PDA

View Full Version : How far on a tank of regular?

DukeNukem
04-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been using my new Mazda 3 GS-SKY for a couple weeks now. After filling up the tank at Shell, the onboard computer says I can go about 800km. So I did the math. According to Canada's 2014 Fuel Consumption Guide, the fuel economy is 4.7L/100km. The Mazda 3 has a 50L tank, so theoretically you should be able to go 1,063.83 km. Anyone come close? According to the Guide, The Mazda 3 SKY has the same fuel efficiency as the VW Jetta TDI.

I won't be testing the car at 100% highway (Ajax -> Halifax) until end of June. Just curious what others are getting. Last week I did 665 with 2 notches left (so about 730 km for the tank). Most of that was highway, but lots of stop-and-go traffic so might as well call it city driving. LOL. When I drive to Halifax in June I'll do cruise control at 100 km/h. That should give me a solid answer.

I just want to say that I love my new Mazda 3. It's sleek, responsive, comfortable, fuel-efficient, stops on a dime, and has a classy-looking dash. A bit loud on the highway, but nothing's perfect.