not know much about the sales guy there but the mac guy Steve
he is the man. Trust me he knows wut he doing.

super_vixen
05-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I just wanted to post since I started taking my car to Ajax Mazda for service (after being let down many times by Whitby Mazda). I purchased my car at Ajax, which you can read about on the first page, but I've had very little to do with them for service.

I've had my car in there numerous times in the past 6 months for repairs that seem to never end, and I'm getting more and more frustrated by them. I won't name names in the story.

From the rude way I've been spoken to, to the things that are said and never done. I'm so fed up. I went in last week to have a few things checked out, including shaking when braking, my hatch not opening and a rough idle. I also had my oil pipe recall done.

Took my car in for 9am and she said they hoped to have my car back by noon. I got a call at 10am to tell me that all my brakes front and back were gone and unsafe. I said go ahead. She also said that they had to do some downloads to my car, which would be charged at an hour labour ($98+tax). The brakes ran me $1100 or so.

She then said that my car should be ready no later than 3pm. I got my ride to drop me off at 3pm and I saw my car sitting in the lot, so I figured it was done. Get inside, tell her who I am (again), and she said oil pipe is done, brakes are done, parts ordered for the hatch, downloads are done, but they hadn't gotten around to diagnosing the idle yet. They decided to take my car out for a bit so they could do oil changes instead and she said, they would take it back inside in 10 minutes...to DIAGNOSE. Not fix...DIAGNOSE. I'm sorry, but my car had been sitting there for 6 hours. She KNEW I had to be out of there by 3pm to get to work.

I told her that I couldn't wait, and I would have to come back another time. She told me that I could do so when I come back to get the hatch fixed. Then she said it will take her another 10 minutes to finish off the bill. I've never been to a dealer where it takes them that long to do a bill either. I asked if my extended warranty covers the hatch and she got pissy with me because "I need to tell her ahead of time if I have an extended warranty, not now". Well, I've had the car 4 years...never had to USE the extended warranty. How was *I* supposed to know that I had to tell you ahead of time. How was I supposed to know that it doesn't show up on your end?

She said she would call me this week and let me know when the parts were in and check on the warranty.

Got the message today that the parts were in. Called her back after dinner to check on the warranty and book an appointment. I start to explain who I am and she's giving me this tone on the phone of "I don't know who the hell you are...".

Her: "so are you calling to book an appt?".
Me: "No, I'm calling to check if the hatch issue is covered under warranty".
Her: "Well, Mazda closes at 4pm, so I can't communicate with them about that now"
Me: "Well, wasn't this supposed to be done when we spoke last week? You said you would find that out BEFORE you called me today"
Her: "Well, Mazda is closed at 4, so I can't do that"
Me: *bashing head against the wall*
Her: "You'll have to call me back tomorrow and I can check for you"
Me: "I'm leaving on a business trip so I don't know if I'll be able to call you"
Her: "Well you can call me when you get back and we'll worry about it then"
Me: Thinking - I wanted to figure this out AHEAD of time, so I can book my appointment for when I am DUE to return..not get home, call you, wait and then book an appointment in another 2 weeks. I kinda need to USE MY HATCH.

Considering I dropped over $1200 that day alone, and I'm expecting to pay another $300 for the hatch fix, and god knows what else for the rough idle if they find anything wrong...I expect them to at least do what they say they will, not put my car outside so they can do some $50 oil changes. I understand that they have a lot of customers that are important, but maybe they are overbooking themselves if they can't handle it. It takes about 1.5 weeks to get an appointment there, so something isn't right.

Apparently all of Durham Region has useless Mazda dealers. This isn't the first time I've had something like this happen before. I took my car in during the winter for a problem, was PROMISED it would be ready by 11 (car went in at 8), so I could go home and pick my son up from school. They continued to promise it would be ready "in another 10 minutes" for another hour. Needless to say, I was pissed. Had to pay someone else to pick up my son for me.

If gas wasn't so expensive I've be driving into Scarb. or Toronto to have everything dealt with, since I've had great experience with Scarboro before. I just can't leave myself stranded like that.

I guess there's a reason I started looking at buying a Honda last night :S

Noisy Crow
05-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Are there no other repair shops in the area? You are under no obligation to get things like brakes done at the dealer. You can have them done by any certified mechanic without fear of voiding your warranty.

