PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Rear Shock - Knocking Over Bumps

nrajput
10-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Hello all,

I have been hearing a weird thump/knocking noise from the rear wheels when I go over even small bumps. I had a feeling it was a leaking shock. I had a look at the shock (in the wheel well) and sure enough, the rear left shock was soaked in liquid (on a dry day). I had my winter tires put on at the dealership yesterday and the dealership was able to confirm that the shock was in fact leaking. They quoted me $700 plus tax to have the shocks replaced ($350 each).

SO it seems to me I'm on my own since it isn't covered under warranty either.

Is there any one who knows a mechanic that that can do the job properly but with a fair price? At the very least, can someone tell me where to find the part BBN528910C at a better price?

I don't need anything fancy, just need to get the job done - I am not too rough with the car (sometimes it needs it though I must say) ;)

Thanks, and sorry for the long post - trying to be as detailed as possible.

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - 101k KM - Stock

SomeGuy
10-30-2014, 08:05 PM
WTF $700!?!?!

The shocks, just parts for a PAIR is $300 and it takes about 20 minutes to swap both.

I have a spare set of used 2010 speed 3 shocks with ~45,000km on them. I'll sell you them for $200 including install if you come to me.

mickey_g
10-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Take SomeGuy up on his offer or if you prefer brand new order through onlinemazdaparts and take it to Jimmy @ Street Performance. OnlineMazdaparts lists the rear shocks @ $85.31 USD each

SKYMP3
10-31-2014, 11:23 AM
I paid under $600 on a set on Koni Yellow....front and rear.
350 for just for rear from dealer?

nrajput
11-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Take SomeGuy up on his offer or if you prefer brand new order through onlinemazdaparts and take it to Jimmy @ Street Performance. OnlineMazdaparts lists the rear shocks @ $85.31 USD each

Hey thanks a lot for your reply. I tried to search for the part at onlinemazda but they only seem to ship to the US (unless I'm just not doing it right). I have heard of streetpower before, I'm just waiting on a call back with a quote. @Some Guy I like the offer, where are you located?

SomeGuy
11-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Hey thanks a lot for your reply. I tried to search for the part at onlinemazda but they only seem to ship to the US (unless I'm just not doing it right). I have heard of streetpower before, I'm just waiting on a call back with a quote. @Some Guy I like the offer, where are you located?
nrajput

I'm in Kitchener.