PDA

View Full Version : Oh oh

Snipes
08-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi all, I was driving my car home the night i picked it up and when i got home I realized that there was a chip on the hood just above the grill. What is the easiest way to fix this. I didn\'t even have enough time to go out and buy the 3M Bra before it happened.
Gotta get that on soon.
Before I get the bra put on what should be done to fix the chip. Not too sure how long it will take to get the bra done.

civiclad
08-03-2004, 01:56 PM
I used Touch-up paint from the dealer and used a Toothpick to apply the paint.

bluntman
08-03-2004, 02:22 PM
A tooth pick is a great idea if it\'s just a small scratch. For larger ones I\'ve used a match (from a matchbook), not the head, but the torn end. For an even better looking job, clean out the scratch (therefore making it slightly larger, but removing any dirt, grit and wax), apply a coat of touch-up paint, let it dry and then sand with some fine wet/dry sandpaper. Repeat several more times until smooth and then finish with some clear coat.

It\'s too bad that Mazda doesn\'t have the 2-in-1 touch-up paint pens like Toyota. One end is the touch-up paint and the other end it clear.

MajesticBlueNTO
08-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

It\'s too bad that Mazda doesn\'t have the 2-in-1 touch-up paint pens like Toyota. One end is the touch-up paint and the other end it clear.

nissan has the paint pens too and i used it on the max to cover up a huge paint chip. it was the easiest chip repair ever. mazda should definitely look into the paint pens.