The shop I take my cars to is really good. If they find something that is broken that is under warranty they take my car over the the dealer, get it fixed, and bring it back. It sometimes costs a bit of money (I get charged for the diagnosis which would happen for free if I took it to the dealer) but these guys have saved me buckets of money over the years, so I don't mind.

super_vixen
05-23-2008, 03:11 AM
Are there no other repair shops in the area? You are under no obligation to get things like brakes done at the dealer. You can have them done by any certified mechanic without fear of voiding your warranty.

The shop I take my cars to is really good. If they find something that is broken that is under warranty they take my car over the the dealer, get it fixed, and bring it back. It sometimes costs a bit of money (I get charged for the diagnosis which would happen for free if I took it to the dealer) but these guys have saved me buckets of money over the years, so I don't mind.

I called around to 4 other places (non-Mazda) before I agreed for Ajax to do it, and sadly, Ajax was the cheapest. I've never feared voiding my warranty, since I'm only on extended now anyways. I've had work done elsewhere in the past. But apparently brakes are stupid expensive everywhere for this car.

midnightfxgt
05-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Yikes! Thats a pricey brake job. Almost $100/hour adds up fast!

I will never ever ever step foot in that dealership again. Same issues... nothing fixed anywhere near the ETA, parts taking a week or more to get in, rude, etc. I ordered pads and rotors, and it was almost 2 weeks to get them in. Now that I have a friend in Agincourt Mazda Parts dept, I know it doesnt take that long! Not to mention they destroyed my splash sheild and refused to fix it.... 45mins of fighting with the usless manager fixed that.

Those are just issues with my car. The Fiancee's mothers car is another story where they continuously drop the ball, and dont care.

-John

super_vixen
06-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Another letdown at Ajax Mazda today -

Appt. at 9am to have my hatch fixed and to get them to diagnose my idle issues.

Walked in and told her I was there, and she asked the mileage. I had forgotten to check when I got out of the car, I ran back outside in the rain and came in to tell her. I have the memory of a gnat, so I told her the mileage, thinking she was paying attention to me...she didn't type anything in for about 30 seconds, so I glance down and she's text messaging someone on her cell phone. In front of me. WTF?

Then she finally finishes, and says "sorry, what did you say?" I think my jaw dropped. I'm sorry - but I think ANYONE who works knows better than to do that in front of people. That is HIDEOUS customer service.

She tells me to call her when I'm done work to check on the car, which I did around 2:30pm. She tells me that the hatch is done and that they had diagnosed the car and it needs some purge valve which will be $150 with parts and labour, but she has to check if its covered by my extended warranty. She says to call at 4:30 to see if its ready. 10 minutes later I get another call saying that the valve isn't covered by warranty, and the car now also needs new spark plugs. That'll be another $130 or so. I say go ahead. She says come pick up the car at 5pm.

Then I get ANOTHER call at 4:10 saying that I have a broken engine mount which needs to be fixed. She asks if I can leave the car overnight and she still has to check if the extended warranty will cover that. I had to EXPLICITLY ask when the car will be ready, since they never live up to that. She says it will be ready by 11am (I have to leave for an appt. in Toronto at 1pm).

So now my car is still at Mazda. I find it very fishy that my car sat there for 8 hours today and it wasn't until 4:30 that they found the broken engine mount. In the span of 2 hours they found 3 extra things wrong with my car which have now amounted to more than $300 in repairs. Lord knows how much the engine mount and labour will cost if it isn't covered.

I'm thinking it's about time I wrote a letter to Mazda Canada about the service I've received at Whitby and Ajax. My car has easily cost me $5000+ since December alone. I could have put that money into a new car instead!

huyzel
06-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Damn... one problem after another. jeez.
Definately tell Mazda Canada how unhappy you are.
Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had.
I went to the service department for the first time 2 years ago and walked out after 5minutes of talking to the lady at the service desk. (I had an appointment for oil change)

midnightfxgt
06-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Sam and the other woman are brutal to deal with! I wish I could get my future mother in law to stop going there, but she likes the convenience.

-John

Cirrus
06-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Sheesh... I feel your pain.

I just picked up a couple of Mazda3's within the last month from Ajax mazda.
A 2008.5 sport gx in Cosmo Grey and a 2008.5 in Metro Grey. I should have read here first.

CG one has gone back for bad passenger glass. Had an appointment found out when calling at the end of the day they didn't even order the glass. What are all these stickers on the visors and #4 stickers on the taillights about anyways? Taken back in because the rust protection wasn't installed apparently Mazda wasn't installing the electronic rust pmodules beacuse it was frying computers in cars.

