PDA

View Full Version : Wheel locks for 2014 Mazda 3 GS

Cinnabon
08-19-2014, 09:54 AM
I want to get a set of wheel locks for the alloy wheels the 2014 Mazda 3 comes with. I was trying to look through the owner's manual to see which wheel locks are recommended. I couldn't find this information and I was hoping someone could help me.

I quickly searched one up on Canadian tire and see this:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mcgard-wheel-locks-0417610p.html#.U_NUU8XIbWY
- Open-ended wheel lock set works on Chevy trucks
- They are also ideal for any M14 X 1.5 application

Does this fit my car? Are there other recommendations? I can't find the size in the owner's manual for my car. Thanks!

20143GTowner
08-19-2014, 10:04 AM
You can get them from your dealer:

part number; 0000-88-120D-PB

$34.05 plus tax
:)

lazycro
08-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Cinnabon best to just get them from a dealer sponsor on here

Cinnabon
08-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Cinnabon best to just get them from a dealer sponsor on here

Thanks!! I was looking at Mazda's website and it looks like those wheel locks cost $75. How do I get it for that price discounted? Sorry, I haven't used this forum before and don't know who the "dealer sponsor" are.

lazycro
08-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Jeff-TheBiz might be able to give you a quote from his parts dept, as well Avante Mazda has discounts not sure what %

20143GTowner
08-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks!! I was looking at Mazda's website and it looks like those wheel locks cost $75. How do I get it for that price discounted? Sorry, I haven't used this forum before and don't know who the "dealer sponsor" are.

The $75 is for taxes and installation on new vehicles, the $34.05 is for just the locks, no taxes or installation, I also work in Parts for Mazda :)

Karmaspeed
08-19-2014, 11:40 AM
If you want I have an extra set from the dealer sealed; pm me with your price if you want to buy them.

Dorsai
08-20-2014, 12:37 PM
The $75 is for taxes and installation on new vehicles, the $34.05 is for just the locks, no taxes or installation, I also work in Parts for Mazda :)

So here is the question. Can you get a spare key for the locks? If so, how much would it cost? Do we order it through the dealer?

Thanks

sarujo
08-20-2014, 01:13 PM
If somebody wants your wheels enough they will take them - your $35 locks from the dealer won't stop them.

Honestly, I would go with a tuner style lug nut and visit one of the wheel/tire sponsors such as Tires23, Simply, Exclusive etc... You could always buy a set of tuner locking lugs for another layer of protection but you end up with two keys (sockets). I do this and they look great.

In the winter time I put my steelies and hub caps on and revert back to the factory lugs without worry of salt corrosion.

joedesign
08-20-2014, 10:47 PM
$20 at Amazon

As far as I know Mazda uses McGard branded locks so they should be the same ones

http://www.amazon.ca/McGard-24157-Chrome-Wheel-Thread/dp/B000CONU1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407709895&sr=8-1&keywords=mcgard

kasakato
09-01-2014, 08:40 PM
My OEM locks came in a white bag with a zip tie. Dealer installs them on all cars at no cost.

20143GTowner
09-02-2014, 09:34 AM
My OEM locks came in a white bag with a zip tie. Dealer installs them on all cars at no cost.

dealers do not install them on all cars at no cost, certain dealers may be running a promotion of some kind or another or they may be included in the overall price of the car

Johns 08 3 GT
09-02-2014, 12:27 PM

That cost was in the price of the car if you check your bill of sale.

kaboose
10-12-2014, 05:34 AM
hey sorry to bump this thread but recently i went to get flat tire fixed and the place told me that i am missing my wheel lock key so they had to break the wheel lock on the tire that was flat so wht do i do now? is there a way to get the replacement key ? should i leave the wheel locks on the other three wheels ? because if i do that and i get a flat tire on the road i wont be able to change it myself

unknown
10-12-2014, 05:43 AM
hey sorry to bump this thread but recently i went to get flat tire fixed and the place told me that i am missing my wheel lock key so they had to break the wheel lock on the tire that was flat so wht do i do now? is there a way to get the replacement key ? should i leave the wheel locks on the other three wheels ? because if i do that and i get a flat tire on the road i wont be able to change it myself

Did you get a lock id card with a replacement order form with the locks? For my oem ones it seems to just require the id code and I could order replacement keys or locks from mcgard.

unknown
10-12-2014, 05:44 AM

And sorry about your flat tire. Hope it's not why your awake so early

SonicBoy
10-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Some Mazda dealerships have the master lock sets and should be able to remove the other 3 for you. Just call their service department and ask. If not, there are tools to remove the other 3 locks. I believe Princess Auto retails it.

Or, get creative and hammer on a socket and see if they turn.