PDA

View Full Version : PS2 ModChip Install

snipe
08-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to get a PS2 modded with a DMS3 chip? I already have a PS2, just need to mod it now.

bluntman
08-11-2004, 08:20 AM
For that sort of thing, I\'d check out Pacific Mall or Dragon Game Centre at the Dragon Centre (Glen Watford & Sheppard - Glen Watford is east of Midland).

miggiddy
08-11-2004, 08:55 AM
How much would a modchip cost? The GF has a PS2, she could use a few more titles, especially Winning 11, she\'s big on soccer....oh and I wouldn\'t mind it either ;)

Dr Butcher
08-11-2004, 10:08 AM
My brother had his Dreamcast, Saturn and Playstation done at the Dragon Center. I assume they can do the more recent consoles now. About the price I have no clue.

billyfo
08-11-2004, 06:28 PM
it depends what model you have, mine was bought at FS in Dec, friend told me it was a newer version, so would cost me $140, now I was told around $110 with 4? DVD games. if you want I can ask which shop it will be, cause mine still in stock chip.

snipe
08-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

it depends what model you have, mine was bought at FS in Dec, friend told me it was a newer version, so would cost me $140, now I was told around $110 with 4? DVD games. if you want I can ask which shop it will be, cause mine still in stock chip.

My PS2 is Version 10. Also, do these shops provide warranty that it will work? What if they screw up?

FLIPDADY
08-12-2004, 08:03 AM
There\'s a shop in Pac Mall called Softmart. I did my mod a few years ago there but apparently the chip screws up the eye in the player and now my mod is obsolete.:( The guy basically told me that I would need a new unit. It still plays the older burnt games, DVD\'s, and original PS2 games.

MajesticBlueNTO
08-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by snipe

Originally posted by billyfo

My PS2 is Version 10. Also, do these shops provide warranty that it will work? What if they screw up?

when my friends got their ps1 done, the warranty was 90 days on the chip and they showed you that it worked before you paid for it.

as for screwing up...that\'s something you have to ask them but i\'m guessing that it\'s a risk you have to take.