MG one picked up on Saturday, still pulling plastic stickers off of places like the radio and that stupid plastic on the floor. Took me a few minutes to figure out how the floor mat clip goes in. I'm waiting to hear from Brad over there why something that was suppose to come with this car wasn't installed either.

seems like they're your best friends until they have your money then they could care less.

midnightfxgt
06-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Bingo! :)

Bean
06-04-2008, 05:22 PM
seems like they're your best friends until they have your money then they could care less.

Sounds like Dave Wood Mazda

FoXy
06-05-2008, 08:29 PM
You know what? I tried phoning there today and the service manager Kim was out and out rude to me on the phone, never mind the fact that i was on hold for almost 10 minutes. Really, they aren't accomidating at all. I work 9-5, its not rocket science here ppl.

Honestly I was pretty bitter about it after that. I think I need to find another dealership.

I need to have the head unit for my stereo replaced (due to it being defective). Anyone know a better dealer to take it to?? I bought my car in muskoka but theres no way in hell I am driving 2 hours up there lol. I am way to busy for that!!

RallyPlaya
06-05-2008, 10:41 PM
You know what? I tried phoning there today and the service manager Kim was out and out rude to me on the phone, never mind the fact that i was on hold for almost 10 minutes. Really, they aren't accomidating at all. I work 9-5, its not rocket science here ppl.

Honestly I was pretty bitter about it after that. I think I need to find another dealership.

I need to have the head unit for my stereo replaced (due to it being defective). Anyone know a better dealer to take it to?? I bought my car in muskoka but theres no way in hell I am driving 2 hours up there lol. I am way to busy for that!!

Go To MOT (Mazda of Toronto) they are the best Dealership by Far IMO.... W/e i go there they take care of me and they treat TM3 members like VIP.... PM thebiz or Flipdady to set an appointment up

midnightfxgt
06-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Mazda of Toronto
Agincourt (mixed reviews, but mine have been ok)
Dave Wood Mazda
Whitby Mazda is mixed also.

super_vixen
06-06-2008, 01:50 AM

Kim (who is the one I speak about in all my posts) is NOT a service MANAGER. She is a service ADVISOR (glorified receptionist). She is the one who was texting on her phone yesterday. She is the one who has been rude to me EVERY time I take my car in there. Apparently spending a fortune to fix a car doesn't mean you will be treated with any ounce of respect.

Scarboro Mazda is amazing! If you are looking for a new place to go, give them a try at least. I have received great treatment, fast service and way better knowledge from them when I had issues last summer. The main reason I don't keep going there is that I work 3 jobs and getting the time off is hard. Ajax/Whitby are close enough that I don't have to take a whole day off or arrange for other people to pick my child up from school. DO NOT GO TO WHITBY!

However - if I choose to keep my car (which I'm looking into selling right now)...I will have to figure out how I can get my car seen at Scarboro again.

Bean
06-06-2008, 08:40 AM
last time I was at Dave Wood, they were checking out Facebook instead of working. (Service Advisors that is)

spyder
06-19-2008, 12:33 AM
I folks I have also had some very poor experiences at Ajax Mazda but I have minimized that problem by only speaking to specific people to get work done on my MS3 which I also bought from Kelly at Ajax. First of all Steve the Tech at Ajax is a MS3 owner and knows a ton about M3's. You can specifically ask for a Tech but that may mean a less prompt appointment date. Jeff Thompson is the Service Manager and I only deal with him after a few issues with another service advisor mentioned in an earlier post. Sam another service advisor is very pleasent young lady that is also a licensed mechanic so she does know her stuff but I still perfer dealing with Jeff. I know I am anal (or thorough as some call it) with my car so I always print out a list of my concerns with my car and that seems to help communicate to the tech what I am noticing because sometimes the service advisors translate stuff into what they think.

Anyway that is my 2 cents and so far I have been happy with them for over a year.

Cheers!

Spyder

DumpInfo
06-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Ok, so I recently got my oil change and other work done at MoT. The service was great can't complain however I'm driving from Whitby and it's quite the drive just for an oil change. So with comments here Whitby Mazda is a place to avoid any other places in which are good coming from the East End?

