PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean your engine bay?

///M
09-11-2004, 09:54 PM
I haven\'t cleaned my engine bay since I got the car about 4 months ago...needless to say it\'s pretty dusty in there. How am I supposed to clean and detail my engine? I have no idea. :hoho

bluntman
09-11-2004, 10:17 PM
I wouldn\'t use a pressure washer, just soap, a bucket of water and a garden hose.

dredd2099
09-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

I wouldn\'t use a pressure washer, just soap, a bucket of water and a garden hose.

dont forget to cover ur electricals as well

civiclad
09-14-2004, 09:51 AM
I use a damp cloth to wipe the engine bay.

Xenon
09-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by dredd2099

Originally posted by bluntman

dont forget to cover ur electricals as well

Unlike the Trix, most of our stuff is incased in plastic already :p

fat mike
09-14-2004, 12:19 PM
I use a deionized (SP?) preasure washer. Jus avoid the alternator as much as possible and your all good! :)

idreamofmazda
10-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Try an air-compressor, I have one at work, and just used it during my lunch. Did a good job, except for the flat surface on the air-intake, but that can be cleaned with a rag. Remove the engine cover, and watch the bugs and dust fly.

I don’t like the idea of using water.

Gatekeeper
10-08-2004, 04:02 PM
I\'m sure like most of the MZ3 owners, the engine bays are just abit dusty.

I have always used a power washer with a bit of soap, if necessary. My other car till this day, has always had an immaculate looking engine because of that.

A word of caution, try to cover any electrical box that you might think will react to water penetration. Then again, todays cars might be better covered when it comes to exposed electrical wires.

dredd2099
10-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

oh yea
lotso plastic under there
snap on, snap off
dang it

Xenon
10-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by dredd2099

Originally posted by Xenon

oh yea
lotso plastic under there
snap on, snap off
dang it

haha... remember at the dyno how easy it was for me to take of the engine cover? You trix people were unscrewing unbolting like crazy...

I waslk in and just yank the cover off. :D