PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recommendations re. service

gh1977
06-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Hi All,

I bought a 2011 CPO in March, 1st 4M/8K service will be due shortly.

I looked up Scarboro Mazda but they seem to get mixed reviews.

I noticed Markham Mazda is offering oil change + tire rotation at $68.88 + HST but can't seem to find any reviews.

Your thoughts?

S.F.W.
06-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Go a little further east to Whitby Mazda, great service, great team

SKYMP3
06-25-2014, 12:46 PM
For a small service like that, is a good opportunity to test them out on your own. So next time if you need a repair or a service, you will know if you are going back or avoid there at all cost.

Good Luck.

gh1977
06-30-2014, 02:59 PM
For a small service like that, is a good opportunity to test them out on your own. So next time if you need a repair or a service, you will know if you are going back or avoid there at all cost.

Good Luck.

So I took your advice.

They charged an extra $10+tax as they used synthetic oil.

Then, as I was waiting while the car was being serviced, they tried to push a very aggressive upsell.

Apparently, I needed a new air intake filter, as well as a new cabin filter ($29 + $95 + tax)

Also, the brake fluid was apparently discolored and low. $113+ tax to flush and replace.

Lastly, the transmission fluid was "dirty", $90+tax for a drain and fill.

So $327+tax in additional service.

Here's the kicker - I drove my CPO car (2011 Mazda3 GX) off the lot 3.5 months ago and put less than 5K on it (it's at 65K now). There's no way I need those fluids changed already, this was confirmed by the seller (other dealership).

So I took it to an independent across the street - I also get my Civic serviced there - and they checked out the car. They only recommended changing the air intake filter - $24 taxes in.

Apparently it's going to be ages until the brake fluid needs replacement, and probably another year until the transmission fluid should be changed.

Guess where I will be taking mu business from now on.

Cab0oze
06-30-2014, 03:08 PM
So I took your advice.

They charged an extra $10+tax as they used synthetic oil.

Then, as I was waiting while the car was being serviced, they tried to push a very aggressive upsell.

Apparently, I needed a new air intake filter, as well as a new cabin filter ($29 + $95 + tax)

Also, the brake fluid was apparently discolored and low. $113+ tax to flush and replace.

Lastly, the transmission fluid was "dirty", $90+tax for a drain and fill.

So $327+tax in additional service.

WOW talk about a scam... that is just terrible (and is the exact reason I stopped taking my car to garages long ago). I would have made a huge scene if this ever happened to me.
Did you even ask for synthetic or did they just 'accidentally' put the more expensive stuff in, then try to charge you for it?

I'm also a bit surprised they didn't tell you your headlight fluid was slightly foggy and should be upgraded.

-edit-
Also you should mention in your post which one you went to...

gh1977
06-30-2014, 03:34 PM
This was at Markham Mazda

Jackal
06-30-2014, 07:20 PM
This was at Markham Mazda

Markscam Mazda Stealership.

gh1977
06-30-2014, 07:30 PM

At least they did notify me up front it was going to be $10 more because of the synthetic vs regular oil - LOL.

The service guy kept saying that my car was a US import, I kept saying no it isn't. This went on for 5 minutes. He then checked again on their computer, lo and behold it's a Canadian car.

My guess is, since he at first thought it was a US car, let's play the fear card or whatever, sucker this guy into the fluid changes.

Not today my friend, not today.

TonyM3H
07-03-2014, 08:54 AM

haha good one :thumbsup