DumpInfo
06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
ok so I've been reading from other threads for a basic oil change Whitby is an okay place to go. Guess I'll give it a shot next time and let you guys know how it went :)

super_vixen
06-19-2008, 06:31 PM
If you're sticking with Mazda for oil changes, you only have Ajax or Whitby to choose from in the east end. Whitby is faster, yes, but I hate their service dept (well I don't like Ajax either - so take that how you will). Just take good account of your car before you leave it there. Mine came out of regular service with 2 blown headlights and they blamed me and made ME pay for it.

06Touring3
06-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Wow it's been a while since i've posted....

But I purchased my 3 at Whitby 2 years ago, and I still go to them out of convenience (I live in courtice). I haven't had any issues so far with service since I haven't needed any major repairs (my brakes and tires are now both shot but I purchased aftermarket brakes (EBC) that are being changed by my friend that is a mechanic....Parts - Labour = awesome!) but the sales department always gave me the impression that they don't care about YOU at all. Just your $. It's very unsettling to go in to finalize your purchanse and you don't even get the impession that they're happy for you that you're picking up your new car, or they're just happy that they have your business ($)

DumpInfo
08-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Got up nice and early (Saturday) thinking I was getting my oil done @ Whitby but as I arrive front desk told me they only handle them by appointments (was shocked cause I woke up so early too :bang) Anyways the guy hooked me up with Ajax Mazda's number and fortunately they squeezed me in for 11am. I arrived and Kim, the service advisor mentioned my baby had 2 recalls to do. One, for the door locks and the other was the transmission pipe. I was more then happy to get that taken care of and waited for an hour so overall experience wasn't too bad. Only thing which should consider expanding is there waiting area. A little too crammed for me. Experience overall was (4/5).

5_Alive
08-18-2008, 05:20 AM
This is so weird to hear about Ajax Mazda.. if it wasn't for those guys, and me wanting a Speed3, I would have been F'ed over with the Explorer I had, and never knew about the whole disclosure of buying a rental thing..

Ajax was awesome to me, even picked me up in Oshawa from the train station.. My car was an MCI car, but for some weird reason, my whole booklet and my folder is from Avante Mazda.. either way, I love my car.. I didn't really bother to haggle on the price either, I knew what it was worth, I don't like to play stupid "deal me a good price" game..
I haven't heard anything about their service seeing as I'm around 4 hours away..
Their manager is fantastic, same with the financial manager..
They are great people, I'd go back..

kidflash
09-27-2008, 11:26 AM
If you're sticking with Mazda for oil changes, you only have Ajax or Whitby to choose from in the east end. Whitby is faster, yes, but I hate their service dept (well I don't like Ajax either - so take that how you will). Just take good account of your car before you leave it there. Mine came out of regular service with 2 blown headlights and they blamed me and made ME pay for it.

Headlights can blow at any given time...just like the bulbs in your bedrooms? If you painted the inside of your house and then a few bulbs blew out would you blame the paint manufacturer? I would say if you have problems with 2 Mazda dealerships...maybe there is an underlying problem??????????

haushinka
04-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I've liked Ajax Mazda so far. They were the one's willing to do the most for me for trade in and price and options. I have to say though that it depends on who you deal with. I started off dealing with Kelly but was less than impressed so I ended up buying my car from Gary who's been great.

This is so weird to hear about Ajax Mazda.. if it wasn't for those guys, and me wanting a Speed3, I would have been F'ed over with the Explorer I had, and never knew about the whole disclosure of buying a rental thing..

Ajax was awesome to me, even picked me up in Oshawa from the train station.. My car was an MCI car, but for some weird reason, my whole booklet and my folder is from Avante Mazda.. either way, I love my car.. I didn't really bother to haggle on the price either, I knew what it was worth, I don't like to play stupid "deal me a good price" game..
I haven't heard anything about their service seeing as I'm around 4 hours away..
Their manager is fantastic, same with the financial manager..
They are great people, I'd go back..

jcutner
04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey,

I had to take my 3 to ajax mazda a week or two ago, to address the issue about stalling.

They determined it was the purge hose that was stuck open, and due to the fact that

a) i was did not have MAP
b) i've only had the car about a month

They were willing to pay half of the total repair cost, which was about $400 overall. So it worked out to $200 for me.

On the flip side, the lack of communication from Ajax Mazda was atrocious. This would bring down my service review from an 8/10 to a 5/10.

Every single time, I had to call them, to find out the status and even when it was done. Not ONCE did I receive a call from them, to let me know what the issues were, or even when the car was done.

haushinka
04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I'll be going to Dave Wood Mazda in Newmarket for service. Thanks for the head's up about the lack of communication in the service department.

