PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!!

wtom
07-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Dealership called around 3:30pm today, my car is on their lot!!! Pick up will probably be Friday :), if not then Monday. :(

dinu01
07-21-2004, 04:51 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I know the excitement. Mine will be 2 weeks old tomorrow - since pick-up.

It now has over 1200kms w/no break dust, grooves, CELs, rattles, anything...

FLIPDADY
07-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Congrats!! After you pick up your car I hope to see you here at Avante!:D

Dr Butcher
07-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Nice! Mine should be in tomorrow and I\'m in the same boat wtom, I\'ll have to pick it up on Monday before I leave for my vacation. It\'ll be sitting at home while I\'m tooling around the east coast. Bummer. :(

wtom
07-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Thanks dinu01! Definitely will meet up sometime maybe Sunday? I\'m 99% sure I\'m gonna pick up the car Friday night... shit reminds me to go get the damn tinting... Saturday morning 9am... so early! damn...

Flipspeed - no need to ask, I\'m THERE for service. :)

Dr Butcher... you called your dealership? No chance to get it Friday before they close?

miggiddy
07-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Congrats! It\'s about damn time!!

dinu01
07-21-2004, 08:05 PM
I\'m going camping on Friday and I\'ll return on Sunday afternoon.

I promised my girl friend to go out w/her Sunday evening, but Monday evening I should be free.

Anyways, post here over the weekend and I\'ll read when I come back on Sunday.

I\'ll leave you my cell # in a PM.

Then Dr Butcher can join us too (if he\'s back in town by then) - the Scarb/Pickering town line is very close to us ;)

Dr Butcher
07-21-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by wtom
Dr Butcher... you called your dealership? No chance to get it Friday before they close?

I was told that it was going to be in tomorrow, depending on when it arrives I guess Gyro can do what they need to do to it once they have it on their lot. Friday I have a bunch of stuff to do for before the trip and have made plans to be out of the city starting at noon. I asked them if they allow pickups on Saturdays but they don\'t so that basically leaves me with Monday. I had orginally planned on staying in on Monday and getting everything ready for the trip but I think I can make an exception. :D

Newlook
07-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Congraduations Warren!

Originally posted by dinu01

How do you manage to have 1200km on your car and NO brake dust??

super_vixen
07-21-2004, 10:58 PM
congrats!!! :)

soon there will be just little ole\' me without my car

WickEd M3
07-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Congratulations on the buy!
Got over 12000 ks on mine, just make sure you break it in properly.
Anyone know how to get around the 188km speedlimiter? It really sucks! It like hitting a wall.

Snipes
07-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Wow, if all of yours came in then i\'m really hoping mine is in there as well. I called yesterday morning but no luck but she said they had more coming in in the evening. Hopfeully I can pick mine up friday night as well.:)

dinu01
07-22-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Newlook

Congraduations Warren!

Originally posted by dinu01

How do you manage to have 1200km on your car and NO brake dust??

I don\'t know... I washed it Sunday and cleaned the wheels with an old t-shirt. Yes there was some black stuff coming off, but after a week of driving it (before last Sunday and since then until today), the front and rear wheels look clean. It certainly doesn\'t look like BMWs with their black alloys.

There\'s very little brake dust, but you only notice it when you wipe it off with a white piece of cloth, otherwise the car looks very clean.

When we have the meet, I might not clean the car for it if you guys want to. I want to see how bad your brake dust it also. So I won\'t wash it for a week prior to the meet and I need someone w/brake dust to do the same. Who\'s up for it?

ZoomZoom Girl
07-22-2004, 08:42 AM
:) I\'m so happy for you Warren! What mods are you having done? I got the 35% all around tint (nothing on windshield) and could not be happier with the look and impact on my visibility (reduces sun glare, no effect that I can perceive on night time driving).

My car arrived in Toronto on June 22 so it seems like they may just have one shipment coming in per month (???). It took another 6 days for the car to make it to Sudbury....just something to keep in mind for all those of you still waiting. Anyhow, congratulations! You won\'t regret holding out for the winning blue but be prepared for your new \"celebrity\" status...this car gets major looks and attention! :D

Hypothrml
07-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Congrats!!!

