PDA

View Full Version : Promo/Welcome Notes

wtom
09-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone,

Attached to this message is my Word doc file of the first draft for a BRIEF but welcoming note that I will plan to stick on the windshield of other Mazda3\'s I see in parking lots. Please provide feedback or suggestions on this matter in your reply.

At most, I will keep a log of the license plate number and car colour of each and every car I attach a notice to, so as to prevent from handing out multiple notes and pissing off the owner more than welcoming them.

EDIT: Attached is the new note I will now hand out. I print out a few sheets and then cut the sheets into thirds. Only ONE note has been handed out so far and it was a Winning Blue Sport in First Markham Place. :p

majic
09-15-2004, 06:02 PM
let the recruiting begin.. :D

Xenon
09-15-2004, 07:04 PM
I personally am not quite for this.

First of all.... Yes it\'s a great way to advertise, but we\'d literally have to put put hundreds for it to make a difference. Not to mention the paper etc involved.

It\'s a great ploy, but I don\'t think we want to be doing that yet. Lots of drivers may be mad at getting a sheet of paper on their windshield...

I\'m iffy about this. I don\'t think this is the type of promotion we need or want. We wwould be mostly looking for enthusiasts and people who are crazy about their car. It\'s great that we have a wealth of information on our site, but I also want participation. That is how we make it strong.

Promotions like this should only be used at events where enthusiasts attend. DarKnights, MOM etc. I\'m not sure putting these sheets on random cars is the best idea.

Our numbers aren\'t growing slowly, we average about 5 new members each week.

That\'s my opinion.

On a side note: All the promotions stuff that I do is run by TM3 before it is executed. Although he\'s not always on the forums or at meets, we do talk and I get approval on everything that I have done so far, Banners, decals, hats. This is the first I have heard of this promotion.

majic
09-16-2004, 02:49 PM
i agree..

there would be someold folks or ppl who just the car b/c .. well they dunno why ..

so they could be upset.. and the real enthusiasts will trickle in on their own.. trust me.. we all found our wasy here :D

EDIT: umm my first post was sarcastic.. and i didn\'t feel like writing as much as Xenon wrote :p

TheFastLane
09-05-2006, 11:03 PM
If you need help handing these out to fellow Mazda3 owners....I can help you out..
I work for a body shop that deals with a lot of Mazda 3\'s...
I can just put one of these cards in the customer\'s vehicles when we are finished...

LMK

Broli
09-06-2006, 02:38 AM
we can work on recruitment strategies in open form,
or as part of one of the first directives a club committee

honestly, the one thing that is going well for this club is recuritment
we do seem to get a lot of new members!

i have some ideas, but i will save them for later:p

KenYork
09-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by majic

i agree..

there would be someold folks or ppl who just the car b/c .. well they dunno why ..

so they could be upset.. and the real enthusiasts will trickle in on their own.. trust me.. we all found our wasy here :D

EDIT: umm my first post was sarcastic.. and i didn\'t feel like writing as much as Xenon wrote :p

the sensitive side.

Originally posted by TheFastLane

If you need help handing these out to fellow Mazda3 owners....I can help you out..
I can just put one of these cards in the customer\'s vehicles when we are finished...

LMK

I like this idea, If we could do this out of our own personal/business networks instead of out in the public. So even if they have questions, there is someone that they know they can ask.

Cardinal Fang
09-06-2006, 09:51 AM
I found out about this club when I saw a TorontoMazda3.com decal on a Winning Blue Hatch.

SABIO
09-07-2006, 04:12 AM
not a bad idea. Do it. \\

You don\'t need anyones permisson.

bluntman
09-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by TheFastLane

That doesn\'t speak too highly of Mazda 3 drivers! lol

FLIPDADY
09-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

That doesn\'t speak too highly of Mazda 3 drivers! lol
Unless they\'re doing custom work.;)

justin
09-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

not a bad idea. Do it. \\

You don\'t need anyones permisson.

+1. I wanted to see what other people said...

So here\'s my rant...

Since when do we need permission to do anything to promote our club?!?!?! Talk about an oligarchy! Isn\'t this supposed to be a community? That\'s what I though this was when I signed up.

Now it\'s mutated into this \"rule of the many by the few\" deal that\'s really starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

All that\'s needed is some common sense. Are we going to place one on EVERY 3 out there? No... of course not. However, if the car is lowered, tinted, with an exhaust and some JDM mods, then yeah, give the person one. Hell, I meet people all the time with bone stock 3\'s that ask about the site, the club. One guy talked to me for over an hour a few weeks back.

I say do it, and don\'t worry about what a few people think. If it brings more positive attention to our club and gets the number of members up, by all means.

Broli
09-08-2006, 02:01 AM
i tend to talk to people when i see them with a 3
mention the club to them, and thats really it
if i had a card, i would give it to them
i am not gonna go thru the trouble of making them
if i had some, i would . . .
i think u know where this is going

it could be something we give to members to give out,
obviously that is what it is intended for, and i have no problem with it!

like i said b4, this club is growning in a great way, that is the best part of this club,
were like bunnies, we multiply

:p

Jeff-TheBiz
09-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Broli

if i had a card, i would give it to them

It wouldnt be expensive to have em made..

nothing off the wall.. just something like:

\"NICE CAR!

Check out the website that is the authority on

Mazda3s in the GTA.

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/images/themes/openbb/logo.gif

Referred by : TheBiz <- this part could be hand writted.

BiG-ED
06-03-2007, 06:12 PM
I found out about this club when I saw a TorontoMazda3.com decal on a Winning Blue Hatch.

this is what brought me to the other forums im on as well
also, not saying that tm3 should implement this, but other forums send out decals to new members free of charge and just seeing these decals on 3's will bring attention to the club. Other forums charge 2-4 dollars and are still shipped to their doors. Its a good no-pressure, no-hassle way to promote and recruit.

cwp_sedan
06-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Our decals cost $10 and go towards the club. I didn't think twice about paying the $10 because I know it is helping a little bit plus it will advertise a little.

MicroDude
06-17-2007, 01:46 PM
in quebec i made little busniess cards off vistaprint and gave some to members.. cost me about 20$ for 1000 cards..

fred333
01-02-2008, 11:20 AM
That sounds like a pretty nice deal there.