Hey,

I had to take my 3 to ajax mazda a week or two ago, to address the issue about stalling.

They determined it was the purge hose that was stuck open, and due to the fact that

a) i was did not have MAP
b) i've only had the car about a month

They were willing to pay half of the total repair cost, which was about $400 overall. So it worked out to $200 for me.

On the flip side, the lack of communication from Ajax Mazda was atrocious. This would bring down my service review from an 8/10 to a 5/10.

Every single time, I had to call them, to find out the status and even when it was done. Not ONCE did I receive a call from them, to let me know what the issues were, or even when the car was done.

01mineralgt
06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Hello Everyone

Just letting you know my experiences at Ajax Mazda. My gf and I went in to have some minor cosmetic piece reattached and an oil change done. We planned on leaving the car for the day. The day goes by and not a single call to say it’s done or any updates. We go back around 4pm thinking the car would be ready. Right away they tell us they can't do the cosmetic piece which I was fine with. I totally understand, but call a would have been nice. They said we have to take it to a body shop, which is ok. Funning thing, when the service advisor drove the car up to show us why they can't do the cosmetic piece. I noticed the car sounded louder than normal, I didn't think anything about it. I walk into the service expecting to pay for the oil change. It took them 10 mins to write up the bill. I couldn’t understand why it took so long. My gf drives home. I then get a call from her saying the oil light came on when driving home. Her dad checked the oil. NOTHING on the dipstick. Had to have the car towed to Ajax Mazda. The next day the service manager told my GF, it leaked out from the drain plug. I think that’s complete BS. My guess is they plain forgot to put it in. Basically, all they did was say sorry and give us a free oil change for next time. They didn't even refund the money from this change. They even said they were not responsible for the tow. Luckily CAA covered that. Every person I've talked to about this situation has told me. They've shortened the life of the engine by doing this. I can't believe they expect us to go back to them for anything. What would you guys do?

Bean
06-13-2009, 04:54 PM
What a bunch of *******s :flaming

aris
06-13-2009, 08:30 PM
First off they should pick up the tab for the tow...since the oil change was done by them the day before...if i were you i would go to someone higher up in that dealer then the serive manger and have a talk with them.

Two weeks ago i went to my local dealer to get my oil changed and the mechanic did not put enough oil...I take it to dealer cause the car is under warranty but after that i am changing it my self...at least i know i will put enough oil in it.

Thrizzl3
06-13-2009, 09:06 PM
thats utter BS how can a dealership not take blame for their own actions. i would talk to the dealership manager and explain the situation on how an oil change was performed on your car and while driving home the oil leaked out. You had nothing to do with the oil leaking out as all you were doing was driving the car so you were unaware.

-1 for ajax mazda

thanu31
06-13-2009, 11:11 PM
oh wowww, im getting mad hearing about this, you should give them hell....wow i wudnt have left that place without getting some compensation or something

dsichewski
06-13-2009, 11:32 PM
if there was next to no oil left in the engine...might i suggest cutting your oil filter to see if your engine suffered any damage...

malam
06-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I would call Mazda Canada and file a report - just incase you need a warranty job later, you don't want them turning you down and blamming you.

Flagrum_3
06-14-2009, 02:20 AM
I would call Mazda Canada and file a report - just incase you need a warranty job later, you don't want them turning you down and blamming you.

Big +1 Get this filed with Mazda Canada, Pronto!! ...and ask them for confirmation of the report in 'writing' stating they are aware of the situation.

This incident may have shortened the life of that engine considerably :flaming

_3

_xibit_
06-20-2009, 06:14 AM
I came across this post while researching ajax mazda customer experiences online. I had an absolutely unbelievable experience with them. Their entire attitude towards my matter was appalling to say the least. Feel free to check out my post on the RX8 forums and whatever you do, STAY AWAY from these guys. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy!

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=176458

Bean
06-20-2009, 09:53 AM
I came across this post while researching ajax mazda customer experiences online. I had an absolutely unbelievable experience with them. Their entire attitude towards my matter was appalling to say the least. Feel free to check out my post on the RX8 forums and whatever you do, STAY AWAY from these guys. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy!

Totally unacceptable. And yet they are still in Business and have Customers. Go Figure :flaming

aris
06-20-2009, 09:56 AM

Dude that is terrible..i hope you get your money for your plates back..