You can finally show up to the car meets in your own car now.

wtom
07-22-2004, 09:22 AM
miggiddy, Newlook, super_vixen, WickEd M3, ZoomZoom Girl, and Hypothrml, thank you all!! Seven weeks... I missed half the freakin summer already! :zzz

Monday evening should be good for me, dinu, and definitely gotta keep the human gf in mind while the car wife has all the attention. heheheheh

Newlook, I read in M3F the newer build Mazda3\'s do not have the brake dust and rotor grooving problems. Not sure about the other minor common issues (CEL, rattling, etc.).

super_vixen, don\'t worry, I\'m sure one of the guys here will let you drive their car around for a whole day. :D

WickEd M3, I\'m definietly pampering this car after I get it; first auto purchase!

Snipes, call again today aight? :)

ZoomZoom Girl, yeah those looks and stares... more reason for me to get the tint... haha

Hypothrml, I was waiting to see who would mention that first! Haha...

ZoomZoom Girl
07-22-2004, 09:30 AM
If you drive on fairly smooth roads, your ride should be great. However, if you drive on crappy roads (ever been to Sudbury?), you will notice alot of road noise and a bit of wind noise, along with a fair amount of rattling and squeeks. I brought my car in once for the doors (cables were loose from the clips) and will have to investigate the other rattles that have popped up (from somewhere around stereo system, in trunk...). Aside from that, minimal brake dust, no grooving, no CEL, no airbag sensor malfunction, AC works fine (hit over 35 with humidity in Sudbury past few days...no problems!) Enjoy! :D

Grifter
07-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Hey man, I know you told me over email, but just wanted to throw in my congrats here as well. I know how long you\'ve waited for this!

So we\'ll be parking beside each other at hockey on Saturdays, right? Be careful when opening your door, I don\'t want door dings! :D :D

Just in time for the meet too, yeah?

dinu01
07-22-2004, 12:32 PM
We\'ll talk Sunday evening re: Monday nite

wtom
07-22-2004, 04:24 PM
ZoomZoom Girl - I\'ll find out how bad that noise is. I\'ve driven a \'92 Buick for the past 8 or 9 years and I feel it\'s not bad. Never had anyone comment on road/wind noise tho, and it had rattles too. Hopefully driving this car for so long will make the new Mazda3 seem like a purring kitten. :)

Grifter - Thank You! Finally indeed! And definitely will make it for the third official Toronto Mazda3 meet!

Xenon
07-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Congradulations wtom!!!!

Glad to see another blue will be joining me at the next meet.

Newlook
07-22-2004, 08:10 PM
LOL! Xenon now got a partner :D

dinu01
07-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

LOL! Xenon now got a partner :D

That\'s not necessarily a good thing!:p

wtom
07-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks, Xenon!

Hahaha partner? Wait a sec... Xenon\'s car is male or female? Mine is a Transformer. :p (hey if they can make a Subaru WRX be a Transformer, I see no problem making both Mazda3 Sedan AND Sport a Transformer!)

xoom
07-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Congrats on the car, wtom! I\'ll be joining you on monday as another winning blue HB in Markham. The dealer said the car came in today, but the licensing and mechanical mumbo jumbo won\'t be ready til monday *grumble*...

Xenon
07-23-2004, 09:11 PM
My car\'s a female. I call here babe all the time :D

but if your car tries to kiss mine, I\'ll kill you :sarc :p

bluntman
07-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Hmm, RJ3 seems to have the only unique colour in our little club. Maybe I\'ll drive my dad\'s VR hatch to the next meet. :D

wtom
07-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Congrats xoom! Hang in there for the weekend! :)

I think if any car tried to kiss another car, the paint will stick together... ? trying to think how it would work... heheheh

Bluntman, it\'ll be really nice to have a Velocity Red in the next meet!!! No jokes!

Xenon
07-25-2004, 02:33 PM
It\'d be the first red to show up at a meet!

MZ3_GS
07-25-2004, 06:46 PM
I get a lot of dust in the rear, The rear pads seem to be wearing out faster than the front.

ANyways, if your brakes are squelling when you stop clean them with a pressure washer!

Xenon
07-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by MZ3_GS

I get a lot of dust in the rear, The rear pads seem to be wearing out faster than the front.

ANyways, if your brakes are squelling when you stop clean them with a pressure washer!

Where did that come from? Kinda our of the blue isn\'t it?