PDA

View Full Version : Brake pad help

crasth
10-18-2014, 09:31 PM
So i ordered some brake pads and rotors frok my ms3 but i noticed some abnormalities. The outter pad doesnt have the part to hook the retaining clip, these also came with a wire and a connector ans i dont see that mine or the aftermarket have these. They are promax. I looked up on their website the part number and it says its for speed but im confusedq

SomeGuy
10-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Don't buy cheap shitty brakes? Stick with OEM...or at least centric blanks and hawk/ebc/corksport pads.

Johns 08 3 GT
10-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Don't buy cheap shitty brakes? Stick with OEM...or at least centric blanks and hawk/ebc/corksport pads.

Following the above advice will fix your confusion. If they have a wire on them they are probably for something German.

silverstarmazda
10-19-2014, 12:51 AM
you have the one for the audi, i got the same. as for the backing clip....it should be there

crasth
10-19-2014, 02:25 AM
I guess its time to give them back and get some good stuff. I even ordered hawks but my buddy hooked me up with these pads and the rotors for a ridiculous cheap price so i couldnt ket that go. Only if they fit lol. Bow regarding the disks, sorry fir the ignorance but how do i know if they fit, i tried them on and they fit but how do i really know if theyre for my car

silverstarmazda
10-19-2014, 02:49 AM
compare them to the old ones? the mazdaspeed rotor is 320mm in diameter, thickness around 25mm and a height of 49mm (manufacturer may vary slightly). the BIG give away is the bolt pattern which should be 5x114 with a centre bore of 72mm

i might have to trade in my audi front pads because they are giving me fitment trouble... even though they should work...for some reason they are too thick

crasth
10-19-2014, 12:25 PM
compare them to the old ones? the mazdaspeed rotor is 320mm in diameter, thickness around 25mm and a height of 49mm (manufacturer may vary slightly). the BIG give away is the bolt pattern which should be 5x114 with a centre bore of 72mm

i might have to trade in my audi front pads because they are giving me fitment trouble... even though they should work...for some reason they are too thick
Yeah i know but i didnt compare them when i had the old one off. So i wanted another way. Ill measure it and make sure it works

silverstarmazda
10-20-2014, 12:13 PM
okay as for my fitment troubles. it seems as though the audi pads i got (although identical in shape) is just aliiiightly thicker than what the speeds use (at least on my brand of pads). the audi pads i got are 0.06in thicker than the speed 6 (known compatible). thats 3mm of extra pad material and it was seizing my rotor stiff.

so in the end, dont use the audi pads even though they look the same