PDA

View Full Version : end of brake dust

mikespike
08-02-2004, 01:19 AM
last week i went to get my first oil change at avante mazda. i told them about the
problem with lots of brake dust. they said that mazda canada has told them and all
dealers to fix this problem. they cleaned up the brake pads and ajusted them.looks good so far.

bluntman
08-02-2004, 01:07 PM
That\'s great news, thanks for the update!

civiclad
08-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Whew what a relief! Thanks for the update.

Xenon
08-03-2004, 09:24 PM
I\'m going back to Westowne to get my Fuel Purge Solinoid fixed on Thursday.

I\'m going to see if they have the new brakes in too :D

MZ3_GS
08-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Hmmmmmm My dealer still denys a TSB :(

Xenon
08-09-2004, 11:20 AM
I went to Westowne to get my Solinoid fixed. They say they DO NOT have a solution for the brake dust. They did say that Mazda Canada is working on a new pad that will produce less dust tho.

But they don\'t have a replacement pad that fixes the problem.

bluntman
08-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

I went to Westowne to get my Solinoid fixed. They say they DO NOT have a solution for the brake dust. They did say that Mazda Canada is working on a new pad that will produce less dust tho.

But they don\'t have a replacement pad that fixes the problem.

That\'s a lame answer. Why would Mazda, or any car manufacturer, use a different compound on the rear brakes than on the front brakes?

FLIPDADY
08-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Actually many autp part manufacturers do this. For example when GM came out with the the Chevy Malibu they had semi-mettalic pads. After 1,000\'s of complaints they released an organic brake pad that created less brake dust.

Xenon
08-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Flipspeed: Can you confirm that Mazda DOES indeed have a replacement brake pad that produces less brake dust?? Do all Mazda dealers have access to these new parts?

bluntman
08-09-2004, 10:16 PM
My dad took his car in today (Avante Mazda Toronto) to have them look into an intermittent power steering problem as well as the excessive brake dust on the rear rims. The techs couldn\'t find anything wrong with the power steering but swapped out the rear rotors and machined the front rotors...all at NO CHARGE!

FLIPDADY
08-10-2004, 02:53 PM
For the 6 they have updated pads but not for the 3.

///M
08-10-2004, 07:26 PM
I got my rear brakes adjusted under warranty too but I still get quite a bit of brake dust.

miggiddy
08-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I\'m scheduled to go for an oil change tomorrow after work (Ontario Mazda). I\'ll let you know what they do/say for my rear rotors.

M Cube
09-24-2004, 10:09 AM
I took my car in to Avante Mazda (North Toronto) for an oil change last week. I mentioned to them about the excessive brake dust from the rear brakes. I believe they machined the rear pads and adjusted the tightness of the brackets holding the brake pads. Looking good so far..........They also fix the \"running water\" noise that cause by the air pockets in the cooling system. They really did a very good job.......very good service........I highly recommand them..........:)

RedRaptor
09-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Excellent news. I\'m getting quite tired cleaning my rims once or twice a week...I\'ll be sure to mentioned it to Avante on my first oil change.